Chapter Thirty-Nine - Trouble at the Ice Cream Shop

The sound of ear-piercingly loud classic rock guitar woke Sam and Elizabeth up early the next morning.
Elizabeth pulled out her gun from under her pillow, Sam pulled out her spare under his. When she saw it was Dean, she pulled the blankets up over her unclothed body.
"Dean!" Elizabeth yelled. "Bloody Hell, you moron!"
"Nice reflexes." He commented, putting his phone away as he stood at the end of the bed. "Also, nice to see you two are back in the love sack."
"What the Hell is wrong with you?" Sam panted, desperately trying to slow his heart rate down. "We could've shot you."
"I still might." Elizabeth mumbled.
"Come on, Vampy Pants, you know you love me. Don't be like that." The older brother smirked. "But seriously, come on. We've got work to do."
He looked down, seeing a pile of their clothes at the foot of the bed, so picked them up and threw them at the pair before making his exit.
"Can I still shoot him?" Elizabeth groaned, planting her head back on the pillow. "Maybe not like, kill him... Just graze him or take out a kneecap or something."
Sam chuckled, leaning over to kiss her.
"'Fraid not. Cas wouldn't like it." He mumbled against her lips.
"Can't have the boyfriend being mad at me now, can we?" She smirked.

"Alright, what's up?" Sam asked as he entered the study with a cup of coffee and a glass of blood for Elizabeth.
She thanked him as he placed it down in front of her.
Dean was loading various weapons into a duffel bag.
"I called Cas, he said there was something going down in Missouri." The older brother said.
"What kind of something?" Sam asked.
"He said he couldn't talk about it over the phone."
"Why?" Sam frowned, perching himself on the table by Elizabeth.
"Because he is a weird... Guy, okay? He's a weird, dorky, little guy. But, he happens to have an army of Angels behind him and that... Even if I hate to say it, if we're gunna take a shot at Metatron, it might be useful." The older brother answered, wrapping up the First Blade to pack.
"Is that a good idea?" Elizabeth cocked an eyebrow.
"Yeah, do you really think we need that? Why don't we just leave it here?" Sam shrugged.
"We talked about this and we decided that-"
"No, in all fairness, we didn't decide. You did." The younger brother interrupted Dean, earning a nod of agreement from the Vampire, who sipped her blood.
"Okay, I decided that a hockey stick that can kill anything might come in handy. So, sue me." Dean retorted.
"How many times have we been around this block?" Sam scoffed. "Magic that powerful comes at a price, and right now, we don't know what that price is!"
"I'm fine." Dean said. "I'm fan-friggin-tastic."
"Oh, yes. Because me having to bear hug you out of mince-meating a Knight of Hell just last week totally means you're fine." Elizabeth replied.
Dean gave a dismissive glance to her, moving his eye line back to his brother.
"I'm not saying we bury the thing, I'm saying we just save it for when we really need it. Crowley, Metatron - the big boss fights." Sam told him. "You don't have to have it with you all the time, right? Just leave it... Please."
Dean looked slightly on edge, clearly annoyed but trying to hide it. But he shrugged and put the Blade back on the table.
"No problem." He gave a forced smile.
"Thank you." Sam sighed, giving Elizabeth a knowing glance as the older brother picked up the duffel bag and took it out to the car.
"It's getting bad, isn't it..." Elizabeth sighed.
"Yep. I'm not sure if I can take any more of this First Blade-induced crap." Sam huffed, taking a mouthful of coffee.

"Can it be placed on record that I really hate pantsuits?" Elizabeth mumbled as they walked up to the crime scene, buttoning up her black suit jacket.
"I'll put it on the minutes." Dean replied as they approached a local officer, going to grab their FBI badges.
"Agents Spears, Aguilera and Knowles?" The female officer asked. "FBI?"
"Uh-huh." Dean and Elizabeth looked just as disgusted as each other at the name choices.
"Your partner said you'd be along." The officer said, letting them pass.

The exterior of the Ice Cream parlour was a mess. It was all blown out like a bomb had gone off. But the interior was worse.
The shelves on the left side of the room behind the counter were hanging off; pots, pans and crockery strewn about everywhere. Bar stools were toppled over and there were bodies dotted around all over the place.
"Thank you for coming." Castiel greeted them.
"Spears, Aguilera and Knowles?" Sam cocked an eyebrow.
"I've noticed your alias' are usually the names of popular musicians." Cas gave a smile, clearly proud of his intuition.
"Wow..." Dean squinted.
Cas looked at him and gave a small sigh, before motioning into the shop.
"Come here, take a look at this." He said.
He led the trio over to a woman in a body bag. Her eyes had been burnt out, leaving only charred, black sockets.
"The other bodies are the same." He stated. "Burnt out husks."
"Okay, so what is this, some sort of mass smiting?" Dean asked.
"I don't know what this was." Cas replied, looking around the room. "I've never seen anything like it. Six Humans died here. And one Angel."
He moved over to a body on the floor, crouching down to lift the white sheet from over it.
"One of yours?" Sam frowned.
"He was a good soldier... This attack." Castiel rose to his feet. "I knew he wanted a war, but this... This is abhorrent - even for him."
"What do you think happened? Was it a solo job or was there someone else here?" Elizabeth wondered.
"I don't know... I wish I did." Cas replied.