Chapter 172

Chapter 172

Luke is sitting in his office, he now worked his way up in the company and is very proud of himself. It took him a bit to get himself together but now he has. He sees that his marriage isn't the only thing in his life. He always wanted more out of it, he wanted the connection, the love, the happiness. He just didn't get it the way he really thought or wanted at times.

Luke after all these years sees that Whitney is just career-focused and nothing really was going to change that, not even their daughter. Marriage and children really were not her full desire. He knows that his wanting to have her to himself, and have a love close relationship isn't going to happen. And he is over it now, moving on with his own wants and desires. He focused more on his work, and got a promotion, making more money and taking up more of his time. He spends his free time with his daughter and does whatever she needs. He has grown happy with that.

The closeness and love he felt for Alana stay with him in the back of his mind. He knows they had something special something neither of them would have with anyone else. He hopes she is happy, in her life now, that him letting her go was the right thing.

Luke also sees that in the years that followed the affair Whitney tried to get close but it also seemed like something stopped her. What that was Luke never really put his finger on. It was like she wanted to try but then would stop herself and put herself back into her work even after their child was born. He still doesn't even know why she really wanted to even have a child? He is glad they did as he loves her more than anything. She became the true love of his life.

Then he thinks someone had to be there for this child, as Whitney was always too busy working. She wasn't a bad mother, just not always there. She still put work in front of everything else.

At this point that doesn't even bother him anymore, he has pushed past it and put it in the past. She was, what she was.

Whitney kept the focus on her career all these years building herself up as a head nurse in the pediatric ward. For someone who wasn't into having her own children, she loved helping others. She loves her job and being with his colleagues. She loved Luke but always wanted more for herself always tried to better herself. She felt they were married they were together that was enough for her. She always pushed him and his wants to the side, from the very beginning, even before Luke strayed its what made him stray in the first place. She just wasn't the type of woman who could give her 100% to just a relationship, she wanted more, a lot more for herself. She was the woman who could do it all. Marriage, a child, and a wonderful career. Where if you really look at it, all she really had was a wonderful career. That was the one thing that blossomed in all these years, the rest just seemed to fade.

She would go out after work with her friends, have dinner talk and have fun. Where look would go home, cook dinner for him and their daughter, do homework, and put her to bed. They lived two different lives even though they were together. Just now he didn't care anymore.