Chapter 59

Chapter 59

It's finally the week of Christmas, Alana, and Luke text here and there when they can. Both mostly busy with Christmas traditions and family. At the same time, doing their best to fit each other in as well.

Whitney has been trying to give Luke more attention, eating together every night, watching tv and staying up late with him, and even here and there offering sex. They have the life he was asking for, at the same time he still thinks how it would be with Alana. He also knows once work comes back, Whitney will go back to what she was, this was just temporary. Just two weeks to let him see and have what he wants, and then take it away again. He knew she was trying, but at the same time, he knew her work came first.

Before they knew it, it was Christmas day, for luke his wife was cooking and having it in their home. She wanted to make everything look good for the holiday inviting his mother and father, and her own mother with her boyfriend. He knew how they all got along and it could lead to anything. He hated events like this, for that reason, then if he was honest, he hated any event that involved a lot of people. It just wasn't for him.

For Alana, she was going to her inlaws for the day. Her father in law every year would make a huge dinner for his family. His brother and his wife and kids would come over. He always wanted to show them he had everything when in reality he had nothing., but for that day he would put on a show. Cooking for days ahead to make everything he wanted. Driving Loren crazy for the whole week, with decorations, cleaning, and cooking. They didn't clean all year, but this week they had to do it all. Loren just kept quiet and let him do what he wanted to make him happy. She told him a long time ago, that she couldn't cook for a large number of people and he would have to do it. He said fine, and they kept it this way all these years.

Alana didn't really like going there herself, but to keep Thomas happy all these years she has done it. Sr. was nice enough to invite her mother and father to the dinner every year. Since Alana was the only child. Thomas knew she wanted to be with them as well, so made it that they both had their parents there.

Alana's parents looked down at Thomas's. Their house was a bit better, so was the way they acted. They found them to be funny trying to make themselves look big when it was farther from the truth. Alana's parent's would call Thomas's parents house the shit shack. It was falling down, dirty, and no one seemed to care, only for this one occasion. Loren wasn't really the type to decorate or want to keep things organized. What you saw was what you got.

Alana, Thomas, and Tommy get ready for the day. Alana making them a small breakfast before getting ready. Knowing it will be late afternoon to evening before they would eat again. Once done, they go to get dressed. Thomas getting the packages for his family ready in the car to take to their house.

"You look very nice today," Thomas says trying to be nice.

"Thank you, so do you. Do you think we can come home a little early tonight Thomas? Once dinner is over things get pretty boring." Alana asks.

"Sure, that's not a problem. You know I look forward to seeing my uncle, and cousins every year. I do also know its not your thing but all these years you have done it for me. Thank you." Thomas replies.

"Your welcome Thomas. I have my parents there so I am ok. It just gets boring after a while." Alana admits.

"I know and understand," Thomas responds.

"They all get into the car and head out to Thomas's parent's house, getting there and seeing that most of Thomas's family is there. They were loud and common, and the place seemed like a full bar at night. All strangers talking all kinds of shit, you didn't know of or want to. Everyone's opinions, flying around the room on the dumbest of topics.

Alana just takes a seat, waiting for her own parents to come, which doesn't take them very long at all. When they do, Alana greets them at the door. So happy to see some normalcy.

"It's great of you to come, "Loren says.

"Thank you for having us, as you do every year." Carmela answers.

"Of course, Have a seat, dinner is almost ready," Loren replies.

Carmela takes a seat next to Alana, saying hello to everyone and being very polite. Knowing that tonight will be the same as every other Christmas. She just does it for her daughter not wanting her to be left all alone with all these people. Alana might have known them for years, but they all still seemed as if they were strangers to her.

When dinner is almost served, Nicole and Robert make their appearance. Coming in later so they didn't have to deal with all the drama from the start. Plus Nicole really didn't want to help her father with all his nonsense. He got himself into this every year, it was his problem.

They all finally sit down at the table to eat, after opening all the presents. Which just made Loren stir crazy having to pick up all the wrapping paper afterward.

Once at the table, they say grace, and start eating. Everyone doing pretty good, with no fights breaking out. Nicole just looks at her mother, knowing what she has in store.

"Nicole, what is it that is on your mind?"Loren asks knowing very well how her daughter was.

"Robert and I have something to tell you." Nicole states.

"Then say it." Sr. replies.

"We are going to have a baby." Nicole answers.

"Congratulations," Alana says.

"Thank you." Nicole answers."Well, mother anything you have to say?" She adds.

"Alana said it all, Congrats." She replies getting up and hugging her daughter.

As Sr. just stares at Robert. The rest of the family offers there congratulations. As Sr. just takes it all in, knowing this isn't the time or place to say anything. It wasn't going to change the fact anyway. He also didn't want his family to know how he felt...again wanting everything to look great on the outside, which it did. His daughter got married and is having a baby, his son was married for years and had a son. No one knew the truth, and Sr. would never say.