Chapter One Hundred and Ninety-Two - Empty Planet

At the silo, the four remaining Hunters exited the building. Sam was trying to get a hold of Dean, Willow or Castiel, but no one was answering.
Jack stumbled forward a few paces away from Sam, Eden and Jorden, his mouth agape as his eyes stared off into the trees.
"Sam? Eden?" He eventually called. "Was it just them?"
"I don't know..." Sam replied.
The Light Nephilim slowly turned around to face them, the corners of his lips turned down with worry.

In town, Eden felt the need to hold Jorden's hand a little tighter. In all her years, she'd never heard the Earth so silent.
She, Sam, Jack and Jorden looked around the desolate main street. Cars littered the roads, some with doors open or trunks; shopping bags filled with groceries were sat on the pavement, having fallen from vanishing hands. Strollers with no sign of mother or child were left abandoned. An old Volvo had it's alarm blaring, having hit a lamp post head on, leaving a huge dent in the car.
Eden sighed.
"Go hold Jack's hand for a bit, Flower." She instructed Jorden with a gentle voice, giving the child's hand a reassuring shake.
Jorden nodded, running over to catch up with her big brother.
She tapped his hand, drawing his attention away from the empty planet. He gave her a small smile, uncurling his fingers from the loose fist they'd formed, then gripped her hand as though it were the difference between life or death.
Eden made her way over to the Volvo, unfolded the crumpled hood and dug around until she found the right wire, ripping it from it's attachments. The car alarm instantly stopped as a result, just as the Impala pulled up on the other side of the road.
"Uncle Dean!" Jorden called out through a toothy grin, releasing Jack's hand to run to him as he got out of the driver's door.
"Hey, Kiddo..." He muttered, groaning as the little girl launched herself into his arms.
He adjusted her on his hip and made his way over to Sam, Jack and Eden.
The Dark Angel frowned at him, his lost expression and grieving eyes gave him away. She looked passed him at the Impala, seeing no passengers.
"You came alone?" She asked. "Where's Pigeon and Willow?"
The older brother looked down, placing the hand that wasn't supporting his niece on her back, pulling her into him protectively.
"Dean?" Sam pressed.
"He saved me." He said. "Billie was coming after us, and Cas summoned the Empty. It took her... And it took him. Cas is gone."
"Oh... No." Eden's voice quaked as tears so large entirely missed her cheek and fell straight to the tarmac beneath her. She held the back of her right hand over her mouth, the other on her hip, looking around the town aimlessly.
"What about Willow?" Jack asked. "Did it take her too?"
Dean squeezed his eyes shut, a single tear staining his left cheek.
"No... After Cas... I had her in my arms and..." He paused looked over to a sobbing Eden and a teary Sam and Jack. Eventually, his eyes fell and remained on Eden. "She disappeared... Just like everyone else. I'm so sorry, Vampy Pants. There was nothing I could do. It all happened so fast, I-"
Eden turned her back on the older brother, looked to the sky and screamed. Her vision began to blur with the light-headedness it all caused and she lost her balance, falling to the floor. She punched the road, her hair pooling around her face like a waterfall of blood.
Jorden began to cry. The hand Dean had on her back moved up to her head, tucking her face into the crook of his neck, softly shushing her and whispering soothing words into her ear as he too, silently cried.
"It's okay, Sweetness, I know. I'm so sorry." He soothed, gently bouncing her on his hip and running his fingers through her hair.
Jack was next to break.
As a tear on each side trickled down his cheeks, he squeezed his eyes shut, his head tormented with Eden's screaming.
Sam, though in tears as well, approached the Dark Angel, crouching down beside her to place a calming hand on her back. He didn't say a word. There wasn't anything he could say that would make her feel better.

With Eden safely tucked under Sam's supporting arm, the group made their way through the deserted streets, eventually finding a diner.
Sam left Eden under Jack's care and Dean put Jorden in the Nephilim's arms to check the place out on their own.
Inside, tables were filled with half-eaten food and beverages. Opposite them was a bar, where a beer tap had been left on; someone had evidently been pouring a glass when they vanished.
Above the bar was a TV, displaying the latest football game.
"Hey." Dean uttered, pointing to the screen to show his younger brother. The pitch was entirely empty, no cameras were moving or cutting to different angles and there wasn't a single sign of life in the stands. "Brings a whole new meaning to the term 'sudden death.'"
"Do you think we're it? All that's left?" Sam asked, half-rhetorically. Deep down, he knew the answer.
Dean reached over the bar, flicking the beer tap towards him to shut it off.
"Yeah." He scoffed lightly. "You, me, Eden, Jack and Jorden."