Chapter 155

Chapter 155

Alana, and Lucia get into the car with Thomas as Tommy gets into his own car. They all head over to Sr.'s home. Once there they walk in to find everyone already there. Sr. on his recliner as always, Robert on the sofa, his son with him and the ladies in the kitchen.

Loren sees Lucia and grabs and hugs the little curly haired girl. Loren has no idea this isn't her real grandchild and loves her to death. Even though Sr. can be a major ass at times, he always kept his suspicions to just him and Thomas. Never letting on to anyone else, that this little girl could be someone else's.

"Mom, how are you?" Thomas asks giving her a hug.

"I'm ok. I am glad to see you and the kids. Thank you for coming to dinner. I know we don't get to see each other as often as we use to." Loren answers.

"No problem, Is everything ok?" Thomas asks.

"We will get more into that over dinner. I want to spend time with my grandchildren. Nicole is in the kitchen cooking. So Let her." Loren replied.

Thomas just looks at her, and says ok. Even though that is odd to him. His mother always had full control of the dinners even though she wasn't the greatest of cooks. He sees she could careless and spends as much time with the little kids as she can.

Thomas sees his father laying in that damn blue ugly recliner he has sat in for years not giving a shit about anything. Watching the news and ignoring everyone, except his grandson Tommy. He enjoyed seeing him. He made his smile, he was a good boy, and Sr. knew it.

Thomas walks into the kitchen seeing his sister and Alana working on dinner.

"Nicole, what is wrong with mommy?" Thomas blurts out.

"It is for her to tell not me." Nicole answers.

"Since when are you not a tattletale?" Thomas snaps.

"Grown-up Thomas, she wants to tell everyone. So get off my case." Nicole snaps back.

"Are you taking her?" Thomas responds.

"Taking her? Is she a dog? No, I am not taking her, I been saddled with her for years, and you even want me to deal with this. No fucking thank you. I am tired of putting up with mom, and dad for that matter. Their crazy marriage, they hate each other, I don't know what they just didn't get a divorce. No one would care. They are not celebrities, and even they dump each other when they get tired.

"Aren't you a ray of sunshine!" Thomas spats.

"Really?? You have the nerve? You stopped coming to the dinners, You only really visit daddy when it suits you. Once you had your daughter, all of a sudden you wanted the family life and marriage. Leaving me with the shit." Nicole says.

"I have been putting up with daddy for years! Mom helped you raise your son, what the hell do you want? You both needed each other. Do you think it's easy listening to him, seeing him with his girlfriend?" Thomas asks.

"I can't believe the old coot has a girlfriend. That someone would put up with him. These two hate each other yet if you really think about it, they are made for each other. There is a lot you don't know Thomas. A lot you missed out on, not being around much. I do know you put up with daddy, it's hard I know. I am just tired of it all. I have my own marriage and life to deal with. And our parents are more like having two more children at times." Nicole answers.

"I know, and I am sorry. I understand where you are coming from. Let's just try to make it nice for her today. No fighting."Thomas responds.

"I will not say a word, I am sure our father will make a fuss and not cause he cares, just because he doesn't like what she has to say. He has gotten away with a lot all these years so it's time he steps up to the plate. Not only us, she is his wife."Nicole answers.

"I don't think I like how this is going to go. From the way you are talking something is wrong. I also know how he is, this is going to be a long night." Thomas comments.

"None of us is going to like how this goes or ends. He married her, now it's time for him to be her husband. He can put his girlfriend on hold for a bit. It won't kill him. He is so damn selfish! All he thinks about is himself. I guess in a way he will be happy with the news." Nicoles glares.

Thomas just looks into the living room of his mother playing with the kids. He knows this doesn't sound well at all and she hasn't even said anything yet. Life as they knew it would be changed forever. Thomas wasn't really ready for this. No one was.