Chapter One Hundred and Eighteen - Accidents

Back at the mortuary, Athena was less than pleased to see them.
"What the Hell are you doing in my house?" She demanded, finding Sam, Dean and Eden downstairs in the morgue. "Again!"
"Look, it- I'm-"
"I know who you are." She cut Sam off. "Answer the question."
"Okay. My associates and I, we're looking for your boyfriend." Sam explained.
"Why?" She pressed. "Is this about the grave robbery?"
"And a murder." Dean added. "Sheriff's Deputy was killed last night."
"What?" Athena gasped.
"We just wanna talk to him, that's all." Sam told her. "So... Do you know where he is?"
"He said he had to go to the bank." Athena replied.
"Oh, dear..." Eden sighed. "Outlaw's gunna rob the place."
"Yeah... Come on." Dean broke into a run back up the stairs to ground level.

"Dave Mather. Robbin' a bank is a bold move." Dean pointed his shotgun at the Ghoul as he left the bank, pulling down a red bandana from his face.
"You must be the Hunters." Dave walked lazily towards Dean and Eden.
"And you must like to play cowboy." Dean countered.
"It's my favourite suit." He shrugged, looking to Eden with a frown. "Hey, don't I know you? Or maybe that was Dave... These memories get mixed up sometimes, you know?"
"OG Dave and I met once. You missed it." Eden replied.
"Shame. Though, I do like him. You know, I like to keep a piece of old Dave on me just to naw on." The Ghoul replied as Sam, Jack and Castiel walked out towards him from another angle, the sound of Sam's handgun cocking grabbing the Ghoul's attention. He laughed. "You must make it three, four, five Hunters! Whoo! Must be my birthday."
"Look, why don't you come with us someplace else." Sam spoke up. "We can do this quick and quiet."
The gunslinger pulled out his weapon and fired with record speed, hitting Eden as Sam fired at him, shortly followed by a shotgun round from Dean.
"I'm really bored of getting shot now..." Eden sighed as more shots ensued.
"Get out of the damn firing line or take the guy's head off, then!" Dean yelled over the gunfire.
Eden decided to technically do neither, as Dave pointed his gun straight at the older brother.
She Vamp sped over to him, dragging him out of the way, behind a car.
"Thanks." He panted.
"Welcome." Eden replied as Sam joined them. "Where's the Pigeons?"
"Uh..." Sam poked his head up above the car, only seeing two pairs of feet from the underside of a bright red locomotive statue a couple of dozen feet away from them. "Behind the train. Are you okay?"
Eden looked down to the bullet wound in her left shoulder, hairs away from ruining her anti-possession tattoo.
"Nothing a little blood won't fix." She shrugged.
Jack ran out from his cover with Castiel in tow.
"Jack!" The Angel yelled.
Dave shot a couple of rounds into the Nephilim.
"Oh, no..." Eden gasped. "Stay here."
She ran out to Jack and Cas as the boy smiled.
The bank security guard came out to arrest Dave as Jack lifted his hand, his eyes turning their golden colour.
The guard and the gunslinger fell back in slow motion.
Where Dave hit the ground, the guard hit a metal pillar behind him, his head making hard contact with it.
"No..." Jack breathed.
Eden Vamp sped over to the guard as Dean ran for Dave.
She knelt down, placing the heel of her hand on the guard's forehead.
The black smoke encircled his head but, nothing happened.
"I didn't mean to..." Jack whimpered.
"He's dead..." Eden sighed, getting up. "Jack, you didn't mean to do this. It was an accident."
Jack didn't say anything, just stared blankly down at the body as Dean came running back up to them.
"I lost him. How's-" He started, but cut himself off when Sam shook his head. "Crap..."

Back at the motel, Jack laid on the couch with his head in Eden's lap, staring off into nothingness across the room as she stroked his hair.
"Is this the first time he's hurt anyone?" She heard Castiel ask the brothers as they talked in the bedroom.
"No." Sam replied. "But it is the first time he's hurt someone that didn't get back up."
No one said anything for a good few seconds.
"Alright... You guys should get Jack back to the Bunker." Dean spoke up.
"What?" Sam frowned.
"Cops are gunna be on their way. We gotta get him outta town."
"Okay, but what about the Ghoul? I can stay-"
"Na, I'll handle it." Dean cut Cas off, shaking his head. "Besides, you and Eden need to be with the kid in case he... You know."
Castiel let out a deep sigh.
"Okay." He nodded, walking off towards Eden and Jack. "It's time to go."
Eden sighed as Sam walked over.
"Jack, baby, we gotta get up, okay? Just sit up for me, it's time to go." She soothed, cupping the underside of his head as he lifted his body into a seated position, still staring off into space.
"You good to zap back to the Bunker?" Dean asked Eden.
"Yeah. Of course. Give that Ghoul a shell for me." She nodded to the shotgun in his hand.
Dean nodded as he left the motel room.
Castiel crouched down in front of Jack, resting a hand on his knee.
"Jack, look, Eden and I have killed people who didn't deserve it before - my friends, I've killed people I loved. I wish I could tell you that it gets easier. That with time, it hurts less, but that would be a lie because it... It never gets easier in those moments, they never stop hurting. But that doesn't mean that you should stop fighting. Doesn't mean that, just because you made a mistake - that's what this is, Jack, it's a mistake. That doesn't mean that you can't be better - do better. I believe that, I have to believe that."
"We still believe in you, Jack." Sam added.
"Stop. Stop. Just... Please stop." The Nephilim finally spoke.
"Okay, alright." Eden whispered, rubbing a hand on his back. "Time to go home, boys."
She placed her free hand on Cas' shoulder as Sam took hers and then, they disappeared.