Chapter 135

Chapter 135

Another month goes by and its now September. Alana and Thomas have been getting along just fine. Thomas trying to keep things going, even though he sees her stomach growing bigger and bigger. Knowing this is real, and not too far off that Luke's child is living in his home, as his own.

He tries to put that in the back of his mind, feeling no one knows the truth but him and Alana. It will stay buried. They have sex at least once a week, trying to make the relationship keep alive doing the dating night, and even getting to know each other again, on many different levels. This hurts Thomas in a way, feeling why couldn't this happen before all this mess before she had to stray.

Then he feels at least something good came out of the mess, there was a rainbow at the end of the tunnel. One he hopes stays like this.

Its again Sunday, the regular ritual, going to his father's house for dinner. His father still asked all kinds of questions, ones he didn't even want to answer anymore. Thomas wanted to forget about it, but between her growing Stomach and his father, it seemed he never would.

"So son, its been a while now, you two seem to be doing ok. I have to admit, I am a bit surprised." Sr. States.

"It's been over for a while now dad, we are having our child soon. I forgot about it, can't you?" Thomas says.

"You haven't forgotten about any of this, don't bullshit me. I wasn't born yesterday Thomas. Your wife looks like she is going to pop at any minute, She is supposed to last till Dec? " Sr. replies.

"Yes, she is. Everytime I come here it's the same shit, I am getting tired of it. I want peace, me and Alana have moved past it. You need to as well."Thomas responds.

"I know you need to talk about it, your just letting it build up inside you, which isn't good. It's going to come out in different ways. You think I didn't notice how you drink more these days? Is that how your forgetting?" Sr. asks.

"I have a lot going on, it's nice to calm my nerves with a drink after work." Thomas comments.

"Yea, you never needed it before. Has your wife noticed? Or is she still dreaming about him, and doesn't even notice?" Sr. Snaps.

"Look, Dad, knock it off. We have gotten closer, she isn't down or upset, we actually like spending time together. I am dealing in my own way, and I wish for you to stop, or I won't be coming here anymore."Thomas barks back.

"Fine, if you think, this is how to deal with things. You becoming a drunk? Whatever, you let her tear you down in so many ways." Sr. claims.

Thomas just gets up and goes outside slamming the front door behind him. His father was his breaking point, he couldn't hear it anymore. He knew damn well what was going on, it was on his mind all the time. He didn't need this. He goes to the corner bar, sits down, and has a drink, needed to unwind. He knows he can't do this all the time, that his father was right, but it calmed him, and its what he needed at the moment.

Alana comes out of the kitchen seeing that Thomas isn't around.

"Where did he go?"Alana asks.

"Who knows, just put dinner on the table and forget about it." Sr.snaps.

Alana goes outside looking for him but not seeing him anywhere. She goes back inside putting dinner on the table for one awkward dinner with her, Tommy, and Sr.

Sr. Doesn't say anything as he knows, his son is already stressed out, and he didn't want to add more, he just wanted to wise him up some. He leaves Alana alone, feeling there is no point, anything he would say would only be used against him.

When dinner is over, Alana cleans up and gets ready to leave, still not knowing where Thomas is.

She takes out her cellphone giving him a call.

"Thomas where are you? You missed dinner,I am going to go home." Alana says.

She gets no answer. She takes Tommy home, not saying much of anything about Thomas or even really knowing what took place. Tommy gets ready for bed and so does Alana, as she does she keeps checking her phone, still not hearing from him.

"Thomas it's late, where are you?"She says.

Still nothing, she lays in bed, trying to drift off to sleep, feeling whatever it is, it was between him and his father.

Around eleven pm Thomas stumbles in, going straight upstairs, drunk out of his mind. He doesn't say a word, just falls into bed, going out cold.

Alana hears him come in and smells the booze, not really liking it but letting it go for the evening. "What did Sr. say to get him this way? What was going on?" She wondered.

She had an idea that Thomas did tell his father everything that had happened. She knew Sr. looked at her weird, even more than before. She wished he would have kept it to himself but it was too late now.

She just lays back down, and turns over, knowing he is safely home and goes to sleep.