Chapter 149

Chapter 149

Alana gets up with Thomas wrapped around her, seeing a big change in him. She still thinks about what they talked about, that he doesn't want to go to his parent's house on Sunday anymore. She just lays there wondering what really has gotten into him. He is so different than the man she married. The cold, not willing to compromise Thomas was different on many levels now. She also saw how he wanted her, and showed how he did in bed. Something he never has done before. He went after her, even telling her he wanted and needed her.

She just lays there confused. She is still pissed about him lying to her and hiding her phone. That he kept this from her and changed what could have been. She just knows at this point there is no turning back, and what happened in the past is just that.

As much as she still loves Luke, she knows it's not going to happen. She had to be the mature one making a choice that was best for her family. Staying with Thomas and making this work, was just that. Keeping everything the same for both children, in a stable environment. Luke was her fantasy man, the one she would love forever but would have to live without.

Thomas was her reality, and she had to make this work, not only for her kids but for herself. She wanted to keep things nice and loving. She saw that Thomas was really changing and she liked it. Would she ever love him as she did Luke? No, but she loves him in a different way. She knows he is stable, for her and their kids and that means more to her than anything else.

As she lays there thinking this, Thomas stirs awake holding her tight, as if he is scared she will vanish from his life if he lets go. Alana isn't a dumb woman she knows this and tries to make him feel better by putting her arms around him as well.

"Are you ok Thomas?" Alana asks.

"Yes, we are off the nontalking crap now aren't we?" Thomas asks.

"Yes." She replies.

"I want to say I am sorry for all the times I have done that to you. I see how it can hurt and also piss you off. It's not nice when someone wants to be with you, and your being distant. You push them away and hurt them. In the past I used to think that was a good thing, to shut you up, get you off my case. I see now that was the worse thing I could have ever done." Thomas admits.

"I hated it. I was trying to be close to you, make you understand how I felt, and you just would push me away. I guess we both see where we went wrong now. It will help us move past it and make this relationship better." Alana answers.

"I am just glad I get a chance to make it better. That your giving that to me. I know you did wrong, but so have I. I take responsibility for it now. I don't ever want to go back to that. I also don't want to lose our closeness. I see where the sex is what you craved, when you pushed away I missed it. I yearned for it, for you." Thomas says holding her close.

"I am sorry for what I have done Thomas. I know I have hurt you also. In a big way, I stepped out of our marriage, and fell in love with someone else. Sometimes I wonder how you can even forgive me for this." Alana confesses.

"It hurts me a lot, in every way. To know how much you love him, how much you want him. I just also see that if I didn't act the way I did, none of that would have taken place. I opened the door to it by my actions, by pushing you away, by not listening to your needs. I can get over it all, and let go now. I just do have to admit I had fear you would leave me and go find him again." Thomas says.

"We both played our parts and we are now honest with each other. We move past it. I don't want you to fear that, I want you content in our marriage. I am not going anywhere." Alana responds.

"I am not either, I want to raise our children and grow old together." Thomas comments.

"Then that is what we shall do. I think it's best we never mention any of this again. No more affair, no more phone, no more Luke. It will be best for this to move forward." Alana suggests.

"That sounds good, I want to let go of it all. Let our family grow and be what it needs to be." Thomas replies.

"Than we shall. "Alana answers.

Thomas is willing for all of this, to make his family last and work. It's what he was trying for this whole time. What he needed, Luke had to be a thing of the past, there weren't any more secrets, it was time to let it all go for real and for good. Luke lost the battle, then he never really fought for it. Thomas was the one fighting and hanging on to ever last piece he could.