Chapter One Hundred and Nine - Memorable Past, Infinite Future

On the way to Sioux Falls, Sam called ahead, but got no response. That only worried everyone a thousand times more.
"Oh, no..." Eden groaned, seeing Mary's car parked outside Jody's house.
"You stay here with her ladyship. We've got this." Dean instructed, stopping the car and getting out.
After a few minutes, Sam slipped out of the front door, motioning for Eden to bring Toni in.
"Yeah, when she clocked me out of the blue, I thought she was a Demon. I had no idea that brainwashing could be so thorough." Jody was saying as Eden and Toni walked in.
The Dark Angel closed and locked the door before letting go of the woman's arm.
"Heya, Jody." She smiled.
"Oh, Elizab- Eden... I meant Eden. Hey." The Sheriff grinned, walking over to hug her.
"I almost forgot you haven't seen me since everything happened." Eden chuckled, giving her a squeeze.
"Yeah, you were always busy with your Vampire town or, you know, dead." Jody cocked a brow, holding Eden by her elbows. "I'm glad you're okay."
"Yeah, me too." Eden nodded, frowning at the bruise on the Sheriff's cheekbone. "Want me to take care of that?"
Jody looked to Dean on the couch, who nodded.
"Uh, sure." She shrugged, clearly not entirely aware of what she meant.
Eden hovered her hand over Jody's cheek, letting the black smoke work its magic. When she released her, Jody touched the previously painful spot, raising her brows.
"Wow. Handy." She smiled her signature, bright smile.
"Ain't it just." Dean commented, stretching out his leg as it was still stiff.
Eden looked over the Sheriff's shoulder, seeing Mary tied to a chair.
"Nice job." She uttered, noticing Alex out of the corner of her eye. "No way is that you, Alex." She gasped, moving over to give the brunette a hug. "Look at you! You've really settled into normalcy rather well, haven't you."
"Yeah." Alex nodded. "Med school and everything."
"If we could cut the pleasantries and small talk." Dean cut in as Jody walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.
"Awe. You wanna play mother to my son?" Mary spoke up. "He's all yours."
"Ouch, brainwashing made you bitchy as Hell, didn't it?" Eden cocked a brow.
"Almost as bitchy as you, sweetie." Mary gave an exaggerated smile.
"Yeah, keep dreaming." Eden uttered.
Dean just glared at his mother.
"Dean." Jody sighed. "That's not your mom."
"What's the matter, Dean? Am I too different from the Mary you know?" His mother asked. "Or too much the same?"
Sam wandered over to Toni.
"Do your thing." He said.
"Alright, you said you could fix her, so... Fix her." Dean looked up at the woman.
"I, um, well, I-"
"She lied." Mary cut the Brit off.
"What?" Sam's jaw clenched.
"Mary's programming. It's permanent." Toni told them.
"But you said-"
"You were going to kill me." The Brit cut Dean off. "The Mary that you know? The good Mary? She's hiding. Behind impenetrable psychic walls. And I'm afraid these walls... Well, they can't be torn down with grenades. Your mother can't be saved."
"So, what's stopping me now from giving Eden the okay to rip your throat out?" Sam growled, moving over to the dining table by Mary.
"Absolutely nothing." Dean replied.
Mary's phone rang next to Sam.
"Oh, goodie. I've been looking for a top up." A murderous glint appeared in Eden's eyes as she smiled.
"Hey, guys, hold up. Ketch keeps calling mom's phone." Sam sighed.
"I'll get it." Mary spoke up.
"Let it go to voicemail. I've been looking forward to watching Eden let loose on this bitch." Dean scoffed.
Sam leaned over, ending the call.
"Let's go for a walk with Toni, shall we, Dean?" Eden smiled brightly.
"Yeah, let's." The older brother nodded, grabbing Toni's arm.
"This is not going to stop!" Toni protested. "Soon enough, they'll find out you're alive and then... Well, if you want my advice; run."
"We're not running." Dean shook his head.
"Then, you die." The woman replied.
"Not bloody likely." Eden chuckled. "They could only catch us off-guard once and we rather spectacularly blew that chance up."
"We'll fight." Sam nodded. "Like Eden said, they were only gunna catch us once. With her power, plus as many Hunters as we can find. We've had far worse odds."
Dean thought it over, looking to Jody, who shrugged.
"Yeah. Yeah, okay." He nodded.
"Great, can I kill the bitch now?" Eden pointed a lazy finger at Toni.
"'Fraid not. We might need her for this." Sam replied, earning a frustrated, borderline childish whine from his love.