Chapter 53

Chapter 53

The weekend goes slow as both Alana and Luke can't seem to wait till Monday to see each other. Both not even caring its the weekend as they both keep texting each other throughout the day. Not able to stay away from each other. The sex talk and everything else has increased even more, now knowing that the chemistry is real even in person. The high from last week still written all over both of them.

Thomas doesn't know what to say, he is trying to be around more, he just sees that she isn't willing to try. He notices she is in her own little world, not even paying attention to him at times or anything else for that matter.

It's Sunday, and the normal routine of them going to his parent's house is in gear. Alana going only for appearances. She knows if she stops it will look odd, as when she did the first time, Thomas wasn't too happy about it. So she goes and pretends.

The car ride over is pretty quiet, Alana just looks out the window thinking about how she wished things were different. How she would want to be with Luke, and what it would be like if they met so many years ago, instead of now. She often wondered that, if when they were younger they would have met and gotten married. Would things be so much different then they are now? She also knows things are what they are and there is no sense in looking back.

Once at Thomas's parent's house Alana takes a seat in the kitchen, knowing, seeing her sister in law Nicole is over for dinner as well. She notices that after her wedding she has been closer to her parents and comes here more often. Thomas and Loren have shut their mouths about Robert and their real feelings towards him. They saw no point any longer since she married him, no matter what they said.

"Christmas will be here in two weeks, we have a lot to get done for it," Loren says.

"The aunts and uncles are coming like always?" Nicole asks.

"Yes, you know they wouldn't miss it for nothing. Its the first time all year your father gets off his ass and cooks. He wants to make sure everything is perfect for them. I enjoy seeing him do it also. Your mother and father are coming this year Alana aren't they?" Loren asks.

"Yes, I believe so." Alana answers.

"You seem somewhere else? Is everything ok?" Nicole asks.

"I'm fine, just been a long week at work," Alana replies.

"So you're still doing that? I would have figured my son would have put a stop to that by now." Loren responds.

"Yes, I am still doing that. I love having a career. I also love aminals. Your son has no say in it anymore." Alana comments with a dirty look.

"Well, that isn't how things should be. I know he wants you to stay home and take care of Tommy. To be the wife you are supposed to be." Loren states.

"There is a lot of things I want as well, I guess you can't always get what you want," Alana answers walking out into the back yard, taking a seat on the step.

"Hey, son, what is up with the wife?" Sr. Asks.

"I have no idea, I have been trying but she isn't. It's like she is somewhere else. Now she even wants to work later one night a week. She came home after eight the other night." Thomas reveals.

"Why that late? It has been months now, you haven't seemed to get anywhere with getting things on track with her." Sr. answers.

"No, I haven't. She said she had a lot of calls to make, and paperwork. That she would have to stay late at least once a week but would try for the rest of the week. Even when she is around us, she seems somewhere else. Like something has her attention. She is happy though which I don't understand." Thomas states.

"What do you mean happy?" Sr. comments.

"She walks in from work glowing. She came home the other night, she seemed on cloud nine. What is making her this way? I know its not me. It's like I am not even there at times." Thomas replies.

"Son, has she tried to make love to you?" Sr. Asks.

"No, that is long gone since that time. She eats dinner with us, spends time with Tommy then heads to her room all night." Thomas responds.

"Is there someone she is seeing? That is making her happy? And pushing you further away?" Sr. says.

"I don't know. There isn't anyone where she works. See now your wondering as I have been. You see my point." Thomas admits.

"Yea, unfortunately, I do, Is she always on her phone?" Sr. asks.

"Not that I can see. When I am around she isn't, I am not sure what she does in her room." Thomas replies.

"I would pay attention, see what is going on. Can you ask her to stay downstairs with you guys more? It can be nothing, it can be that she is just happy being at work. I just want you to keep your eyes open. It needs to be squashed if it is happening You will be the laughing stock of the family and we don't need that shit, Thomas. That makes you look like you can't control your wife. If you were giving her what she needed, it wouldn't happen." Sr. announces.

"Yea put all the blame on me. Do you think I want this to happen? I have been trying. It's just not getting me anywhere. I feel lost and hopeless." Thomas answers.

"I don't know what to tell you. If it's just for sex, she will get it out of her system...if it adds up to more, you're in deep shit. Most men just want to play games, he will get tired of her. If he is married you have a great chance of that. He isn't going to leave his life behind for her. If he is single then, they may be a bit different. It all depends on some affairs are just that and others lead to a lot more Thomas. Mine were just affairs, just for fun nothing more, than I am a man." Sr. Admits.

"You think that was right of you to do to mom? That she doesn't know and it didn't hurt her?" Thomas snaps.

"Your mother is a cold fish, I had to get it somewhere. Now that I think about it, you're just like her. Nothing could warm that woman up in that department. She was fine with me getting it elsewhere as long as I left her alone. She knew I wasn't leaving." Sr. Confesses.

"I still don't see where that makes things ok. I don't want that with Alana. I want things to be normal like they use to be." Thomas answers.

"Normal? Where things ever really normal son? You were not the greatest in a few departments. Your lucky she stayed as long as she has. Women need attention, to feel wanted. You don't seem to make her feel either of those. Like your mother did to me." Sr. Replies.

"I was busy working, it's not like I was out fucking." Thomas answers in a huff.

"You don't need to take offense Thomas, just realize where things went wrong. Now try to make them right, and if you can't let this go down as easy as you can." Sr. admits.

"I am not giving up!" Thomas responds.

He sits there watching his wife on the step in the yard, how distant she looks. He wasn't going to make it get worse, he wasn't going to lose everything he has built all these years over sex. He just didn't know how to get her back, how to make her want him again. He did know the things he said and did in the past hurt her, he just wished she would let go of them now.