Chapter Twenty-One - About Time

Questioning Terry Cervantes lead the trio to an address. The address was a yellow Victorian house on the corner of a pleasant suburban street.
The three sat in Elizabeth's Camaro, watching intently for anything suspicious.
"I swear if you two stink up my car with those burgers, I'm gunna kill you." Elizabeth glared playfully at Sam in the passenger seat, watching as he unwrapped his food.
"Sorry." He mumbled, giving her a half-apologetic smile.
"So what exactly is this thing? Some sort of Vampire who got too sucky?" Dean asked, taking a sip from his drink in the back seat.
"No. There's no bite marks on the bodies and I don't think I've ever heard of a Vampire draining a person so thoroughly that they mummified." Elizabeth replied.
"Coroner said that there was blood in both bodies - three hundred year old blood, but blood." Sam continued with a mouthful of food.
Just as he finished his sentence, the mysterious man with the fedora stepped out onto the porch of the house, walking down the steps and path.
"Guys. Fedora dude." Dean announced. "Alright, let's do this. Let's move fast."
"Woah, woah, woah. What's the plan here, exactly?" Sam asked.
"Don't die." Dean shrugged, cocking his gun.
"I love Dean plans." Elizabeth rolled her eyes, getting out of the car.

The trio followed the mystery man a few blocks, until he eventually turned into an alley.
"He's heading downtown." Dean announced, stopping in his tracks. "Alright, you two take the street, I'll take the alley. I'll meet you in the middle."
Sam and Elizabeth nodded, breaking into a jog down the street.

By the time the Vampire and younger Winchester did the block around the alley, they turned passed a building, seeing a glowing red light.
Dean had rushed the fedora man. As soon as the two men made contact, they both disappeared in a blinding red light.
"Where the Hell did they go?" Sam asked, rushing to the spot they disappeared from.
"I have no idea." Elizabeth frowned, crouching down beside the fedora man's last victim.

Sam and Elizabeth decided that their best bet was to go back to the house they were staying in to go back through the evidence.
Elizabeth sat at the table looking through the coroner's report as Sam taped relevant pictures and news articles to the wall.
"Maybe this is something brand new. It's got to be. Nothing I've ever come across has had the ability to just portal jump out of nowhere into nowhere. And even the ones who come to mind that were even close to this were never able to bring a passenger, willingly or not." Elizabeth sighed, propping her feet up on the table.
Sam was only half listening. He was too busy looking over the wall of information he'd created.
But his thought process was soon broken by the sound of his phone ringing.
He answered and put it on speaker without even bothering to check the caller ID.
"Dean?" He said.
"No. Why? Where's Dean?" Jody asked.
"The thing that's been mummifying people took him in a friggin' ball of light and disappeared." Sam replied.
"You guys get that a lot?" Jody frowned, earning a snigger from the Vampire sat lazily at the table.
"Yeah." Sam scoffed. "More than most people."
"Well, I got you into this, so..."
"No, no, no, no you didn't. All you did was just-"
"Shut up, Sam." Jody interrupted. "How can I help?"
"Ooh, I like her." Elizabeth grinned, getting up to practically skip over to the Winchester.
"Well, um... How do you feel about driving and lifting boxes?" Sam asked.
"You got it. I'm on my way." Jody replied, hanging up the phone.
"Oh, Hell yes. I get to catch up with my Officer Mills." Elizabeth chuckled, wiggling her eyebrows in excitement.
"Sheriff Mills." Sam corrected.

A few hours later, the Sheriff arrived.
"Hey! Let me help you with those." Sam answered the door, letting Jody walk in with a torso's worth of crap in a box.
"No, I got these. You go get the other twenty in my truck." She replied, walking straight into the living area. As soon as she made eye contact with Elizabeth, she almost dropped the box in shock.
"Hey, Jody. Fancy seeing you without bars between us." The Vampire smirked, propping her rear up on the edge of the table with her arms folded.
"Elizabeth Smythe, as I live and breathe." Jody chuckled in disbelief, placing the box down on the floor.
The two women closed the gap between each other, going in for a tight hug.
Bobby told me you were back in the picture, but I never imagined you on cases with the boys." The Sheriff smiled.
"Well, now that we no longer have Bobby, someone needed to babysit." Elizabeth replied.
"Yeah, I'm sorry about Bobby." Jody sighed, parting from the hug.
"Me too." Elizabeth nodded. "Anyway... Boxes. Were you serious about there being twenty?"
"Yeah..." Jody grimaced. "I think Bobby may have had a slight hoarding issue, I could barely get the door open on that storage locker. Oh, and I'm pretty sure something's alive in at least three of those boxes." She gave a sickly-sweet smile, leaving Sam to return her gaze with a slightly bewildered expression for a few seconds before he made his way out.
"So... Sheriff now, huh?" Elizabeth cocked a playful brow.
"Yeah, yeah. Though, not nearly as exciting as a Vampire. It would explain why you were always totally sober everytime I had to arrest you and Bobby." Jody chuckled.
"Ah, the good old days. Everything seemed so much simpler." Elizabeth sighed reminiscently.
"You can say that again." Jody replied.