Chapter 186

Chapter 186

Luke helps to clean up the table, his mind still racing everywhere. Wondering if Alana got the note, and or if she is going to meet him. His mind is everywhere and Whitney can tell.

"What is with you tonight? Your somewhere else." Whitney says.

"I just have a lot on my mind from work. I also am not sure about Tom. Don't you think he is a bit old for Billie?" Luke states.

"This coming from you? You were the one to say it was ok, anything she wanted as long as she was happy. Now he is too old? When I told you, you said I was just being a pain in the ass like always!" Whitney snaps.

"Jesus do you always have to get so fucking dramatic. I just thought about it, I see they get along, and things are nice but he is a bit old. I do support our daughter unlike you that never has the fucking time to even know what the hell is going on around here." Luke barks.

"Well, aren't you in a great mood tonight. You were fine while they were here, Sitting here talking to Tom's sister and even giving her a job. What the hell was with that? You don't need anyone to work for you, why her? I thought It was to make friends with the maybe new inlaws but now I'm not so sure." Whitney hisses.

"She is a good kid trying to move ahead. I know I can teach her a lot. I want to help she reminds me a lot of me. And why is it everything I do breaks your ass? I have to say I am really tired of it, all these years of constant bullshit." Luke replies.

"Your different tonight, you don't act like this, or say things like this," Whitney responds.

"No normally I just let you do your thing. I'm in the background and it's the Whitney show. " Luke answers.

"I'm sorry your panties are in a twist tonight. Anyway, what did you think about Tom and his mother? I met his father he was ok. They seem like a nice family." Whitney replies trying to calm things down.

"Tom seemed like a nice guy. They did get along well and he was very respectful. His mother was as well. I guess we will see where this goes. For now, I am going to my office." Luke states walking away.

Luke was different tonight, he saw his life of what could have been flash before him. He felt the things he felt all those years ago but was too afraid to listen to them back then. All his regrets flood him. His other daughter meeting her, seeing what she was, and knowing deep down this was his child. It killed him.

He knows to save his marriage that never really changed, he lost something that could have been amazing. He goes back to the day Thomas met him at the pier, how conflicted he was. How wrong he was.

He should have fought for her, should have texted her or called her, and never gave up. Just now was it too late? Could he at least say sorry? At least spend time with Lucia. He thinks about her name and how Alana loved him so much, she even named her after him. How beautiful their daughter is and how smart.

He thinks about tomorrow if Alana will come or just ignore him now? He just hopes she shows up, that she at least gives him a chance to speak. A chance to get everything off his chest.

He thinks about how beautiful she still is to this day. How Thomas raises his child and had the woman he loved dearly. That she stayed with Thomas twenty more years. How they wasted all this time.

Luke stays in his office most of the night, not wanting to be around Whitney, each time he would see her, would bring out more of his anger and frustration. So he stayed away.

For Whitney, she knew something wasn't right. Luke wasn't like this. He snapped at her and actually said what was on his mind, which wasn't like him. She saw the anger in him, and that for the first time in their marriage he didn't care. She is just trying to figure out why tonight of all nights, he did this?

She sits in the living room with a glass of wine, looking over the ending, and replaying it in her mind. Trying to piece things together.