Chapter One Hundred and Fifty-Five - Wayward Kids Part One

Sam and Eden both found themselves awake early one morning. They sat at the table in the kitchen, Sam with a coffee and his laptop, Eden with a glass of blood and a small pile of newspapers.
"Mornin' sunshines." Dean said, walking into go straight to the coffee machine.
"Hey." The pair uttered.
"Whatcha looking at? Porn? Sex tapes? Nip slips?"
"Not everyone is you, Dean." Eden sent a playful glare to his back.
"And the internet is more than just naked people." Sam added, turning back to address his brother. "You do know that, right?"
"No. I didn't know that." Dean retorted, earning a heavy sigh and a shake of Sam's head as he turned back around.
"Think I've found something." The younger brother huffed. "Come check this out."
Eden frowned, slipping out of her chair opposite him to look over his shoulder as Dean approached.
"So, this girl. Her body was found just outside Big Creek State Park in Iowa - covered in bite marks. The police are saying it's an animal attack..."
"But?" Dean pressed.
"But, I did some digging and I found that there weren't a lot of bodies, but a lot of people do go missing in that park." Sam continued, pulling up an incident report.
"Look at this. Park Ranger back in o-six, a poacher in ninety-eight and on and on and on. I mean, I've only gone back to nineteen forty-three and I've already found fifty-four missing people.
"Big Creek State Park, you said?" Eden frowned, moving to sit next to him.
"Yeah. No one seems to have made any connections, though. Everyone's just thinking its animals." The younger brother replied.
"I worked on a case not far from there." The Dark Angel uttered, wracking her brain as she thought back. "Yes. It was a few hikers back in eighty-four. Never found what caused it, though. Got called in on another case after this one went cold."
"Well... Sounds like our kind of thing." Dean commented, walking over to sit where Eden had been previously. "You sure you're up for it? I mean, you wanted to take some time and you're adamant on putting off that vacation."
"Na, I'm good." Sam shook his head. "I think the date last week gave me some time to just... You know, forget everything existed for a night. Honestly, I'm good."
"Alright. Well, let's hit it." The older brother shrugged, sipping his coffee.
"Alright. I'll grab Cas." Sam said, closing his laptop.
"He actually left." Dean interjected as Sam was getting up. "Early this morning."
"What?" The younger brother frowned.
"Why?" He and Eden asked.
"I don't know. Something about being cooped up in the Bunker for a few weeks. We all need to stretch our legs, I get it." Dean shrugged once more.
"Alright. Then... Jack." Sam suggested.
"Um... I don't want Jack on this." The older brother pointed an aimless finger at his brother. "Donatello might've said he's fine, but he's got his mojo back and his powers have gotten us into trouble in the past. Remember the security guard? So, I just wanna make sure that, you know, he's right... Before we put him back out there."
"Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. He's a little vulnerable right now." Eden added.
"Fine." Sam huffed. "Willow? She said she wanted to be a Hunter, right? Well, she needs experience. One of her mom's cold cases might be a good place to start."
"I see your point... But do we really want to leave Jack alone in the Bunker to stew on his emotions? Or possible lack thereof?" The Dark Angel cocked a brow, sipping her blood.
"Good point..." Sam sighed. "Alright. Just the three of us, then."

After packing up and getting ready to leave, the three went to the library, where they found Jack and Willow sat at one of the smaller side tables on the left side of the room, reading by lamp light.
"Hey, guys. How we doing?" Dean asked, jogging up the stairs from the War room with Sam and Eden in tow.
"We're good. Just reading up on some lore." Willow smiled, looking up at them from her book entitled 'Sirens: Creatures of the Deep'.
"That's... Awesome, guys. Shows some good initiative." Sam nodded his approval.
"Listen, we're heading out on a case."
"And... You don't want me to come." Jack rather stated than asked.
"Truth is..."
"Little Vampy Pants hasn't completed her basic Hunter training yet and we thought you might be able to help her with that." Dean cut his brother off, earning a look from Eden. "Besides, we don't wanna leave the Bunker empty in case mom or one of the other Hunters call and need help, so... Also, this place is long overdue for a restock, so you two have a mission - should you choose to accept it - go to the grocery store, get us whatever we need, whatever you guys need. I made you a list."
The older brother handed the Nephilim a sheet of yellow paper as Willow placed her book down on the table beside her.
"Our mission is shopping..." Jack frowned at the list. "Beer, TP, eggs, beer again..."
"Twice." Sam commented.
"Yeah." Dean grinned.
"That's just the little detail." Eden waved a dismissive hand. "We're trusting the both of you to look after any Hunters who come this way and help them wherever you can."
Jack placed the list down in his lap, giving the three adults a smile.
"I'll do it." He nodded affirmingly.
"I suppose I have nothing better to do." Willow shrugged. "Brother/sister shopping trip?"
"Brother/sister shopping trip." Jack repeated, nodding again.
"Great!" Dean clapped his hands together. "We'll be in touch."
The two brothers were already making their exit as Eden raised her brows, watching them leave before turning back to her surrogate kids.
"If you need anything - and I mean anything... If something comes up that you don't think you can handle or whatever, just call me and I'll be right there. I'm all healed up, so I'm just a teleport away." She told them, pointing at each of them in turn.
"Understood." Jack nodded for a third time.
"Nothing will happen, mom." Willow chuckled. "But, sure. If it'll make you feel better, I'll call if even the slightest little thing does."
"Good. I love you both. Stay safe. Don't do anything I wouldn't." Eden shot them a playful glare before smirking and walking off.
"Well, that's the food shopping cancelled then." Willow mumbled.
"I heard that!" The Dark Angel called back.
As soon as the Bunker door closed, Willow looked to Jack.
"How about we get the groceries out of the way and then we make a pillow fort in the Dean Cave?" She suggested.
"What's a pillow fort?" Jack frowned.
The young Vampire chuckled, shaking her head.
"You've got a lot to learn, my young Padawan."