Chapter Fifty-Nine - The Father of Murder

On their walk, Elizabeth got a text.
Impala 2: Where are you?
Elizabeth: Ohio.
Impala 2: Cain's next target is Tommy's son. You need to stop him or hold him off before we get there. We're not far.
The Vampire's brows knitted together.
"You're going to kill a child?" She asked her brother.
Cain sighed.
"Castiel got to the Winchesters, didn't he? I told you, Eden. I need to do this."
"He's just a child, Cain. He's done no wrong."
"But he might. I can't take that chance." Cain replied.
"I think... Dean's coming to kill you."
"Good, he's taking my advice."
"You told him to kill you?" Elizabeth's brows raised.
"I told him after he killed Abaddon with the First Blade that he needed to find me and put an end to me too. I don't see why that would change just because you're here now. It doesn't change anything. I need to be stopped and Dean is the only one with the power to do that." The man explained.
"But... I just got you back..." Elizabeth practically whispered.
Cain stopped walking and stopped her too, placing a hand on her shoulder.
"As much as I want to be, I am not the same as when we were in the Garden. The urge to kill for the Mark is overwhelming. I need to be put down." He said. "There is no other way. I have lived too long, dearest. I am tired. This is a blessing, I promise you."
He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.
Elizabeth sighed, resting her head on Cain's chest as he hugged her.
"I understand... I don't like it, but I understand. I often think I've lived too long, even more so now I'm remembering my real life." She told him, lifting her head to look at him. "I'll help. If you or Dean need me to."
"Thank you, Eden. You always were more than I deserved."

It was dark when they reached their destination. It was a farmhouse with a massive, two storey barn a few dozen feet down the driveway.
The child in question was walking away from the barn with a basketball tucked under his arm.
Elizabeth stayed back, believing with every ounce of faith she had that Cain would try his best to avoid murdering a child. Or at least that the boys would be there to stop him. She hung back just far enough that she could intervene if they didn't show in time.
"Is someone there?" The boy called out, hearing their approach.
When he turned back round, Cain was a few feet in front of him, Elizabeth stood by an old pickup, ready to pounce if she needed to. Hell, she didn't even know if she could restrain Cain - He was the first Knight of Hell, after all.
"Hello, Austin." Cain said in monotone.
"What are you doing here?" The boy asked.
"I'm here to kill you." Cain replied, pulling out a rather large hunting knife. "If my sister or her friends don't stop me first."
"Consider us here." Castiel came out of nowhere, standing in front of the boy. "Run." He told him.
The boy instantly did as asked, running back towards the barn where Sam met him.
"You can't stop me." Cain told the Angel. "Only Dean can."
"Elizabeth, move." Cas instructed.
As he lifted his hand, the Vampire dodged to the side.
His eyes lit up a glowing pale blue as his palm emanated a bright white light.
Cain just stood there, his hair and overcoat blowing in the breeze the Angel's power caused.
Cas lowered his hand and took out his blade.
Cain pointed the hunting knife at him and flicked the Angel blade away as though it were nothing. Then, still pointing with the knife, he flung Cas straight into a white fence that cornered part of the barn.
"Cas!" Elizabeth gasped, Vamp speeding to his aid.
"I see some of your abilities still remain. Good, sister. I hope you regain them all one day." Cain told her.
"You don't have to do this, Cain. Please, just stop." She begged, holding onto her Angel to help him up.
"I'm sorry. I wish we had more time." The man said, walking into the barn.
Elizabeth tried to catch him up, but the door slammed shut before she could enter.
She pounded on it with all of her enhanced strength, but it wouldn't budge - not so much as a crack in the wood.
She tried another door at the back of the barn, which opened, revealing Sam, Dean and Crowley.
"So, this is happening then? You're gunna kill him." Elizabeth's waterline was close to spilling fresh tears.
"I'm sorry, 'Liza. But the amount of people he's gunna kill if I don't? It's a no brainer." Dean sighed, remaining in his spot fifteen feet away from her.
"Yeah. I know. He said." Elizabeth nodded, turning her head away as the first tears leaked over.
Sam moved over to her, wrapping his arms around her in comfort as Cas walked in.
"Cas." Sam spoke, stroking a soothing hand down Elizabeth's hair. "Hey, you okay?"
"I'm fine." Cas mumbled. "It worked?"
"Yeah." Sam replied.
"My turn." Dean sighed. "I need you guys to take care of what comes out of there. And, I'm serious. Whatever comes out."
"Happily." Crowley said.
The older brother held out his hand to the King of Hell, who handed him the First Blade.
Before Crowley let it go, he held up a finger.
"What guarantee do I have that you'll give it back when you're done?" He asked.
"If I survive and I come out of there and I don't give it back? You'll all have a much bigger problem on your hands." Dean replied.
Crowley gulped as he released the Blade.
Dean stood there for a moment, accepting its power.
"Dean?" Sam spoke up, grabbing his attention.
"I'm good." The older brother nodded.
He then looked to Elizabeth, seeing her tear stained face and reddened eyes look back at him.
"I'm so sorry..." He whispered.
"I know." Elizabeth nodded, giving him a small smile as her fists balled into Sam's jacket.
Dean then turned around and headed towards the stairs to the upper level of the barn.