Chapter One Hundred and Thirty-Nine - Morehead Tunnels

The walk to the Morehead Tunnels took a few hours. They stopped outside the entrance to grab the weapons they'd need.
"Alright, here's the plan," Sam started. "Stay close, keep walking. If anything moves, kill it."
"Let's do this." Dean announced, adjusting a glow stick around his neck before heading towards the large, heavily rusted steel doors that blocked their path.
Sam went ahead and pulled back the sheet metal, holding it back to let everyone pass.
Once everyone was in, Eden placed a hand on the metal and nodded for Sam to go through before following him.
With everyone's flashlights on and glowsticks cracked, they began to make their way through the narrow, pitch black corridors with the upmost caution.
Floyd tripped not far in, startling Maggie so much that she screamed.
"Sorry." He uttered, looking to Dean who had his shotgun pointed at him. "Tripped."
The man turned back to see what had caused his fall, seeing a grey backpack with deep scratch marks down the front, a red running shoe next to it by a rock.
As they continued their walk, Eden picked up on a sound.
"Something's chewing up ahead." She whispered.
In the torchlight, Dean saw it first; a lone rabid Vamp not only drinking a dead man's blood, but eating the flesh as well.
"Here, let me." Sam uttered, slipping through the group.
It took a suspicious amount of time for the Vamp to even pick up on their presence, despite the amount of flashlights on it, but when it did, Sam raised his right hand and swung his machete straight through its neck before it could attack.
Dean simply nodded, continuing their venture through the tunnels.

The sound of water dripping into a pool up ahead made everything infinitely more off-putting. Eden looked back at Sam, who was walking backwards to see if they were being followed.
"I don't like this." She said. "It's too quiet."
As if rehearsed, a rabid Vamp grabbed Maggie by her backpack, snarling like an animal. She screamed, falling forward into Floyd's arms. Dean stepped in, moving to kill it, but it slipped away before he could.
"You alright?" He asked, looking back at the panting girl, who gave a hummed nod. "Let's keep moving."

They eventually came to a slight cavernous space, where the origin of the dripping water was found to be a hole in the ceiling that allowed in minimal daylight. Off in different directions were various other corridors, forcing them to gather to try and find their bearings.
Dean looked the corridors over, noticing a minor problem.
"Hey, we got a blocked passage over here; we need to move some rocks." He called, looking to the group.
Castiel and Gabriel silently volunteered; moving passed him to the blocked corridor.
As they started the work, rustling and scampering could be heard from down the other passages, drawing everyone's attention.
"Is it just me, or does that sound like..." Eden trailed off as the frown on her face deepened.
"They're circling us." Sam finished for her, his eyes sharply turning in every direction as more sounds came from down the halls. "Everyone be on your guard."
Just as he started to walk towards one of the passage openings, a rabid Vamp came from out of the darkness of another one, grabbing Floyd. The man yelled as he was dragged backwards.
Maggie ran to his aid, shoving the Vamp, but it was no use. Two more came out of the shadows as Eden went to intervene, stopping her in her tracks.
Her eyes widened as they both came at her. She wasn't even scared for herself. It was the fact that she could no longer see Sam or Dean.
They lunged at her, fangs at the ready. Eden grabbed one's head and threw it backwards over her shoulder, giving her half a second to lay her eyes on Sam before the other attacked.
She instinctively put her arm up in defence. What a mistake that was...
The rabid Vamp bit down, making her cry out in agony.
"Eden!" Sam yelled, running to her aid.
He swung as hard as he could, his machete tearing through the Vamp's neck with ease.
"Thanks." She panted, seeing more coming from down several passages. "Bloody hell... There's too many of them."
One came out of the shadows, grabbing Sam. Eden bore her fangs and jumped onto it's back, ripping it's throat out from the side, not stopping until it's head rolled onto the floor and she fell with its lifeless body.
Over half a dozen piled out from the corridors, keeping everyone more than busy. No one could keep up.
Dean took out one that was about to kill Maggie before another pinned him to the wall.
Eden ran for it, ripping Dean from its grasp.
Behind her, Sam was struggling with two of them. He fell to his knees as they looked over.
"Sammy!" Dean yelled.
Eden Vamp sped over, but not in time as three cut her off. They attacked as one of the ones holding Sam bit into his neck, ripping out a mouthful of flesh.
"Sam!" The Dark Angel screamed, struggling through the grasp of the three Vamps.
Blood poured from Sam's neck as he gasped out through pain.
Dean punched a Vamp off himself as another jumped him.
Eden went to rip off the head of one of hers, but they were too strong. They shoved her to the floor as the other Vamps dragged Sam's body away.
"Close your eyes!" She roared, giving everyone a few seconds to do as she'd asked before she let out an anguished scream.
Every Vamp in the immediate vicinity stopped their attack, arching their backs as black smoke poured from their eyes and mouths, falling to the floor.
Eden got to her feet and started in the direction Sam was dragged, but Cas ran to her and pulled her back, shining his flashlight down the passage. The light illuminated several dozen more Vamps all trying to get a piece of an unseen Sam.
"You can't! It's a death sentence." He told her. "For all of us. He's gone, I'm sorry, but we need to go."
"No!" Dean and Eden protested, shoving passed the Angel.
"We don't have time!" Cas retorted, grabbing them both to put himself between them and the Vamps.
Eden collapsed on the floor as tears streamed down her face, her grief-stricken wail echoing throughout the cavernous space. Her subconscious brought her fingertips to her engagement ring, balling one fist around the other as Cas put her arm over his shoulders and picked her up from the floor.
"We need to go." He said.
"I'm not leaving here without him!" Dean's voice cracked.
"We can't save him." Cas looked up with him through watery eyes, his teeth gritted.
The older brother's wide eyes darted between the Angel, Eden and the pitch black passage as he thought over options.
"We need to go." Castiel repeated.