Chapter Eight - Genevieve

"You guys don't seriously think that the actual ingredients are going to be on the set, right?" Elizabeth frowned as she sat at 'Bobby's' desk, throwing her feet up on it as she swigged some more of the whiskey.
"Check this out." Dean motioned to his brother, holding up a knife. As Sam walked over, he bent the blade back and forth. He then dropped it, picking up another knife and pretending to stab Sam with the retractable blade. "It's fake. It's all fake." He proceeded to stab himself with it on various parts of his body.
"It's like you two have never seen a film set before and I'm kinda loving it." Elizabeth sniggered.
"What are we supposed to do with this crap?" Dean huffed, waving around a rubber machete.

"I really don't know what you boys expected out of this place. We're on a film set. You can't really get much more 'fake' outside of the Kardashian mansion." Elizabeth commented as they walked through the collection of Impalas in various conditions. "No Camaro, I see. Big shock."
"Are you sober yet?" Dean asked.
Elizabeth rolled her head around on her neck to test it.
"Almost. Bummer, right?" She grumbled.
"We gotta get you some more booze. Wasted Elizabeth might just be my favourite." The older brother smirked, earning himself a light shove and playful giggle from the Vampire.
"Guys, come on. Focus. We gotta get back to the real world." Sam huffed.
"Now you're talking." Dean agreed as they climbed into the least destroyed Impala on set - least destroyed on the outside at least.
As they pulled out of the studio, the Impala wheezed and croaked at the simplest of moves.
"This wouldn't be happening if I had my baby." Elizabeth mumbled from the back seat.
"This wouldn't be happening if I had my real Baby and not some imposter movie set version." Dean protested defensively. "What the Hell is wrong with this thing?"
A man wearing high vis and holding a stop sign ran alongside the car, tapping on the window.
"Mister Ackles! Please stop, please!" He shouted.
"Freakin' props!" The older brother groaned, slamming his hands down on the wheel as he came to a stop, switching off the engine. "Just like everything else."
"Thank you, thank you so much." The man panted.
"How the Hell are we supposed to get out of here?" Dean asked him as the trio got out.
"Your car, sir." The man replied, motioning over the lot to a black Cadillac SUV.
"Jensen had the right idea." Elizabeth smirked, looking over to it. "If you're gunna be a fake FBI agent, drive like one."
"Shut up." Dean mumbled, stalking over to it.

Turns out, they had their own driver, which Elizabeth took great pleasure in mocking.
"You know where abouts you want me to drop you off?" The driver asked, looking to Dean through the rear-view mirror. "Jensen?"
Elizabeth turned in the passenger seat, giving him a smirk.
"Yeah, Jensen." She taunted. "Where we off to?"
"Me? Oh, yeah... I'll just tag along with... Uh..."
"Jared." Sam whispered.
"Jared. Yeah, Jared here."
"Since when are you guys talking?" The driver asked.
"Yeah, uh, you know what, Clint," Sam started, having Dean correct him with 'Clif'. "Yeah, yeah of course. Clif. Obviously. So, I think we're gunna go back to... My place and do some..."
"Work on our acting." Dean finished.
Elizabeth shrunk down in her seat, putting her feet up on the dash.
"Yeah. Working on your acting sounds like a good and necessary idea." She mumbled.
"We haven't been introduced." Clif smiled, holding out a hand.
"Hi, I'm Elizabeth." The Vampire flashed a toothy smile back as she shook the hand.
"How do you know the boys?" He asked, motioning to the back seat.
"Oh..." Elizabeth thought for a moment. "I'm a, uh... Family friend.. Ish. I know their da- their on-screen­ dad."
"Oh, you know Jeffrey? I used to drive him too, back in the day." Clif nodded.
"Yep! Yeah, good old Uncle Jeff. That's the one." Elizabeth shrunk down in her seat some more.

Jared Padalecki's house was... Extravagant to say the least.
It was a huge mansion with an entire wood interior.
"I had a house just like this in the eighteen hundreds." Elizabeth commented, strutting into the place like she owned it.
"Yeah, alright, Rockefeller." Dean mumbled, looking around the house in awe. "Nice, modest digs, Jay-Z." He tapped his brother's arm with his elbow.
"Wow..." Was all Sam could muster. "I must be the star of this thing."
Dean scoffed. "Yeah, right. Check it out."
Sam and Elizabeth looked over to where Dean's gaze had found a sun bed.
"What am I? Dracula?" Sam frowned.
"Wow, none taken." Elizabeth cocked an eyebrow as she continued to look around the place.
She noticed a few pop art pieces dotted around.
"You may not be Dracula, but you might be Andy Warhol." She commented, motioning to the paintings.
One was of 'Jared', another of a woman she didn't recognise.
"Oh. Now we're talkin'." Dean grinned as he found a liquor cabinet. "'Liza, come here. We gotta get you topped up."
Elizabeth giggled, skipping over to the cabinet as Dean got there, pouring some over-priced Scotch.
Noises from outside distracted him, however, leading him over to the window to pull back the curtain.
"Dude, you have a camel in your backyard." He squinted.
"It's an alpaca, dumbass." A female voice interrupted.
The trio looked up to where the voice had come from, seeing the woman Elizabeth had spotted in the pop art painting, wearing a black mini dress, her dark hair curled to perfection.
"Wow..." Elizabeth breathed, entirely entranced by the woman's beauty.
"Ruby?" Dean's eyes were wide.
"You know her?" Elizabeth asked, not even bothering to move her gaze from the figure on the balcony, watching as she made her way towards the stairs.
"Yeah. She's the Demon Sammy had a blood thing with." The older brother casually dropped in there.
Elizabeth reluctantly looked away from the woman to cock her eyebrow in the boys' direction.
"Sam had a blood thing? Why didn't I know about this?" She asked.
"It was before you came into our lives." Sam waved a dismissive hand.
"Ruby, right. That one never gets old." The woman sighed as she walked over. "How was work today, hun?"
She walked over and placed a kiss on Sam's lips.
"It was, uh... Good." Sam replied, in a state of shock.
"Who's this?" 'Ruby' looked to Elizabeth, who was still trying not to drool, but she quickly snapped out of it once addressed.
"I'm Elizabeth. I'm a friend of Joh-Jeffrey's. I was in the area so decided to come see Jensen and Jared at work. It was a really great shoot today." She smiled, her words coming out a million miles a second as she shook 'Ruby's' soft, beautifully manicured hand. "You're really beautiful. The pictures don't do you justice." She chuckled in mild disbelief.
The boys exchanged a look.
"Thank you so much! Any friend of Jeffrey's is a friend of ours. I'm Genevieve, but I suppose you already knew that. Please, call me Gen." 'Ruby' smiled, pulling the Vampire in for a hug.
"Wait... You and Ruby?" Dean frowned to his brother.
"Do you honestly think that's funny, Jensen?" Genevieve scoffed, sitting down on the arm of the large brown leather couch, situated in the middle of the room.
"Right!" Dean smiled, stepping over himself. "Right, 'cause you're not Ruby. I mean, how could you be? You... Of course! You are the lovely actress who plays Ruby. And you are in... Jared's house, uh, because you two are..." He stopped himself as he spotted a picture on the mantel piece to his right. "Married! You married fake Ruby?" He hissed at Sam.
"What are you doing?" Gen frowned.
"Work." Sam said a little too quickly.
"Yeah, they're doing a bit. I suggested they stay in character to help... Get over their issues with each other." Elizabeth saved, recalling the many people who had said they were surprised to see the boys talking.
"Yeah! Yeah, and I just thought I'd pop in, say 'hey'." Dean smiled awkwardly. "Hey. Uh, and... Maybe run some lines whilst we were doing the... Issues thing."
"You've never even been to our house." Gen replied, her face decorated with a sceptical look.
"Well," Dean chuckled. "Now that I know there's an alpaca in the back, I'm definitely coming back."
"Well, alpacas are the greenest animal." Gen nodded.
"Right... Right!" Dean exclaimed, looking to his brother for some sort of support. "That is so important."
"Well," Gen said after a moment, standing back up. "There's that thing I have to get to."
"Oh, yeah. Of course, yeah. The thing." Sam nodded vigorously.
"The International Otter Adoption Charity Dinner..." Gen frowned as though he were supposed to know that.
"That explains why you're dressed so stunningly. There I thought for a moment that that was just what you wore around the house." Elizabeth chuckled, looking her over.
"Oh no, of course not." Gen laughed. "Sweatpants all the way as soon as I'm free."
"Sweatpants sound awesome right about now." Elizabeth groaned, still wearing the smile she'd worn since she first saw the woman.
"Okay, well..." Gen breathed, moving over to give Sam another, more passionate kiss. "Well, I'm glad you two are talking, anyway. Elizabeth must be some kind of miracle worker."
"That's me." Elizabeth laughed, scratching behind her ear. "Freakin' miracle worker. Sober... Freakin'... Miracle worker."
They watched as Genevieve made her exit, Sam and Elizabeth not even hiding the fact that they were checking her out on the way.
"Well, looks like you did alright." Dean cocked a brow in his brother's direction.
"Yeah." Sam released a breathy chuckle, still looking where Gen had disappeared to.