Chapter 128

Chapter 128

Thomas goes home that night with a major headache. These last few months have been waying on him greatly. This last week was the hardest of it all. He felt his own relief in telling his father it was his child. No one would ever know the truth but him and Alana. He knew she wasn't talking and neither was he, so the secret would die with both of them.

He felt Luke would never find out, he was too busy now with his own growing family. Alana wouldn't ever see him again, and all would be forgotten in time. He heard his father's words replay in his mind, "She is in love with him, it will stay in her heart." That might be true, but in time he hopes even that would fade. He sits on the sofa, as Alana goes upstairs and his son goes to his room. An emptiness inside of him, he let this happen? When she was trying to tell him, things were bad, that she wanted him, wanted to get close to him, needed him, he pushed her away. Now because of it, she loved another man, gave herself to another, and even carrying his child.

He just knows he has to let this go, and he tries to, he wants to. Just some days are better than others. He can't help but feel hurt, sad, betrayed, and even the cause of all this.

He has happy times, being a family he always wanted, that he thought he had and would never loose. At the same time, it all creeps back in, filling him with sadness. This wasn't like Thomas, he was a strong man, always getting anything he wanted. He sees that he did this time, but at a very large cost.

He goes into the kitchen and takes the bottle of Jack out again, needing a drink. Lately, he needs a lot of those, to calm his nerves. He takes a seat at the kitchen Island and pours himself a glass. Sitting there sipping away, wanting to forget about the world at least for a short time.

Alana is upstairs getting ready for bed, she sees that Thomas is taking his time to come to bed, which is new. He was always behind her lately, spending as much time together as they could. It was different. A lot different than their old marriage. She wanted this, just now not sure about it. It was with Thomas, he was a good man, a stableman, she just wishes she loved him the way she should. The way she once did, it would take time, if ever.

She waits a bit and then goes downstairs to check to see where he is, finding him sitting at the kitchen island, with half a bottle of Jack.

"Is everything ok?" Alana asks.

"Yea, I just needed a drink or two...or three." Thomas laughs.

"Did your father say anything to you, that you need these?"Alana asks.

"No, it's just been a busy week. An eye-opening week." Thomas replies.

"Is there anything you would like to talk about Thomas?" Alana responds.

"It wouldn't help anything if I did, or change any of the facts. What happened is over now and in the past, I just hope you don't do it again in the future." Thomas reveals.

Alana stands there, having an idea of what he is talking about. He knew about the affair, and it was bothering him, It would bother anyone. Yet, he was here still trying to make this work. Was it because he cared? Because he wanted to win? Because he didn't want anyone laughing at him? Alana thinks all this as she stands there.

"I won't be doing anything like that in the future, I already told you that. If you hold it against me, this isn't going to work." Alana admits.

"I already know that," Thomas says taking another sip and emptying the glass. " I guess I will head to bed now," Thomas adds.

"That's a good idea, tomorrow we both have to be up early for work." Alana answers.

"Yea," Thomas states.

Alana and Thomas head up to bed, Thomas taking a look at his home, his son in his bed, and now going to bed with his wife. He knows he slipped and let her know, he knew. He sees she didn't deny it, just state it wasn't happening again. "Yea because he doesn't want you, not because you don't want him," Thomas says in his mind.

Then he looks at her getting into bed, the girl he loved for so long, he needed to let go of control, let go of his fears, his pain, it wasn't doing anything good for him, just making him crazy. He had his pity party and now he had to pull up his big boy pants and move on. Not only in words but in actions. It was over. Just like she said if he didn't trust her they would get past this, she never did this before Luke, and Thomas knew she wouldn't again. In all honestly, that wasn't his fear, he knew there wasn't anyone else. Yet, still Luke was his fear, with her feelings about him, all this could disappear at any moment if Luke ever grew balls and came from her. That was Thomas's fear.