Chapter 140

Chapter 140

Alana gets to the hospital a bit nervous, she didn't like lying and keeping secrets. She did want to explain to Thomas but every time she wanted to, he would say don't. She also wondered how he knew some of the things he did know. She was very careful not to leave a trace for him to find, yet he knew she had an affair and also said he looked on her phone. She wondered but didn't want to keep asking how he knew. It wasn't going to make any of this any better, or change any of the facts.

Alana goes to the maternity ward, going to the front desk to sign in, then getting her room, where she changes into her gown. Before she knew it, Thomas was there beside her.

When he walks into the room, he sees her standing there, she just looks at him and walks fast to him putting her arms around him, giving him a big hug. Thomas hugs back seeing a softer side to her, one that seemed to want him there. It makes his anger dissipate.

"Are you ok?" Thomas asks.

"I am a bit nervous, I am really glad your here," Alana admits.

"It's the birth of our child, I didn't miss the last one, I wouldn't miss this one," Thomas says.

"Good," She answers getting into bed and holding his hand. "Thomas, I really want us to work. I want us to raise this child together,better than we even raised Tommy. I want you there for everything. I want to be a real family." Alana comments.

Thomas sees that she isn't playing around, he can tell from the look in her eyes.

"I want to really put the ugly past behind us, and I am so sorry for what I did. Can you ever really forgive me?" Alana asks, with tears flowing down her face.

"I already have, I don't want you to get upset. This isn't a day for that, its a special day, we are having our daughter. I see you are real, and so I am. I just ask one more time, you are here to stay even if he happened to show up? Your not going to break up this family you say you want?" Thomas asks.

"I am here to stay, no matter what. You are the one here with me now, not him. I made a mistake and I am really sorry." Alana replies.

"Then everything is fine," Thomas says hugging her.

"Thomas I do need to tell you something, I can't hide it anymore. It's tearing me apart." Alana responds.

"It's fine, everything I need to know I do. For the last time, it's in the past, everything is. I know more than you think, and I am here. I don't need you to say it." Thomas answers. "It's our child, let's enjoy her," Thomas adds.

Alana just looks at him, not sure if she is understanding this right or not. Did he already know? Did he not want to hear it? It just confused her even more, but at this moment, she would go along with his wishes.

Doctor Lee comes into exam Alana, seeing that everything is going smoothly.

"The baby should be born very soon." Dr. Lee states.

"Is everything ok Dr.? Isn't she going into labor a bit early?"Thomas asks, knowing the truth but still playing along.

"Yes, it seems her pressure is a bit high and it caused her to go into labor, I am taking care of everything. Once the child is out, her pressure should go back to normal." Dr. Lee states.

"Ok," Thomas replies.

He asked so he would have something to tell his family. He knows his father of all people would start asking questions and he needed something to say. He knew it was all bullshit but he went along with it. He saw for the first time, Alana was really sorry for all this, that she changed and wanted this to really work. He felt calm and even happy. He always wondered before if she was just doing this to give the child a stable life? Or not to change hers? He sees now it is more to it, it makes this a lot better.

Thomas calls his father to let him know the child will be born soon.

"Dad, Alana went into labor the baby will be born today," Thomas says.

"What?? Isn't it suppose to be in December? This is awfully early, Is there something you need to tell me, Thomas?" Sr. Asks.

"No, it seems her pressure has gone really high and it caused her to go into labor. The doctor said it will be fine once the child is born." Thomas answers.

"Oh, I bet her pressure is high from all the lying she does." Sr. snaps.

"Dad, please. Things are a lot better. We are over what she did. You need to let it go also. I didn't tell you all of that to hold it against her. I just needed someone to talk to. I am happy with her, please let it go." Thomas asks.

"Ok, if this is what you really want, fine. I have tried for months to get through to you. If you are happy I will drop it. I will tell your mother and we will be up to the hospital in a few." Sr. responds.

"Thank you, dad. The baby should be here in no time." Thomas comments.

"Great, then we get to meet our granddaughter." Sr. says.

Thomas gets off the phone going back into the hospital room with Alana. Holding her hand, he was glad that his father finally was going to stop. It was another load off of him, his father's nagging drove him insane at times. It didn't help anything and was hindering him from fully letting go, now he feels everything is out and should be fine, At least he hoped.