Chapter twenty two

Chapter 22

As the week goes on, Luke only shows up here and there. Not giving all his time that he used to, to Alana. She has to admit even though she said no hopes, she is a bit disappointed. She misses him and spending time with him. She just doesn't say anything, not sure what to even say? What really was this? Maybe a little distance was a good thing? Maybe they both were getting ahead of each other.

Then she thinks, he said he wanted to meet, and now does this, it's his way out. He is chickening out, just like she thought he would. They had one week to go, to see what he would really do. She just hoped that even if he did chicken, this wouldn't change their friendship. She didn't want to lose it. Her feelings are now all over the place, wondering all kinds of things. Her mind in more overdrive then it was before. She just keeps it all to herself as she always did with everything else. What was some more?

For Luke, he misses her the same but is trying his best not to give in to his want. He looks at his wife and feels a bit guilty to even want to do this to her. She still doesn't pay mine, and instead of having a romantic dinner out, as they planned, she changed it into a dinner in and some confrontation, instead of sex. It's like the relationship always takes a step back, instead of a step forward in the direction he wants it to go. Yet, he is another one that is used to keeping his thoughts to himself, and just shrugs it off, no matter how much it is bothering him inside.

He wonders what it would be like to be with Alana, she was there for him, making him feel wanted and alive. She desired him, making him feel like a man. All the things his wife, hasn't shown him in ages. He thinks about what Brad, said about having both, to make up for each of his wants. Just could he go through with it? Would the guilt eat away at him? He wasn't sure, he just knew that next Sunday he wasn't going to bring up. He wasn't ready, he knows he shouldn't have brought it up, and wonders what Alana will say about it. If she will even bring it up? He is hoping she doesn't and that she changed her mind as well. Then he thinks, if she didn't, will this push her away to find someone else to give her what she wants? What she needs? That thought in itself bothers him, more than he likes. Then he feels, if it does, it wasn't meant. Which would get him off the hook.

The rest of the week just goes by for the both of them, Luke coming to talk here and there as he can't stay totally away from her, he wants to check in, wants to have someone to talk to. If nothing else at the moment he enjoyed the friendship and so did she.

He just notices that she doesn't bring anything up either. They just keep talking as if that night and their feelings towards each other never happened.

Just so Alana doesn't think that he is trying to get rid of her, he tells her he isn't feeling well, and that's why he isn't around as much. She doesn't say anything, just that she hopes he feels better. Wondering to herself, is it true or just made up, so he can stay away? She always wonders if little by little now, he will step further and further away from her, starting with not coming to chat much, to not at all, to just ghosting. She hopes it doesn't get to that, but the way she sees him pulling away, it wouldn't surprise her at all. She just doesn't want to let go, to stop the friendship, so she tries to keep it going.

That Friday and Saturday comes, that they were to meet, and Luke doesn't bring anything up, acting as if nothing was ever said about it. They spend time together, not even bringing up sex in the last week on any level. Alana for the reason, that if they did meet she didn't want it to be awkward. He wanted a friend and she was willing to start that way. If they kept talking about sex it would be awkward in person. At least she thought. So they have been talking about everything else.

When it's Saturday, she knows it's not happening. She feels a little down about it, hoping it would have gone the other way. And at the same time a bit relieved. Maybe this was for the best? She would just see where this went now. Would they still talk? Or would he disappear? At the same time, she also knew that he never lied to her, he told her he wasn't sure about this. That he might not be able to go through with it. Was she a bad person that she wanted him to? He was married and not wanting to break his vows, maybe she should just leave him alone? Instead of egging it on?

Just no matter how much she wants to stay away from him, she cant seem to.