Chapter Fifteen - What Happens in Vegas

There had been a development...
Castiel's vessel couldn't handle being occupied by an Angel and the God knows how many millions of creatures that he'd absorbed from Purgatory.
Those creatures were called Leviathan - ruthless creatures God had created as soldiers before he banished them to Purgatory and created the Angels instead.
As far as anyone knew, they couldn't be killed... And we weren't talking 'Angels can't be killed'. They literally could not be killed.
Castiel was nowhere to be found, not that the Winchesters, Bobby or Elizabeth wanted to find him. He was, after all, a traitor to them.

In the meantime, hunting resumed as usual.
Or at least it did until Sam and Dean's trip to Las Vegas.
Dean had been enjoying himself in his usual way before he got a call from Sam.
When he got to his younger brother and found out what he had been doing, he couldn't quite believe it.
"Hey Dean, how's Sin City treating you?" Elizabeth answered her phone on the second ring.
"Vegas is... Uh... Yeah. Elizabeth, I have something to tell you, but first, I want you to promise my head can remain on my shoulders after this." Dean chuckled nervously.
Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, standing on the opposite side of Bobby's desk, where said Hunter was sat researching Leviathan.
"How drunk is Sam?" She sighed, unable to hide her smirk.
"Completely sober from what I can tell." Dean replied breathily.
"So... What's happened?" Elizabeth frowned.
"Um... Sam's... Sam's getting married..."
The Vampire went into some sort of catatonic state of shock, so much so that Bobby noticed, walked over and took the phone from her.
"Dean? It's me. What the Hell did you just say to her?" He said, waiting for the reply. "Excuse me? Who's that idgit marrying?"
"Remember that super fan of Chuck's? Becky?" Dean replied. "Well... Her."
"Balls... He knows he's got a pretty powerful sort-of-girlfriend here, right? That damn moron. The Hell is he thinking?"
"I know, I told him that, but he... Doesn't seem to care. Something's not right." Dean sighed. "Why'd you have to take over the call? Where's Elizabeth?"
"She's... I dunno. It's like she's in a trance. Just... Call me back with updates. Find out what happened to Sam." Bobby huffed, waving his hand in Elizabeth's eye line.

It was a good two minutes before Elizabeth even blinked, let alone said anything.
"Bobby..?" She eventually said.
"Thank God... You okay?" Bobby frowned.
"Have I been an idiot this whole time? Has Sam really felt nothing for me after I've given him everything?" She asked, her eyes beginning to water.
Bobby sighed. "No. I refuse to believe that. The way he's been with you is unlike anything I've seen or heard him like before. This has to be something supernatural. And I have a feeling Becky is at the bottom of this."
"Who's Becky?" Elizabeth scoffed.
"The girl he just got hitched to. The boys met her after this case they were on. This guy Chuck, he's been writing the boys' lives in the form of fiction – knew things he couldn't have known. Turns out, he's a Prophet writing a Gospel series. He's got his own fanbase led by Becky. She's always had a creepy thing for Sam, but he's never once returned the feelings." Bobby explained. "I'd better call Dean to tell him you're conscious again."
"You can do one better than that." Elizabeth scoffed, getting up and grabbing her car keys. "Tell him I'm on my way. I want a word with Becky."

Dean had called her back, telling the Vampire to meet him in Delaware; where Sam and Becky were to 'nest', as he put it.
Elizabeth met the older brother in a bar, seeing him sat at a table with his father's journal in hand.
"Hey." Elizabeth mumbled, flopping down on the chair opposite him.
"You okay, 'Liza?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Peachy." She said, nodding to the book. "What's John got to say?"
"A whole lot o' nothin'. I really got no clue where to even start here. What are you thinking? Witch spell? Magic fairy potion? A wish on a freakin' star?" Dean sighed, closing the journal.
"I haven't been thinking much else other than ways to drain that stupid little fangirl for every drop she's got." Elizabeth glared into a corner of the bar as she leaned back in the chair and folded her arms across her chest.
"Calm down there, Carrie. We don't need you going all psycho girlfriend on her. We just need to find out what she's done and put a stop to it." Dean chuckled.