Chapter Twelve - Mrs Samuel Colt

Eventually, the pair arrived at a lone cabin in the middle of nowhere. Elizabeth's heart was hammering in her chest at was was possibly about to happen.
"Roughly twenty miles out. No one seems to be around. Though, I can hear breathing in the cabin." Elizabeth stated as she dropped down from her horse, tying him up on a nearby post.
She chuckled at the sight of Sam scrambling off his horse, looking awfully jelly-legged.
"Great. Just the one?" He asked.
Elizabeth closed her eyes, focusing her hearing on the building in front of them.
"Yeah. Just the one." She replied. "You go ahead. I'll step in as the familiar face if needed."
Sam nodded, handing the Vampire his reigns. He gave her a small smile before turning to walk towards the cabin.
Elizabeth watched as Sam hesitantly entered the building.
"Hello?" He called out.

Barely two minutes later, it didn't sound like Colt was budging. He'd believed Sam when he said he was from the future easy enough, which didn't overly surprise the Vampire, but when Colt told the Winchester that he was retired and wasn't interested in killing a Phoenix, Elizabeth decided it was time to get involved.
She walked straight up to the cabin door and threw it open.
"Samuel Colt, I don't want to hear any of that retired crap. Where's that insatiable Hunter attitude I always admired in you?" She cocked a brow, ignoring every inch of her body screaming at her that this was a mistake.
Colt stood up from his desk chair with wide eyes and parted lips.
"Elizabeth? That you?" He gasped.
"Hi, honey. I'm home."
Sam clearly noticed the cloud of grey tension in the room.
"Am I missing something here?" He asked.
"Mister Winchester, I'd like to introduce you to my wife; Elizabeth Colt." Samuel said.
Sam's eyes turned to saucers.
"Ah, yes. I was married." Elizabeth chuckled nervously.
"You two are already acquainted?" Colt frowned.
The Vampire walked over to the man, taking his hands in hers.
"I'm not Elizabeth Colt from eighteen sixty-one, love. I'm back to Elizabeth Smythe. I traveled back in time with Sam and his brother to find the Phoenix." Elizabeth explained.
"Wait... Hold up." Sam squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to wrap everything round his head. "Were you planning on telling us you were married to the guy we've been looking for all this time? Did you know where he was all along?"
Elizabeth shrugged.
"If the matter of my marital status ever needed addressing, then yes, I would've told you. As I just have. As for knowing where he was, no, I didn't. Civil War era is a bit blurry for me."
"Civil War?" Colt frowned, only to be ignored.
"So why isn't your past self here right now?" Sam asked.
"My wife is on a hunt." Colt informed him. "She is due to return in two weeks."
"Oh good. Because we can only be here for twenty four hours and we've already used up most of that." Elizabeth sighed a breath of relief.
"Look, this reunion has been great and all, but we need to kill this Phoenix. It's ashes are the only thing that can kill the monster I'm hunting. So can we stow our crap for a few hours until we get the job done? Because we gotta go now. So either, you're coming with us or we need the gun." Sam huffed.
"What gun?" Colt frowned.
"The gun, Samuel." Elizabeth gave him a look.
"Oh! That gun. I lost it in a game of stud." He shrugged.
"Don't think you can lie to me, sir. I know you better than you know yourself." Elizabeth cocked an eyebrow.
"That doesn't sound like me." Colt chuckled.
"You shot a couple of Demons with it less than an hour ago." Sam sighed.
"How do you figure?" The gun maker asked.
Sam inhaled deeply, walking towards the front door of the cabin.
"Two pairs of boot prints." He said, pointing to some dusty outlines on the floor. "And the cabin reeks of sulphur."
Colt tilted his head in Sam's direction with curiosity and awe.
"Not bad." He nodded, opening up his jacket to reveal the gun in question.
"He was just showing off." Elizabeth smirked. "I know you have the gun because you give it to me in about ten months' time."
"Well, that's just cheating." Colt chuckled.
"So is lying. But this isn't poker. So, come on. We're rapidly running out of time. Either come with us or give me the gun and I'll make sure it's returned to you when we're done with it." Elizabeth snapped.
Colt looked at her with a mixture of shock and pride.
"I see time hasn't affected the fire in your heart." He chuckled, pulling the gun from its holster. "Have it. But remember to have it returned so that I may gift it to you properly ten months hence."
Elizabeth smiled, taking the gun from him to slip into her belt.
"Thank you, Samuel." She said softly, leaning up to place a gentle kiss on his cheek.
"Go get yourself a Phoenix, darlin'." Colt gave her a half-smile, squeezing her hand.