Chapter 190

Chapter 190

Thomas sits on the sofa knowing that Alana will be home soon. He just thinks, "How do I react to this? Do I stay calm? Do I just let what I am feeling out?"

He knows it's not fair to yell or scream at her, it's not like she went looking for this. She wasn't having an affair now and hasn't in twenty years. He knows he needs to stay calm and listen to what she has to say. He just knows that feelings can still be there and that hurts him greatly.

Alana leaves Sr.'s home still feeling a little ruffled from all the events of the night. She walks home and just thinks, what would tomorrow bring? What would Luke say? How would she feel to talk to him again, with it just being him and her? Then she tries to focus on Thomas, she knew she had to stay calm. Showing all the emotions she did to Sr. would not be a good idea. It would only hurt Thomas, and make this more awkward.

She walks up the steps to her home, knowing this could go many ways. She just hopes for the best as she turns the knob to go in.

She sees Thomas sitting on the sofa watching tv, which normally at this time of night he is in bed. She knows he couldn't sleep, and waited up for her.

"Your finally home, did you and my father have a nice talk?" Thomas says.

"Yes, he got quite a fright with your sister today, he wanted someone to talk to." Alana states.

"I am sure you had a few things to tell him as well." Thomas answers.

"Yes, I told him about tonight. It was a shock, I would have never thought he would be her father." Alana admits.

"I knew I saw that address from the moment we pulled up. I just couldn't figure out where I saw it till I was on the way home, to see dad." Thomas reveals.

"You knew? Why didn't you warn me? You let me walk right into that. What were you expecting?" Alana shouts.

"Why so defensive? I didn't mean anything by it. It was better you saw for yourself. If I would have texted you, when he walked in you would have already been freaking out. What did you do when you saw him?" Thomas asks.

Alana thinks about everything Sr. said tonight and now sees it for herself. What is Thomas's game plan? Why is he acting like this?

"I was shocked, of course, we both acted as if we never saw each other before. We kept the night drama-free." Alana replies taking a seat on the sofa next to Thomas.

"I don't mean to sound cold, it's just a lot to take in. I know for you as well. I didn't think we would ever bump into him, and surely not this way. How are you feeling?" Thomas says trying to breathe and act normal.

"I am rattled, to be honest. His daughter is dating our son. It makes a lot of things complicated. Especially with Lucia, and I know she got a job working for him. I don't see him saying anything, I am sure he just wants to get to know her. It just turns things upside down. This isn't the way I wanted things to go." Alana comments.

"I understand, I feel the same. I can't believe our son also fell for this. I am not sure what these people have that all my family members are in love with. Is he still your knight in shining armor? Is he coming to sweep you and Lucia away?" Thomas huffs.

"I know you are upset, and this bothers you. I also know in the past I did you wrong. I just don't think now is the time for your slide remarks. It was a one-night thing, because of our son. It's over. I am sure we will never see each other again. If they continue to date we just be in their presence when we have to be. We are going to have to treat this as we would if it was anyone else." Alana snarls back. Not really answering his questions as she has no clue what this would bring if anything.

"I'm sorry. It's been a really long day babe, between my sister and this. My mind is everywhere. I just love Lucia so much and I don't want her to hate me for this. He comes back and takes all the people I love. I have to admit it sucks." Thomas admits.

"I know, and I am so sorry to put you in this position. I never wanted any of this to happen."Alana says.

"I think we just need to get some rest. As you said I am sure we will not see much of him. It's just Lucia will be, just I guess as long as he keeps his mouth closed we are good. It's not only me he would be hurting by saying something. His wife, daughter, our son, there are so many people involved in this mess." Thomas replies.

"You are very right, but at some point, the truth should be revealed. I know you're her father, but she should know who created her. Just her finding that out makes everyone else hurt." Alana comments.

"Are you willing to do that? I am not so sure he is. But you would be willing to hurt your son? I am sure letting his wife know would be a smack in the face for her having him all these years, and also having his child." Thomas growls.

"What kind of person do you think I am? NO, I don't want to hurt her. I sat there tonight looking at her and feeling like shit. Just at the same time we lied for so long, shit just needs to be honest. I'm tired of living a lie." Alana says.

"Then I guess we see how this goes. "Thomas answers feeling hurt and even more betrayed.

"I am not wanting to go against you. I will forever be thankful for you taking her as your own and for everything you have done. There are just times I feel really bad for lying to her. For her being in the middle of my madness. It's why I said maybe she should know." Alana responds.

Thomas now seeing her point of view, and feeling a little better.

"I get that, just I think for right now we need to sleep on things and not do anything rash. I think emotions are running too high on both ends to make any real decisions." Thomas states.

"I think you are totally right. I am so tired, lets just go to sleep." Alana answers.

They both head upstairs to bed, their minds filled with so many questions. Thomas wondering if this is the end of his life as he knows it, and Alana wondering what Luke is going to say and what her real feelings will be? Also at the same time not wanting to hurt Thomas. This time was very different, Thomas was there for her, things were even more complicated.