Chapter One Hundred - Winchester Goes Bye-Bye

The weeks dragged on with no sign of the boys. Eden's injuries had healed enough for her to get back to being out on the road again, but her powers still weren't back. For now, she was just a glorified Vampire with wings – wings that looked like they'd seen better days. They were matted and bony – a visual representation of just how weak she still was.
Between the three of them and Eden's contacts, they'd scouted almost every known detention facility they could find.
Crowley was being no help, either. He'd chosen now, of all times, to quit playing ball - probably due to the fact that Eden could no longer threaten to snap him out of existence.

Mary sat in the kitchen, reading over John's journal for the countless time when Eden walked in for her morning dose of blood.
"Morning." Had become their usual exchange over the past weeks. There certainly hadn't been anything 'good' about it.
But this time was different. One of numerous phones in the Bunker rang.
"I'll get it." Mary said, getting up.
She came back five minutes later, saying she had to help some Witch/Hunter twins with a Werewolf pack. Eden had offered to help, insisting there wasn't anything she could do except roam the Bunker as usual, but Mary had told her no and gone before Eden had a chance to protest.

More weeks passed and Mary had spent less and less time in the Bunker, saying it reminded her of them and that it was painful. She couldn't understand how Eden managed to wake up day after day without them there.
Eventually, Mary and Eden decided it was time to reconvene with Castiel, who'd been busy travelling the country for more possible answers.
They met up at a non-descript bar.
"Thanks for meeting us." Mary told him as she sat with a glass of whiskey in front of her. "I just wanted to say – in person – that I'm sorry. I was angry and... Sam and Dean was not your fault."
"No, you were right. I should never have left them. I... Have either of you heard anything?" Cas asked.
"Nothing of use from any of my Vampires. It's been radio silence in particular this week. Either a Hunter's caught up with them or they've just got nothing to report." Eden sighed.
"All my law enforcement contacts are retired or dead. I'm trying, but..." Mary huffed, looking down at her drink. "You?"
Castiel shook his head.
"I keep telling myself they're fine. They've only been gone-"
"Six weeks, two days and ten hours." Cas and Eden said in unison.
"We'll find them. We will. Until then, we just... We're doing our best." Mary gave a small smile that even she didn't believe.
"Are we?" Cas asked. "Did you hear about the murders in Lancaster, Missouri?"
"No..." The two women replied.
"The women with their throats ripped out, blood drained." The Angel elaborated.
"Vampire..." Mary sighed.
"I saw it on the news and I thought 'that's the sort of thing Sam and Dean would investigate. They would roll into town and save the day – kill the monsters...' But with them gone, I tried to work the case... I tried. But, I don't know what I did wrong, I asked questions, but maybe they were the wrong people or the wrong questions and I just... Never found it, never found the monster, never even got close." Castiel recalled.
"You should've called one of us." Eden told him. "That's what we do. We're here to help, Pigeon." She rested her head on his shoulder.
"Three more women died before I left town - before I ran away." The Angel continued.
"So, we go back. The three of us." Mary suggested.
"No. No, I'd only get in your way." Cas shook his head.
"We'll find them. We will. I don't care how long it takes." Eden told them, lifting her head from Cas' shoulder.
Mary simply nodded in agreement, giving another small smile.

Two more weeks passed and still no news. Mary had gone to Missouri to take care of the Vampire problem Castiel gave up hope on. The Light and Dark Angel seemed to do nothing anymore except sit around in the Bunker in the dark and answer the occasional phone call to say that there'd been no news.
Until...
Cas' phone rang. Something it never did.
"What?" He grumbled into the speaker.
"Cas."
"Dean?" Cas looked to Eden, who was sat next to him drinking blood.
Her eyes widened at the mention of the older brother and Castiel quickly put the phone on speaker, placing it back down on the library table.
"Hey, buddy, long time." Dean replied.
"Dean, where the Hell are you?" Eden asked.
"Hey, Vampy Pants. We got no clue. Uh..." He paused as Sam looked at a map he'd found. "Looks like we're in Colorado."
"Yeah, Rocky Mountain National Park. Uh, if we head north, we should hit state road thirty-four... Eventually." Sam said.
"Did you get that?" Dean asked.
"Yep." Eden said, downing her blood and already grabbing her keys from her pocket.
"Alright, meet us there." Dean told them.
"Wait, where?" Cas pressed.
"Just drive along the road and you'll see us. And guys, the sooner the better, we're kinda on the clock here." The older brother replied.
"Already leaving." Eden called, jogging towards the stairs as Dean hung up the phone. "Pigeon, come on!"
"I'm calling Mary!" He retorted, following her.