Chapter Seventy-Three - Suffering

A/N: Picture above is Alexander's face claim.
Rayna xoxo

Dean sat Rowena down in the cell as soon as he got back, immediately following it up with a trip to Sam and Elizabeth's bedroom.
"How's she doing?" He asked, then laid eyes on Alexander. "The Hell's he doing here?"
"Nice to see you again too, Dean." Alexander mumbled, getting up from his seat.
"He's here to help." Sam told him.
"Whatever. We've got a Witch who needs interrogating." Dean replied after a moment's thought.
"Would you mind if I sat in? I haven't seen Rowena since she removed Eden from Elizabeth. The shock factor may loosen her lips a little and persuade her to help your Angel."
"It's a good idea." Sam nodded. "He's also going to ask if she can remove Elizabeth's Eden memories again to see if that can help her."
Dean rolled his eyes.
"Fine."

As soon as Rowena's eyes met Alexander's, her blood ran cold.
"Mister Finley. What on Earth are you doing here?" She asked.
"I'll answer that soon enough, my dear. For now, the brothers have their questions for you." Alexander replied as Sam rifled through the Witch's bags on the table to the left of the Vampire.
"Mind the undergarments, Samuel. Imported, of course." Rowena commented in a desperate attempt to hide her shock for seeing Alexander again.
"Where is it?" Sam asked.
"Where's what, dear?"
"The book!" Sam raised his voice, turning to face her. "The Book of the Damned. The Codex is in there, but the book is not. So, where the Hell is it?"
"I'm sorry, did you just say 'the Book of the Damned?' That blasted thing is real?" Alexander's brows raised in surprise.
"Yes, it is. We had it, but Rowena stole it." Sam replied. "So where is it?"
"Do you take me for a fool?" Rowena smirked. "Like I'd run around with those two spectacularly powerful items anywhere in proximity."
"Well, now we've got the Codex." Sam retorted, holding it up. "And Charlie's code-breaking. So, the book isn't as useful to you as it was."
"Or so you hope." The Witch added. "That's what I admire in you, Samuel. That plucky optimism - that plucky, stupid optimism."
"Sam, why don't you go grab Cas so Florence Nightingale, here, can do her stuff." Dean said, leaning against the table with his arms folded across his chest.
"Yeah." Sam mumbled, handing his brother the Codex on his way out.
"Do I get an answer to my question yet, Alex?" Rowena asked.
"My name is Alexander. If you would be so kind as to use it all." The Vampire scowled, then looked to Dean who put out a hand for him to continue. "I am here because Elizabeth has her memories back. She's dying."
Rowena's sarcastic expression softened. As did Dean's uncaring one. He hadn't been expecting that.
"Dying?" Rowena gasped. "You can't be serious, surely."
"She was only given her memories back, not her abilities. The power in those memories is killing her." Alexander explained. "I need you to remove them again."
"I'm sorry, Alexander. I can't. That spell only works on a person once." The Witch seemed genuinely apologetic.
"Then find another one!" Alexander shouted. "That girl made me who I am today. I am nothing without her. I owe her my life. You must help me."
"I'm sorry, I truly am. You know how much she meant to me too. The only way she's going to heal is if she gets those abilities back. And I'm guessing that option would be far more challenging than simply asking me." Rowena replied.
"You would be right." Alexander sighed, running a hand through his soft, dark hair. He turned to Dean. "I've had my piece. If you need me for anything, I shall be by her side."
Dean nodded, not yet fully processed the new news of his friend's deteriorating condition.
"Uh, actually, Alexander, I'd appreciate it if you stayed here for this." He corrected himself as he took a seat behind the table, putting his feet up on it, knocking Rowena's bag off in the process.
"Of course." Alexander nodded.
"You do recall our deal, eh, Dean?" Rowena spoke up. "First I de-spell the Angel, then I go free."
"Hm." Dean gave an uncaring nod. "Except for one thing."
"There were no exceptions in our arrangement." The Witch retorted.
"The book. Gunna need that baby back." Dean smirked.
"The book was never mentioned in our negotiations."
"Eh, well, now it is."
"Our deal says-"
"Our deal says whatever I want it to say." Dean cut her off, earning a low chuckle from Alexander. "You're gunna play by my rules. Because I have your son on speed dial."
That threw the Vampire off.
"I'm sorry? Her son died some three hundred years ago." Alexander frowned.
"And now he's the King of Hell." Dean nodded.
Alexander's brows raised.
"How the mighty fall and rise again..." He uttered.
"Call him." Rowena hissed. "If I'm dead, you've got a big, fat pile of nothing. No book, ever. Your friend with the bent halo? He goes foaming at the mouth mad and dies. Your turn." She paused to look at Dean, who simply glared at her. "Your eyes, so burdened. What happened, precisely when I removed the Mark? The book wasn't specific. Yes, I read quite a bit of it... What new Hell has Dean Winchester unleashed upon the world?"
"Dean!" Sam shouted, running into the room.
"Yeah?"
"I can't find Cas."
"What?" Dean frowned, getting up from his seat.
"He's not there, he broke free. He's gone." Sam panted.
The three men looked to Rowena, who smiled and shook her head.
"Elizabeth's condition, I suspect, will be the same for a while. I can assist you in looking for the Angel if you like." Alexander said.
"Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks." Sam nodded.
Dean collected the Witch and the four made their way out in the Impala.