Chapter 145

Chapter 145

Days go by and Alana is quiet, towards Thomas. He knows this did some damage to their relationship. At the same time, he sees she isn't contacting Luke, and getting back with him, which confuses Thomas. He had thought for sure she would.

She hasn't moved out of the bedroom or done anything rash, she just is quiet and stays on her own side of the bed. Which Thomas has to admit, he misses her coming over to his side and the closeness they shared.

Thomas comes home from work, seeing Alana is busy with the baby, he wonders what she did with the phone? Did she contact Luke, did she get rid of the phone? He wonders a lot in the last few days. He thought all this was over and things were going back to normal, It just seems that Luke always had a funny way of sneaking back into their marriage. Thomas just knows he didn't help by keeping that damn phone, just so much was going on, he just threw it in the back of the closet.

Thomas goes upstairs into their bedroom, going to Alana's side table and looking for the phone that is sitting right there. He knows this is what got him into trouble in the first place, but he needs to know if she contacted him, If this is starting back up all over again. Most of all if he lost, and everything he fought for was over, a waste of time.

He opens the phone and goes to the messages scrolling, finding nothing. She didn't text him, didn't call him. She kept her word. Thomas just doesn't understand why? He knows how she feels about him, how she now thinks that Thomas was the one keeping them away. He just let Luke get away with all the crazy shit he did, making himself look like the one to blame.

Thomas puts the phone back and walks away. He even thinks he could have used the fact that Luke had a child with his wife against Alana, that would put the icing on the cake. He just didn't want to hurt her like that. He didn't want to hurt her at all.

Later that night after dinner, they go up to bed. Alana still quiet, still thinking about everything. If Thomas didn't get in the way, would they be together now? Raising their daughter? Happy? Would everything be so different?

While sitting in bed, Thomas can't stand the silence anymore, even fighting was better than this.

"Are you ok?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, I'm fine." Alana answers.

"Are you going to stay mad at me forever?" Thomas asks.

"No, I just need some space. I still can't believe you took my phone, that you lied to me. Out of it all, it's what bothers me the most. I thought we were moving on? That we were building trust among other things." Alana admits.

"We are, you just need to see if from my point of view. I was scared and I am big enough to admit it. If you went that day instead of me, he would have won you back or at least back into his bed." Thomas reveals.

"That wasn't your decision to make. I do see your point though and I don't mean to hurt you. It's not my intention, just seeing that phone after I looked for it for days and you watched me bothered me." Alana says.

"I know. Why are you not contacting him now?" Thomas asks needing to know.

"What is the point, Thomas? We just had another child, our kids are happy, we were doing well. He wanted to work on his marriage with his wife and after all these months it probably is doing well also. Why mess things up again? I am good with what is at the moment, it just messed me up with how you lied to me, that he did care after all and you watched me suffer. Unless that is what you were after?" Alana replies.

"No, it wasn't what I was after. Do you know how much that hurt me to watch you cry over another man? To see how much you wanted him?? I have to say I am surprised you are staying." Thomas responds.

"I am sure it did, and I am sorry. I think I have proved to you the last months that I am trying to make this work, and fix what I have done as I see so are you." Alana admits.

"Yes, and I am glad you see it as well. I thought we were over all this, that things were in the past. I am sorry I hid the phone from you, and that I went to talk to him. You have the phone now, it is your choice." Thomas says.

"I made my choice months ago. You can believe that or not." Alana answers.

"I believe it, you're showing me by not going," Thomas replies.

"I do appreciate everything you have done since this took place. Trying so hard to make this work. Keeping our family together.

"Thank you, that means a lot to hear from you. I have put up with a lot, and If I didn't love you so much I wouldn't still be here." Thomas reveals.

"I know, thank you," Alana says.

Thomas feels relieved with the conversation they just shared. He sees she is different, she wasn't ready to bolt like he thought she would be. She was settled, maybe having Lucia helped in more ways than one. He just wondered why she didn't want Luke to know it was his child? It just at this point didn't really matter, if she wasn't leaving, and things were staying as they were, let it be.