Chapter 180

Chapter 180

Alana isn't any calmer from talking with Lucia, finding out that Billie is this young, just worries her more. What does a twenty-year-old want with a Thirty-six-year-old man? Was this really love, or did Thomas have a point?

She knew she wouldn't give in to Thomas and start any trouble for tomorrow. If her son loved Billie and wanted her, then that was enough for her.

Alana goes upstairs and gets some sleep. The next afternoon was here before you knew it. Thomas and Alana are getting ready to go see Billie's parents.

Alana puts on a tight pair of denim jeans, black thigh-high boots, and a soft warm black v neck sweater. Alana may be in her fifties now but she still looked hot. The jeans just hug every curve she has.

"You look great." Thomas says.

"Thank you, I am just being casual," Alana replies.

"Am I going to have to beat Billies dad off with a stick?" Thomas laughs.

"I am sure we will be fine. Thomas, I want you to behave today. I found out that Billie is just twenty years old."Alana states.

"WHAT? Is our son crazy? Why that young? I mean yea, ok I know, it's "fun" dating a younger woman, but really?" Thomas replies.

"I am sure our son knows what he is doing. I want you to be respectful of her and her family. And so it was "fun" Dating me because I was younger?" Alana asks.

"You know what I mean. It makes you feel and look good when your an older guy and you can get a younger chick." Thomas states.

Alana just rolls her eyes. "I guess like father like son. "

"I guess so, I will behave and just see what these people are all about. Will Lucia be coming with us?" Thomas asks.

"No, she has some things to do, she will come on her own. She already knows Billie. It seems she was the one to introduce them. She said Billie is very close to her dad and always talks about him." Alana states.

"That's nice. A daddy's girl. If she is close to her father she should be a good kid." Thomas responds.

"I was thinking the same thing." Alana answers.

Thomas and Alana walk downstairs in the the living room seeing Tom and Billie waiting for them.

"Hi, It's nice to meet you," Thomas says.

"Same here, I heard a lot about you from Tom," Billie says.

"I hope good things." Thomas laughs.

"Yes, they were all good things. Thank you for coming to see my parents today. They can't wait to see you. My dad will be a little late as he is working. He works a lot lately." Billie responds.

"We all know how that goes," Alana replies.

"Yes, it's not a problem. We understand I have been there a lot myself in the past. I am looking forward to meeting him." Thomas says.

"He is looking forward to meeting you as well," Billie says.

They all head into Tom's car getting ready for the forty-five-minute drive.

Thomas asks where she went to school, what her mother did for a living. Anything he could think of to try to get to know more about these people. Everything Billie answers sound normal and nice. Thomas even trys to put the fact that she is so young behind him. He sees how well they get along and how much they like each other. He sees that Alana was right, and it's not fair to get involved.

He sees that Alana doesn't pay that much attention, she just checks her phone, and zones out. He sees how close Tom is to Billie, the holding hands, laughing together, and being close. He sees his son is romantic and doesn't mind showing his affections. Where he held back for a long time.

This is just different for Thomas to witness, he sees why Alana said stand back.

For Alana, she zones out not needing to be reminded of what could be or how she once felt. It bothered her to watch others have what she so desired. It just brought her back to a time that hurt her deeply. She just answers work emails, and texts some clients, putting her mind somewhere else.

Thomas sees it and isn't sure why, as she never really does this when she is with the family. She gives her full attention, there was only one other time she did this, and its when she was with Luke. He just sees she is texting clients and checking emails, he knows there isn't anyone else. So just figures she may find this boring.