Chapter seventeen

Chapter 17

Thomas Stays for dinner, enjoying the time he has with his parents. At the same time, he can't stop thinking about Alana, and everything that has been taking place. He never thought they would be here, where they are now. Things were never really perfect but now they were getting worse.

Thomas goes home that night, seeing that Alana is in the kitchen making food for the week, so it will be easier for her when she comes home from work. He sees this as his chance to try to talk to her, as their son Tommy goes upstairs in his room to play video games.

Thomas walks to the kitchen, where Alana just ignores that he is even in the room. Going on with what she is doing, as Thomas stands behind her.

"Alana we need to talk," Thomas says.

"We don't have anything to talk about." Alana answers.

"That isn't true, I want to say that I am sorry for my reaction. I should have never slapped you or called you names. I just was taken by surprise, and you saying you don't enjoy making love with me, hurt me." Thomas admits.

"I can understand that I am sorry for hurting your feelings, I was just trying to tell you how I felt, how I feel. You just never seem to want to listen or even care to. So I had to be mean to get my point across to you." Alana answers.

" I do hear you Alana, just what your asking, is hard for me. I don't see you like that. I was thinking that maybe we can try, and maybe even try to make a baby. You always wanted a little girl. It would make us go back to where we were." Thomas states.

"That's a nice thought, but I don't think so Thomas," Alana says abruptly without even thinking about it.

"You can take time to think about it. Maybe it would make us closer?" Thomas answers.

"I don't need to think about it. I don't want to have another child. I am finally back to work, finally being me. I don't want to have to raise another child on my own." Alana snaps.

"I was here for Tommy, I am here for Tommy," Thomas answers back.

"When it suits you. Yes, you give us whatever we want, and your more there for Tommy now, but when we were younger and even so when things come around, You're not here for them. You're always at work. Other fathers are there routing on their child, your working, or with your whores, as you call them." Alana snaps.

"I was busy working making the money so you could stay home and have everything you needed. He had you, you were there. I saw the pictures and everything when I came home. And there are no whores. I never cheated on you, but I am not, that sure that you are being faithful to me." Thomas announces.

"Wow, because I want to have sex with you, and try new things I am cheating? If I was cheating why would I even bother to ask you, I would do them with him!" Alana shouts.

"Ok, this isn't how I wanted this to go, I want this to stop. I don't want to fight. Come back to our room, I am sure I can fix this." Thomas says trying to move in closer to her.

"It's ok. I think you are right, it's just a fantasy, not real. I will stay in the guestroom, and we don't, ever have to have sex again." Alana comments.

"I never said that. We can still have sex when the mood strikes." Thomas says.

"That was very rare as it was Thomas, don't worry about it. I think it's a good idea to just drop it. We move on without lives the way they were. I will not bring any of it up again." Alana responds.

"What made you change your mind?" Thomas asks confused.

"I think your right. I was watching way too many love stories, and getting some crazy ideas. I am over it now. " Alana answers.

"Ok, but I still would like you to come back to our room. We never slept apart like this before. Thomas says.

"We have many years Thomas when your away. I think this is best for both of us. When you come home in the middle of the night you won't wake me up. I have to get ready for work tomorrow." Alana replies walking away.

Thomas stands there not sure what to think or say. What the hell just happened? She said no to the baby, no to sleeping with him, no to everything. The only thing she didn't say was she was leaving. What made her change her mind about sex? Was it the slap? Was it someone else? Thomas wasn't sure, but he was a bit taken back from it all. He saw a coldness in her, he never saw before. When he tried to get close she brushed him away. She didn't even give him a chance to touch. This was far from over.

For Alana she heads upstairs into her own room, more pissed than before.

"How dare he want to have another child. Just wanting to use that child so I will settle down and have to be under him again. So he gets what he wants, me to settle down, and be stuck with a baby. I have to change my life again, while he is free to do as he pleases. That might have happened that first time, but not now. And he has the nerve to say he wants to try in sex? He has to be kidding. After the last time, I would never sleep with him ever again. He can't satisfy me, why am I bothering, plus I don't need to be called names." She says to herself in a huff. I will get what I want, just not from you, she adds.