Chapter twenty eight

Chapter 28

That night they all gather in the car, getting ready for the ride down the shore. Alana loved Wildwood New Jersey. She loved the beach, the rides, the boardwalk, and the games. It was a place that she and her family would go every summer. One tradition that she and Thomas kept throughout the years.

She could see why her sister in law Nicole wanted to get married on the beach there. It held a lot of memories for all of them. Alana was excited to be away from home for a bit. Even though it involved her in-laws and even Thomas, it was still a place she loved.

She sits in the front passager seat, just looking out the window, at the night sky. It takes her back to years ago when she was happy being with Thomas, raising their son, and not caring about anything else. It was once a year Thomas, would put work on the side and spend with them, giving them some time. Where he was relaxed and enjoyed his vacation. They have come a long way since then, so far from each other, she even now has thoughts about straying. She sits there and thinks about Luke, how their relationship is growing, she just wonders where it will lead, if anywhere.

While she is thinking this Thomas is driving and just stares at Alana sitting there. It takes him back as well to when they were younger when she thought the sun rose and shined in him. How there was a time when she did anything he asked thinking his way was wonderful. Now all she does is rebels to anything he says. He does remember, saying that with her being so much younger, he could train her his way. That was his train of thought, he just sees that over the years, that never happened, and now they are at a point, he can't do a thing with her.

"You are going to my sister's bachelorette party right?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, I never been to one before, I think this should be fun. I always have fun with your sister though." Alana answers.

"Just be careful, she sometimes does things without thinking. I don't want you to get caught up in her crazy ways." Thomas replies.

"I will be fine Thomas, are you scared they were will be a stripper there?" Alana says.

"Not only that but the drinking. I know she gets wild with it and I don't want you to." Thomas responds.

"I think things will be ok. I know when to stop. I think one night to let go, should be fine. Your going to Robert's party, have fun, Let go." Alana states.

"You don't care that there may be a stripper there?" Thomas asks.

"No, maybe it will let you lighten up some. " Alana laughs.

Thomas just looks at her. "You know I wouldn't touch one of those. That's not my thing." Thomas answers.

"I know, I am just joking. You need to lighten up a little." Alana responds.

"I sometimes think you are wanting to be a little to light in that matter," Thomas admits.

"You don't have to worry about that anymore, remember? That's behind me." Alana says.

"I hope so." Thomas answers.

They get to the hotel, parking in the garage, and going into the hotel, they get their key and go straight to their room. Where Tommy goes into his, that he will be sharing with a few other kids his age.

When Thomas goes into the room, he just looks at the two full-size beds, seeing that Alana, made sure to get two beds. Still not even wanting to sleep in the same bed as him. He had to admit this was bugging him. Ok the sex, but not even sharing a martial bed now?

"Why the two beds Alana? This is our vacation, we always share a bed on vacation. We use to share one all the time." Thomas grunts.

"I think its best this way. I have gotten used to sleeping in my own bed alone. I like it. I have already told you, Thomas, I have no intention of sleeping with you again, in any way. I understand everything you told me that night in the Hotel room. You have no worryments." Alana answers.

"I know I hurt you, and I said a few things I shouldn't have said, but this is going too far. I never meant for you to move out of our room, out of our bed. I just didn't like the things you wanted to try. What you were becoming." Thomas admits.

"I know, you didn't want me to have freedom in the bedroom. I sometimes think you're a bit scared of it." Alana says giving him a dirty look.

"It's late and I am tried Alana, I am not going to fight with you. No matter what I say you only seem to take it the wrong way lately. I do want you to think about returning to my bed." Thomas states.

Alana doesn't answer, knowing if she does, it will start another fight. There was no point. She had no intention of ever sleeping with him again. Now being with Luke, seeing his ways she really didn't want to sleep with Thomas again. It might only be words, but he was better at those than Thomas was with anything sexual. She wasn't going to settle, and she sure the hell wasn't going to beg.

She takes her shower, heading to bed, texting Luke a picture of the hotel room, and the separate beds. Just so he knew, what was going on. She knew he had doubts and wondered. She wanted to clear that up. She wanted him to know, that the only person she really did want to sleep or be with was him. Whatever this connection was, she wanted to find out where it would lead. And nothing Thomas would say or do would change that, at this point.

Luke hears the cling, on his phone, and goes to look. He sees that she left him a picture of the room. He just lays there and thinks two beds? That had to piss Thomas off.

"I bet he didn't see that coming," Luke says.

Leaving the message for her to get. He just hopes that Thomas stays in his own bed, and doesn't go over to hers. But he does see she really doesn't want Thomas. Was this a good or bad thing? He didn't know. He did know his feelings where growing, and he couldn't seem to stop them.