Chapter 166

Chapter 166

Once at the church, they all go in, seeing a bunch of beautiful flowers. Nicole just looks at her father knowing she didn't order all these.

"Where did they come from? And they are mom's favorite." Nicole asks.

"Nancy told me how much your mother loved Lillies. So we ordered a bunch, to make her surrounded by them. It looks really beautiful don't you think?" Sr. asks.

"Very." Nicole answers in shock.

They all take a seat, as the priest comes out to say a few things. It was going to be a fast funeral, as they didn't want anything big. They just wanted to say goodbye.

Thomas comes in and takes a seat in the back, not even sitting with his family for the liturgy He goes up to his mother's casket when the priest is done and says his goodbyes. Stumbling a bit while he gets there.

Sr. just looks at Alana, knowing that Thomas is drunk.

Sr. waits for the priest to leave, then goes up to Thomas.

"Son really your drunk at your mother's funeral?" Sr. says.

"You have a lot of nerve taking your whore to her funeral. What kind of friend are you anyway? Besides the backstabbing kind? What is it with you women anyway? You like fucking other wives ' husbands?"Thomas snaps.

"She isn't a whore, far from it. Things happen you know that." Sr. says.

"This coming from you? Your a bigger whore than she is. You fucked on mom the whole marriage in one way or another. You were never true to her. You were a bastard to your kids and to your wife. Are you happy now?" Thomas snaps.

"I don't need to take this from you. My marriage isn't any of your business. That was between me and your mother. Now she is gone, and I am going to be who i want to be." Sr. answers.

"Whatever, now you can be with whoever you want to be with. You mean. You really going to be true to this one? Can you be true to anyone?" Thomas says.

"Thomas's stop please." Alana comments.

"Your no better, so don't even fucking go there. I am surrounded by backstabbing whores." Thomas yells.

"Please we are in a church Thomas," Alana replies.

"Since when do you care? Like it matters, We were married in a church that didn't stop you from being an adulteress." Thomas slurs.

"I know you are upset, but this is no way to speak to me or your wife." Sr. responds.

"Hahaha, this coming from you?" Thomas replies walking towards the doors of the church.

Most of Sr.s family hear what just took place just staring at them. What Sr. wanted to avoid all his life just blew up right in front of him, within five minutes. He just holds his head up high and tries to fix, what just happened.

"I am sorry for my son's outburst. He is overly upset at the moment from his mother's death. He is blaming all of us for it, as you can see he was intoxicated and doesn't even know what he said.

"He seems to blame you for a lot of it." Sr's Brother answers.

"He always has, you know how strong-willed he is. Let's just go and bury her, and let her get some rest. He is a grown man, and has to deal with his feelings on his own." Sr. answers.

They get back into the car heading to the cemetery. Alana just sits there knowing that everything is back, at the moment he hates her too.

Sr. looks at Alana and sees how down she is and hurt from Thomas's actions.

"It will be ok. Don't let his outburst hurt you. We knew it would come sooner or later." Sr. says.

"I thought after all these years, it was over. That he forgave me. That we moved past it. " Alana answers.

"He may have forgiven, but never forgot. You can either now forgive or let go. You have a choice." Sr. responds.

"I want things to go back to before Loren's death. We were happy." Alana replies.

"Where you?" Sr. asks.

"Well, it sure was better than this shit!" Alana answers.

Sr. laughs.

"Marriage is fun isn't it?" Sr. says sarcastically.

"A freaking barrel of fun," Alana responds.

"He said all that in front of our children Sr. In front of all your family," Alana adds.

"I know, Just deny it, and he is drunk. We don't have to explain the truth to them, it's none of their business. Thomas is making a scene out of this. He says I didn't respect his mother, at the moment he isn't respecting her or anyone, not even himself." Sr. states. "It's not even about them knowing, it's about how he is doing it." Sr. adds.

"That's just it, he isn't thinking. He just wants to hurt us, like he is hurting." Alana answers.

"Yes, and that is a bad combination. Be careful when he comes home tonight. I am sure you will hear more. Let the kids stay with me, at my house. They don't need to overhear any more of his crap. Let him get it out of his system then you can come to get them." Sr. offers.

"Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. I don't want them hearing any more of this. I made a mistake." Alana says putting her head down.

"Did you? Maybe it was something you were meant to do, something you were meant to see and feel. My son wasn't giving you what you needed in any way, it only took having competition for him to wake up from it. I use to hate you for cheating on my son, for hurting him. I just see that he was part of this just as much as you were. I knew it was a game to him at the start to see if he could win you back, take you from the love of your life. My son just never saw the truth, He didn't win shit, he only had you because, first you were scared to leave him, and second Luke didn't fight for you. Otherwise, you would be long gone. If anyone was really in charge of this game, it was Luke never my son." Sr. admits.

"This isn't a game, it's our life. I stayed, I proved I wouldn't do it again. That should count for something." Alana answers.

"No, you wouldn't do it again, only because that one person holds your heart. There is no point in doing it again, nothing will ever feel that way again. Why do you think Thomas is so hurt? Having multiple affairs is just for the fun of it. They mean nothing. Having one with the person you fall deeply in love with is a whole other story." Sr. confesses.

Alana just looks at Sr. Knowing he as a point. She wouldn't want anyone else, she never did, not even after all these years.