Chapter Fifty-Two - Novak

A/N: Trigger warning, mention of sexual assault in this chapter. Will remind you closer to the actual scene as well.
Rayna xoxo

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" Sam walked into the library with a grilled cheese to see Dean and Elizabeth watching a video on the older brother's laptop.
"I'm educating Dean on how comedy used to be." Elizabeth smiled, motioning to the black and white slapstick comedy show playing on the screen.
"Dude, I swear I was born in the wrong decade. This is awesome." Dean grinned, watching as his brother placed the grilled cheese down in front of him. He instantly began salivating. "Hello, beautiful."
He tore into a piece, placing it into his mouth and closing his eyes in a state of pure bliss.
Sam and Elizabeth side-eyed each other.
"Do you want us to leave you alone with that thing?" Sam smirked.
"Mm? No, no. Check this out." Dean replied with a mouthful, turning the laptop slightly so Sam could see.
As they laughed, Elizabeth looked over her boys with a small smile. The moments like these – the mundane moments – were her favourite. Where they could just be a family watching a stupid video and stuffing their faces with cholesterol. She felt... Content.
Until her phone rang...
She grabbed it from the table, seeing 'Pigeon' flash up on the screen. She frowned.
"Pigeon. You never call me. What's wrong?"
"I know, I'm sorry. I just didn't know who else to call. I thought you'd get through to her best." Castiel sighed.
"Get through to who?" Elizabeth asked, looking to the boys who watched her curiously.
"Claire. My vessel's daughter. I helped her out and now she's taken my wallet and disappeared."
"Sounds like you need the police, not me." Elizabeth replied.
"Please, Elizabeth... Just- please come. I can't go to the police I... Sort of broke her out of a group home." The Angel mumbled.
Elizabeth's eyebrows raised.
"You did what?" The corners of her mouth perked up into an amused smile. "Pigeon, as I don't live and breathe. When did you become such a bad boy?"
"Please, just get here... I really need your help. It's urgent." Cas huffed.
Elizabeth gave another glance to the boys and shrugged.
"Sure. We're on our way. Text me your location."
"Thank you." Cas breathed a sigh of relief as they hung up the phone.
"What was all that about?" Sam asked.
"One Claire Novak has escaped daddy's pigeon coop." Elizabeth sighed, getting up from her seat. "He needs our help, so get your crap together and let's go."

In Pontiac, Illinois, Castiel met them outside of a diner.
"Cas, an emergency is a dead body, okay?" Dean started. "Or a winged out Angel. Or the apocalypse, take three. Some chick bolting on you is not an emergency. That's..."
"Dean's Friday night." Elizabeth smirked, earning a small backhand to the arm from the older brother.
"Okay, we are way too alike. I was gunna say that about Sam..." Dean scoffed.
"Hey." Sam frowned.
"This isn't just 'some chick'." Cas protested. "I'm responsible for her."
"Since when?" Dean shrugged. "You met her once – how many years ago?"
"Look, Cas, even if we do find Claire, then what?" Sam sighed.
"She rolled you and then she ran away, okay? It's pretty clear that she doesn't wanna play house." Dean continued.
"I understand." Cas replied. "But I need to know that Claire is safe, and I need your help – more to the point, I need Elizabeth's help. That's why I called her and not either of you. I feel Claire might respond better to a female. So, if you don't want to be here, go."
Elizabeth looked to the brothers, who looked to each other.
"Alright... We'll help." Sam said after a moment. "Why don't we go ask around at the group home?"
"Uh, you know what? We're gunna stick here in case she circles back." Dean replied, handing his brother the car keys. "You go ahead. Take 'Liza in case she got caught and dragged back there."
"Thank you." Cas mumbled.
Elizabeth and Sam nodded, going over to the car.

"Claire's a good kid, Detectives. She's smart." The woman in charge of the group home told them, handing Sam Claire's file. "And underneath it all, she has a big heart. You know, there used to be a boy here; Dustin Tate. He was older, but Claire really took him under her wing."
"Is he around?" Sam asked.
"He works at the Weiner Hut." The woman said. "We tried to place Claire, but she always ran away – sometimes for a couple of days, one time for six months."
"Do you think she'd go to him for some kind of sanctuary?" Elizabeth cocked a brow.
"That would be my best guess, yes." The woman nodded.
"Where did she hide out?" The Winchester pressed. "During the six months, I mean."
"Wish I knew." The care-worker shook her head.