Chapter 77

Chapter 77

Thomas thinks about everything his father said, about losing everything. He just can't make that happen. He does see it happening in front of him, little by little and it scares him. He just knows he has to stop it somehow. There has to be a way, that he can get back into her heart?

The next day comes and it's a Monday, everyone getting ready for work. Thomas sees Alana getting her lunch from the frig and heading out. She always seems in her own world lately. Always busy with work or whatever, she wasn't the same person he knew before.

"Hey, have a nice day at work," Thomas says.

"Thank you, same to you," Alana answers walking out the door.

Alana goes to work, seeing Judy at the front desk just waiting to hear all about her weekend.

"Ok, girl give me all the details. Is he as good as he claims?" Judy laughs.

"Even better," Alana smirks.

"Well, I will be damned. So it all went well?" Judy asks.

"Yes, it was very nice. We had dinner, walked around, then went to the room, and make love. It was a great Valentine's day." Alana answers.

"I am so glad. So he was romantic? Gentle? Everything Thomas isn't?" Judy giggles.

"Yes, Pretty much. I got another dozen of roses, there were also roses in the shape of a heart on our bed. He is ever so gentle, he did everything to me, I didn't get to really touch him as I wanted. I was so in Awe of everything, to be honest. He takes my breath away." Alana admits.

"I am glad you got your romance and good sex. How was Thomas?"Judy asks.

"Thomas was a pain in my ass. He kept messaging and calling me Friday and Saturday. He has never done that shit before and it was annoying. It was a good thing I had the phone on silent. I got all the messages Saturday night when I got home. Then he calls me, trying to be the loving husband. Wanting to celebrate Valentine's all of a sudden after all these years, and even wanting to work on our marriage." Alana states.

"Do you think he knows something is going on? I mean you are really different lately. Anyone can see it. What did you say about working on the marriage?" Judy asks.

"I am not sure if he knows something or not. I told him I wasn't sure about it, I am not really looking to. He just kept pushing. When he came home, he sprung going bowling on Thursday in front of Tommy. We Can go as a family....all of a sudden...Tommy really liked the idea so now I am stuck into going." Alana comments.

"Isn't that the day you see Luke? I would be careful if I were you. I think he may have an idea of something. He even picked the day that you normally go out. Do you think he is using Tommy to get to you?" Judy says.

"I am not sure if he knows anything, I think all of a sudden when he sees that I am not chasing him, he wants me. I think its more of a game to him. I do feel he is using Tommy, he said it in front of him on purpose. He knows I would do anything to make him happy." Alana answers.

"What are you going to tell Luke?" Judy remarks.

"The truth, that I can't see him on Thursday. We will have to wait until next Thursday. Which I have to say sucks cause I cant wait to see him already, and now I have to wait an extra week. I guess it will just let the anticipation build-up." Alana replies.

"You two are going to have to be ready for things like this, you both have other lives. Ones I think you both want to keep." Judy responds.

"Sometimes I wonder, if it wasn't for Tommy I would be long gone. What me and Luke have is special, it's just not an affair, it's not just sex to me. I just know that things are majorly complicated, and I don't expect him to leave his wife for me." Alana admits.

"Would you want him to?" Judy comments.

"Sometimes I do, it would be nice to see if this could go somewhere. Then I come back to reality, and Thomas's annoying messages." Alana reveals.

"I see you turning more and more away from Thomas, this isn't a good thing. I mean I know he is a jerk and doesn't offer you what you want, but I think maybe you need to try to keep things civil, calm. If your not leaving him, wouldn't you want things nice on both relationships? Your just giving him cause to wonder at the moment, and I don't think you want that if your not leaving him." Judy suggests.

"Sometimes I don't even know what I want. I can't see me being that close to Thomas, not in the way he wants even without Luke, he ruined that along time ago. I try to be civil as you put it, for Tommy's sake. I just can't force myself or pretend that I still love him when I don't." Alana confesses.

"I understand that. I just don't want to see you get hurt. Plus you never know, Thomas might win you back. He seems determined at this point. Maybe he really has seen the errors of his ways. He will never be Luke, but maybe you can have some kind of relationship. I know right now you don't see it, but keep yourself open. You never know." Judy replies.

"Since when are you on Thomas's side in all this?" Alana asks.

"I'm not, I am on your side. I just know getting a divorce, and going through all that is hard, and you don't even know if Luke would go through with this, it took him long enough to just see you in person. We know he cares about his wife, where that is different for you. He has something he really doesn't want to lose, so maybe you should do the same? I want you to have fun and enjoy yourself. I know you never had any of this before, at the same time I don't want you to ruin your life. I know Thomas is Thomas but he does give you stability, you do have all these years in, your son. It's a lot to think about you." Judy announces.

"I know it is. We will just see what happens. Let nature take its course." Alana says.

"Ok, that's a good way of looking at it. I wish I was like you." Judy states.