Chapter One Hundred and Fifty-Six - Wayward Kids Part Two

A/N: Hey guys! I'm really sorry there were no updates on this book for a while, I suffered some technical difficulties. But I assure you, all has been fixed now and chapters will resume every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
I hope you enjoy!

- Rayna xoxo

“Come in!” Stacy called through the front door.
“Jack, Willow. You came.” Eliot greeted them, standing up from his chair at the small dining table in the corner of the large, yellow-painted living room.
“Yeah, you invited us.” The Nephilim reminded him.
“Yeah, we know.” Stacy smiled.
Jack walked over to Eliot, placing the pile of books down on the table next to him.
“Are these...”
“Books. On monsters.” Jack finished for him.
“Awesome.” Eliot breathed.
Willow walked further into the room, seeing Max curling into Stacy’s side as the brunette was studying.
“What’s that?” Jack asked, taking note of the music playing in the background.
“Music...” Max replied in a ‘duh’ tone, not looking away from the phone in her hand.
“I like The Who.” The Nephilim announced with a proud smile.
“Who?” Stacy frowned.
“My aunt listens to them.” Max replied. “They’re... Old.”
“Dean says any music made after nineteen seventy-nine ‘sucks ass.’” Jack quoted.
“That’s because Dean is also old.” The blonde sighed, earning a chuckle from Stacy and Willow.
“You should see my mom’s playlist. Being the daughter of Adam and Eve, she’s been around since before music. Her Spotify makes Dean’s music collection look as young as Billie Eilish.” Willow mumbled, moving to sit on the couch next to the one Max and Stacy were curled up on.
“Your mom is the daughter of Adam and Eve? As in the Adam and Eve?” Stacy cocked a brow.
The Vampire nodded, leaning back on the couch.
“So all that God crap? It’s real?” Max pressed, placing her phone down in her lap.
“More or less. But I wouldn’t go converting or anything. God’s a dick.” Willow shrugged. “You’re far better off doing just enough bad to get you into Hell. Mom’s also the Queen, you see. She could give you a good demonic spot.”
The two girls looked to each other with a small smile.
“I’m not sure Eden would approve of you encouraging Humans to become
Demons when they die.” Jack frowned, studying random items on the mantle opposite the girls’ couch.
“What she doesn’t know won’t kill me.” Willow shrugged. “Jack, come sit down. You’re loitering.”
Jack nodded, moving to sit next to her, removing his backpack in the process to place on the floor.
“What’s the SAT?” He asked, noticing the book Stacy was studying out of.
“The S-A-Ts?” Stacy corrected, narrowing her eyes questioningly, earning a nod from the boy.
“You were homeschooled, huh?” Max nodded, smirking a little.
“You’ve met his guardians. What do you think?” Willow retorted.
“Woah...” Eliot spoke up, looking over at the pair from one of the books Jack had brought. “Do Demons really look like this?”
He turned the book around, displaying a drawn picture of a man with a stereotypical ‘red devil’ face, complete with horns.
“Uh... No.” Jack replied, leaning forward to see better. “They don’t have horns. They actually look like smoke... Unless they’ve possessed a Human. Then, they can look like me or you or anybody.”
“Really?” Stacy asked hesitantly.
“Unless you have this.” Willow interjected, pulling down the collar of her hoodie to reveal her tattoo. “It’s an anti-possession tattoo. Stops the Demons getting in.”
“Cool.” Max breathed.
“And you guys have seen one before?” Eliot pressed.
“I’ve killed one.” Jack said affirmingly.
“Yeah?” Max smirked, leaning forward towards the pair. “How?”
The Nephilim looked to Willow, who gave him a warning look.
“Mom’s not gunna like this...” She mumbled, knowing instantly what he was thinking of doing.
“Wouldn’t she like that as many people as possible are prepared for what’s out there?” He frowned.
Willow sighed heavily, looking between him and the three teens.
“Fine. But you can use that justification on her, Sam and Dean. Don’t leave it to me.”