Chapter Eleven - Not What You Pictured

"I really didn't think this through... I can't run into my past self." Elizabeth groaned, pacing underneath the wooden sign with a crusty, worn 'Sunrise, Wyoming' painted on it.
"What would be so bad about that? Having two of you sure sounds like a party to me." Dean smirked.
"Yeah, you wish, Winchester." Elizabeth winked. "But seriously, I don't want to wait around to find out what happens if I do."
"Why are you so bothered about it?" Sam asked, finishing setting his watch for twenty-four hours.
The Vampire sighed.
"Let's just say, I met the right Doctor."
"Whatever that means." Dean scoffed. "Hey, we should try the Saloon first. See what we get from the locals."
"Sure." Sam chuckled. "Whatever, Sundance."
"Think we'll have time to hit on Saloon girls?" The older brother's eyes glistened.
"Oh, I'm going to make you eat those words." Elizabeth sniggered, throwing a smug look his way.
"First the sarape, now the saloon girls. Would ya just let me enjoy this?" Dean protested.
Elizabeth raised her hands in defence.
"You go right ahead, cowboy."

After a small mishap with Sam and some horse manure, the trio made their way into Sunrise, with Elizabeth leading the way.
In the centre of town, a public execution was going down.
"We stand here today – March fourth, eighteen sixty-one – execute justice upon Elias Finch for the murder of his own wife." The Judge announced.
"Wow. Talk about authenticity." Sam commented.
Elizabeth watched with a grave expression as people maneuvered on the gallows platform.
"Sentence handed down by myself, Tye Mortimer, duly appointed judge of the Wyoming circuit. You will be hung by your neck until you die." The Judge continued.
"Hanged." Elizabeth mumbled her correction. "Illiterate arseholes."
"You got anything to say?" The Sherriff of the town asked the condemned man.
"You're gunna burn for this. Every one of you." Elias Finch cursed.
Before he could say anything more, Judge Mortimer raised his hand and dropped it again, signalling for the executioner to release the trap door at Elias' feet.
The snapping of his neck made Elizabeth's skin crawl, but if he had indeed murdered his wife, he deserved it.
"Good times." Dean clapped his hands together. "So, where do we find Sammy Colt?"
"No idea. I just remember that March eighteen sixty-one, he was lingering around this area. But so was I, so we've got to be vigilant." Elizabeth replied.
"I think I know who to ask." Sam nodded in the direction of the Sheriff and Judge Mortimer, who were descending the steps of the gallows.
Moving towards them, Dean bumped into a man, who stared him up and down.
"Nice blanket." He chortled.
Dean glared in Elizabeth's direction, who stared back with a highly amused glint in her eye and a smug smile to match.
"You've been laughing at me this whole time about this, haven't you?" He grumbled, struggling to get the sarape over his head.
"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, Dean." She replied, fluttering her lashes at him in fake innocence, earning nothing but an equally amused chuckle from the younger brother.

Elizabeth scoped out the area, trying to dodge her memory whilst the boys spoke with the Sheriff.
When she eventually entered the jail, the Judge and Sheriff were commenting on how clean both boys looked, as though it were some calling card for a not-so religiously accepted sexuality. So she decided it best to save them.
"Good afternoon, Sheriff. Judge Mortimer." Elizabeth smiled warmly. "Do excuse my companions here."
"Ms Smythe! I wasn't expecting you to grace Sunrise with your presence again so soon. Was there a problem getting to Virginia?" The Sheriff asked, instantly removing his hat as she walked into the building.
A wave of realisation hit the Vampire.
"Of course... Virginia. Well, at least I shouldn't have a problem running into myself." She mumbled to herself, before readdressing the man in front of her.
"Just some unfinished business in Sunrise and then I'll be gone, I promise."
"We need to find Samuel Colt. Do you know him?" Sam asked.
"The gun maker?" The Sheriff frowned curiously.
"Yeah. Is he in town?" Dean pressed.
"Not that I know of." The Sheriff shook his head. "Might try askin' Elkins over at the Saloon. Been here longer than God."
Elizabeth gave him another smile and a tip of her hat before beckoning the boys to follow her out.