Chapter One Hundred and Fifteen - The Island

Eden, for once, woke up at - roughly - the same time as Sam. She was laying on her back when she opened her eyes, seeing Sam had been watching her sleep.
"Creep." She smirked, her voice filled with drowsiness.
"I couldn't help it. You look gorgeous when you sleep." He chuckled, pulling her into him. "You had this little smile on your face and I just couldn't help but stare. Dreaming about anything good?"
"Just your face." She giggled, wriggling her arm free from his grasp to boop his nose.
Sam scrunched up his face, giving a gentle laugh.
"Who knew the big, bad Eden could be so adorable."
"How very dare you." She gasped. "I am a force to be reckoned with, thank you very much."
Again, Sam laughed, burying his face in the crook of her neck.
"This is nice." He hummed. "Stay like this forever?"
"Sounds good to me." Eden smiled.
A knock on the door snapped them back to reality. The Dark Angel groaned.
"Yeah?" Sam called out, lifting his head from Eden's shoulder.
"You guys decent?" Dean asked.
"Define decent." Eden smirked, earning a playful brow from the younger brother.
"Cover up, I'm coming in." The older huffed, giving it a moment before opening the door.
Sam took his arms from around Eden, being careful to make sure her body was still covered as he laid on his back.
"This better be important." She mumbled.
"Kid says you're taking him out today. What's that about?" He asked.
"You couldn't have asked that when we were up?" Sam frowned.
"He was up at the crack of dawn and ate faster than a starving baby. He's even made some sort of lunch in a picnic basket I didn't even know we had. Where the Hell are you taking him?" Dean sighed.
"I told him I'd take him to go and practice his abilities." Eden shrugged.
Dean's brows raised.
"You're joking. She's joking, right?" He pointed to her, looking at Sam, who shook his head. "Great. I'll prepare for the end of the freakin' world."
"Oh, yeah, like I'm going to let that happen." Eden scoffed. "He'll be fine with me. I won't let anything bad happen. I'm taking him to the most remote, uninhabited place on Earth I could think of where he wouldn't freeze to death. We'll be fine and so will the planet."
"That kid has you wrapped around his little finger." Dean hissed, pointing out the door. "He's gunna drag you into the apocalypse take two and you won't even realise it until it's too late."
Eden rolled her eyes, sighing deeply.
"Change the bloody record, Dean. The sooner you realise that he's only going to be a danger if you keep comparing him to his sperm donor, the better. I believe they teach children the whole 'treat others how you want to be treated' skit, so pay attention to it and grow up." The Dark Angel sneered. "And whilst you're at it, get out unless you want an eyeful."
Dean cursed her under his breath, leaving the room and shutting the door behind him.
"There's not many people who can shut my brother up." Sam smirked, running his hand down her bare back as she sat up. "Consider me impressed."
"It's a gift. I've been shutting Winchesters up for over twenty years now, after all." She smirked right back at him.
"Where are you taking him?"
Eden got out of bed, walking over to the bedroom door, where her floor length, black cotton robe hung.
"Howland Island - the island Amelia Earhart was supposed to land on before she disappeared." She replied, slipping the garment over her shoulders.
Sam gave an understanding nod.
"Well, you better hurry. Sounds like the poor kid's gunna explode with excitement if he has to wait any longer." He chuckled. "Just... Promise me you'll be careful."
"Eesh." Eden scrunched up her nose. "You never ask me to promise things. I don't often make those."
"Why not?" Sam frowned.
"In case I break them. But, yes, I'll try and be careful."
The Winchester nodded, watching her walk out the door to the room she'd made her closet.

After getting dressed into one of her typical black maxi dresses and some flat knee-high boots, Eden went to the kitchen, seeing Jack practically bouncing in his seat at the table, a wicker picnic basket and an ice box sat next to him.
"Good morning." He smiled brightly. "I packed you a couple of blood bags. Where are we going?"
"Calm down there, Squab. Give me a chance to wake up first." Eden giggled, going to the fridge.
Jack pulled out a glass of blood from behind the picnic basket, walked over to the Dark Angel and handed it to her.
"Oh." Eden's brows raised as she closed the fridge door again. "Thank you, Jack."
"You're welcome." Jack smiled again, looking rather proud of himself.
Eden took a sip, noting that the blood had been out for a while by its room temperature. It almost tasted as though it had been taken straight from a person. She hummed in satisfaction.
"How long have you been up?" She asked him.
"Five hours, twenty nine minutes and three seconds."
Eden's brows raised again.
"What have you been doing all this time?"
"Wrecking the damn kitchen trying to make himself a sandwich." Dean grumbled, walking into the room with an empty plate and cutlery.
"Looks fine to me." Eden replied, looking around the place.
"Yeah, because I spent the last hour cleaning up his crap." The Winchester retorted.
"I'd like to see what the kitchen would look like if you tried to make a sandwich at less than a week old." The Dark Angel countered.
"I wasn't walking around and making conversation at a week old."
"So, we've established that he's more impressive than you. I'm really glad we're finally on the same page."
"Can you please stop arguing?" Jack put his hands over his ears.
"I'm sorry, honey." Eden sighed as Dean mumbled yet another something under his breath, leaving the room. "Are you ready to go?"
"Yes." Jack nodded confidently, picking up the picnic basket and ice box.
"Alright, then." Eden took his arm and zapped out of there.