Chapter Ninety-One - Saving Sam Winchester

Eden felt right at home behind the steering wheel of her beloved Camaro as she and Castiel set off to Missouri, mostly to give Dean and Mary some time alone to rekindle.
Dean had suggested checking out local realtors to see if anything came up there, since whoever took Sam seemed to be reasonably legitimate by having their own plane and confidential flight plans. So, the two Angels had to wait until morning.

Eden found herself in a world of her own, picking at the sides of her fingernails anxiously, sat at the end of her bed in their hotel room.
"Are you alright?" Cas asked, but there was no response. He walked up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Eden."
"Yes?" The girl jumped slightly. "Sorry, I was miles away. I'm fine. I just... Miss Sam."
"You know he thinks you and Dean are dead?" Cas sighed, sitting next to her.
"I'd imagine so..." Eden mumbled. "What happened? After Amara took us from the bar?"
"Sam was frantic. We all thought that you two disappearing was your death. We didn't exactly have much to go on in the way of primordial endings – or Dark Angels for that matter. Sam seemed to keep it together until he and I got back to the Bunker. I'm not sure he's had the time for it to properly sink in yet." Cas explained.
"Maybe that's a good thing. If he hasn't processed mine and Dean's apparent deaths yet, then he won't have to after we rescue him." Eden shrugged.
Castiel simply gave a steady nod.

The next morning, they took to the streets of Aldridge to track down every realtor on the map.
Between searching for properties that could fit the bill and visiting them, it didn't take all that long before they found something.
It was a white house in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by acres upon acres of farmland.
"Can you feel that?" Cas asked her as they watched the house from afar.
"The warding? Yes, I can." Eden sighed.
"I'll call Dean." The light Angel said, pulling out his phone.
"Hey Cas, what have you got?" Dean answered.
"We think we may have found Sam's location. It's a farm. It appears empty, but it was rented two weeks ago to a woman with an English accent. We went to check it out." Cas responded.
"Did you have a look inside?" Dean asked.
"No. No, it's powerfully warded. I've never felt anything like it. No wonder Eden couldn't find Sam." The Angel said.
"Powerfully warded. Okay, buddy, that was your headline right there."
Cas frowned, looking over to Eden awkwardly.
"Are we still discussing the same thing?" He asked.
"Where are you?" Dean huffed.
"I'll send Ede-" Cas cut himself off as he looked over again and Eden had disappeared. "Nevermind."

"One express Angel ride to Missouri, at your service." Eden smirked, making Dean jump as she appeared behind him in the War room.
"Damn it, Eden. What have I told you about doing that?" He grumbled.
"I'll get my coat." Mary said, standing from her spot at the map table.
"Wait, uh... Okay. Why don't I take this one solo, okay? It's just; we don't know what we're walking into, here." Dean stood up.
"We never know, we're Hunters..." Mary frowned.
"Right... Um, okay, I can't do my job if I'm worried about you." Her son replied.
"Dean, you won't have to be." Mary smiled. "I can handle myself. Okay? Alright, good talk."
Eden sniggered from behind Dean as his mother disappeared down the hall.
"Shut up." Dean mumbled.
"You forget that your mum is a bit of a badass herself and that this isn't her first rodeo." Eden cocked a playful brow. "If it makes you feel better, I'll look out for her."
"That makes me feel a whole lot better, actually. Thanks." Dean nodded.
"Looking out for Winchesters is kind of my thing." Eden chuckled.
"That, it is." He replied.

"Where's all this warding you mentioned?" Dean asked after Eden had zapped them as close to the house as she could get.
"It's cloaked." Castiel replied. "And very powerful. You brought your mother?"
"Hello, Castiel. Yes, he did." Mary looked to Dean who gave an awkward smile.
"You sure there's anyone inside?" He looked over to the big white house.
"I can just about hear movement in there." Eden said. "The warding is making it fuzzy, but yes, I can hear it."
"I'm gunna go have a closer look." Dean said, walking with Mary in tow. "Mom, I got this."
"You can keep me from driving, Dean. Not from hunting." Mary retorted.
Dean looked to Cas and Eden for assistance.
"How about Dean goes to check it out and take down the warding, we'll come up with a plan for inside." Eden suggested. "Besides, being surrounded by men all the time? I could use a bit of sensible company."
Mary gave a small chuckle.
"Fine." She sighed.
Dean nodded, silently thanking Eden before walking off.