Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Four - Home

Day two came and went. Day three?
Day three was Hell.
Eden sat at the piano at Lux, performing for Lucifer's patrons. Every song she played seemed to be some sort of love ballad. Missing Sam had taken its toll and set in fully. The fact that Lucifer had rented the penthouse suite of the Roosevelt Hotel for her hadn't helped.
Maze walked over with a fresh glass of Scotch as Eden's second to last song of the night came to an end, the audience clapping generously.
"You good?" Maze asked.
Eden nodded, downing the Scotch in one.
"Make the next one bloody for me?"
Maze gave a small smile and a nod, walking away.
The last song she played was Good Riddance by Green Day.
As she sang, her eyes misted up. By the end, she was silently crying. She hadn't even noticed until a tear dripped down onto her wrist.
The crowd clapped, Maze came over once more with a Bloody Mary - a little on the literal side.
Eden stood up, took a bow, picked up her drink from the tray Maze carried and walked off with her towards the bar.
"See, this is why I'm glad I don't feel all that much." Maze shrugged, cleaning a glass.
"Sucks to suck, Mazikeen." Eden cocked a brow at her, sipping her drink.
"You'll get back to him. Lucifer'll make sure of it." Maze smirked. "In the meantime, stop torturing yourself. That's my job."
"You wish." Eden chuckled, shaking her head.
"A girl can dream, right?" The Demon smiled, lightly tapping the Dark Angel on the chin with her fist.
"That, she can." Eden sighed.
"Eden!" Lucifer called from the opposite side of the club, making his way over. "I have news!"
Eden glanced to Maze, who shrugged.
"What news?"
"More of a confession and bad news." He said. "That feeling I got when you arrived? It didn't exactly fully go away. I thought it was because you were here, but, about fifteen minutes ago... That feeling went away completely. If there was a portal open somewhere, it's gone."
Eden sank in her seat.
"Great..." She sighed.
"I'm sorry, darling." Lucifer placed a hand on her back.
At that moment, it was like something completely changed in him. Lucifer straightened up, frowning as his body turned to his right.
"Luci? What's wrong?" Eden frowned.
"It's back again..." He hummed. "I can feel it."
"The portal." Eden's eyes widened. "Where?"
"I'm not sure." The Devil replied. He pulled his car keys from his pocket. "I'll drive?"
The Dark Angel nodded, following him as he jogged towards the exit.

As they drove through the United States, the feeling Lucifer felt grew weaker and weaker, despite him knowing, somehow, that the portal remained open.
He kept glancing to an incredibly antsy Eden, who chewed at her nails as her elbow rested on the open window of the black convertible 1962 Chevrolet Corvette C1.
"So, will I ever be seeing you again?" He asked.
Eden looked to him, a frown drawing to her face as her thoughts were interrupted.
"I'm not sure."
"You said that last time." Lucifer chuckled.
"Well, last time I didn't have a Nephilim who could create rips in space and time out of thin air. So I suppose, that 'I'm not sure' should be a 'perhaps.'" Eden replied, a small smirk appearing on her face.
"Perhaps my other-worldly self's offspring could open up one of those rips between now and you becoming Mrs Winchester." The Devil shrugged, keeping his eyes on the pitch black road ahead of him.
"Perhaps, yes." Eden nodded. "You know, last time I was here, I told Sam and Dean about you. They were quite confused that you weren't like the Lucifer in our universe."
"Yes, well, the Lucifer in your universe sounds like someone I'd have a few choice words for." Lucifer huffed, his knuckles tightening against the steering wheel.
"That was... Something like what I told them." Eden giggled. "They were quite surprised to know that you weren't a PTSD-inducing, homicidal maniac."
"Should you visit again, I'd be happy to meet them." Lucifer nodded. "The way you make them sound is quite... Pleasant."
"'Pleasant?'" Eden cocked a brow. "That's the best you could come up with?"
Lucifer shrugged.
"For now." He said. "I haven't met them yet."
Eden rested her chin on her fist, turning away towards her open window in thought.
"Mrs Winchester has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" She sighed contently.
"It does, yes." Lucifer nodded. "Mrs Morningstar has a nicer one, though."
Eden looked back at him, smirking once again.
"Oh, don't you start. It's bad enough that my universe's Lucifer was in love with me."
"What can I say? You're tolerable, for an Angel of any sort." The Devil laughed.
"You'd hate my universe's Angels. All arseholes. Except Castiel, of course."
Lucifer glanced to her, seeing her back in her thinking pose.
"That doesn't sound too much different from the ones here." He commented. "It's a shame we don't have our own version of Castiel, though."
"Yeah... I find that a little odd... I'm sure he would, too." Eden frowned. "No me, no him - besides the one on TV, at least. Having said that, I'm not sure we have your brother; Amenadiel."
"I'll trade you." Lucifer laughed, causing the Dark Angel to do the same.