Chapter Forty-Eight - Impala Sixty-Seven

Elizabeth slumped down in her chair in the diner they'd stopped at, sipping from her flask as the boys ate in silence. Dean was flicking though his phone and Sam was scanning over newspapers. She couldn't exactly describe herself as bored - that certainly wasn't the right word - but she wasn't feeling very entertained. As adorable as they looked with their frowns of concentration, it just wasn't enough.
There was a feeling though... Right behind her stomach. Something was coming, she could feel it. Something important.
"Cattle deaths a few towns over." Sam eventually spoke up. "Demon possibility or something."
"Oh good, something I can stab." Elizabeth sighed, sitting forward to lean her forearms on the table.
"Na, it says right there it's probably because of the drought." Dean replied, pointing over at the newspaper with his fork.
Elizabeth gave a half sigh, half groan as she lost her smile, slumping back down in her seat.
"So what are we doing here?" Sam asked.
"Uh, reason's right in your plate." The older brother replied as the younger folded up the newspaper to place on the edge of the table.
"What am I doing here?" Elizabeth huffed.
Dean frowned.
"Look, hot stuff, just because you don't eat doesn't mean we can go round skipping meals." He protested.
"You could be eating on the road whilst we go and find something we can actually use our skill sets on." Elizabeth mumbled into her flask before taking a sip.
Dean's text alert began to sound over and over again.
"Dude, you are blowing up. Who is that?" Sam asked, leaning over the table slightly.
"Process of elimination. The only person who texts him that isn't here. How's the boyfriend, Dean?" Elizabeth smirked.
"It's not Cas." Dean replied. "It's just, uh, you know, these alert thingies."
Elizabeth leaned over to Sam.
"Note how I didn't mention any names but he still knew who I was talking about." She smirked, earning a small chuckle from him.
"Okay, fine." Sam smiled. "Alerts for what?"
"You know, monster... Stuff." Dean said dismissively.
Sam and Elizabeth raised an eyebrow at each other.
"'Monster... Stuff.'" Elizabeth repeated, deadpan.
She gave another glance to Sam before using her Vampiric speed, snatching the phone from Dean's grasp to hand to the younger brother.
"Hey!" Dean protested. "Uh-uh. Give it back."
"What? Why?" Sam asked.
"If it's 'monster stuff' then three pairs of eyes are better than one, right?" Elizabeth smirked, leaning her head on Sam's bicep to look at the phone with him.
"Because privacy and... Stuff." Dean huffed.
"Oh, priva-" Sam cut himself off when he tapped on the phone screen, bringing up a dating page.
"Oh my God." Elizabeth gasped, her eyes widening as her open mouth turned up into a massive, amused grin.
"You're on a dating app?" Sam asked, eyebrows raised.
"Yeah, and you know what? Don't knock it until you try it. We can't all just have hot Hunter chicks with a blood fetish come strutting through our door." Dean replied, gesturing to them with his beer.
"I don't strut, I saunter." Elizabeth retorted.
"Nice screen name, Dean." Sam grinned, tipping his head to lower his voice an octave or so. "Impala sixty-seven."
"Alright, give it back. Come on." Dean sighed, holding out his hand.
"Shaylene, huh?" Sam chuckled, clearing his throat. "Dean, there are like, a million messages here."
"Yeah, check out her pic." Dean smirked.
Sam clicked on her profile and recoiled.
"Oh, wow... Okay." He stuttered. "Um. Okay. She's hot."
Elizabeth looked back over, seeing a brunette in a royal blue skater dress.
"Oh, wow..." She scoffed, her jaw dropping. "Is she bi?"
"No." Dean frowned. "I don't think so. Back off, tiger, she's mine."
He shuffled in his seat, holding out his hand again.
"But..." Sam held up a finger.
"But?" Elizabeth's attention peaked.
She looked up, obviously having zoned out of the last two conversation pieces.
"You guys bringing in a third party or something?" Dean smirked.
"What? No." Sam scrunched up his nose. "And if we were we wouldn't be discussing it with you. Anyway... But, she seems, um... Kind of... Available. Like, too available." He began to read from the messages. "'Oh baby, whatever you want. I'm burning up just thinking about you.'" He sniggered.
"Oh, wow." Elizabeth laughed.
"They get raunchier." Dean smirked.
"Yeah, yeah. I see that. It's like a 'Penthouse' letter." Sam frowned, his amused look still sticking firmly to the corners of his mouth.
"Ooh, let me see." Elizabeth gasped, taking the phone from the younger brother. She scrolled through as the boys paid close attention to her facial expressions. After one particular message, she dropped the phone back in front of Sam, scrunching up her nose in disgust. "Big regrets. Massive. The last thing I wanted to know was how big little Dean was."
"Why did you even look then?" Sam chuckled.
"I was trying to keep my eye line on her side of the conversation, but then it slipped and ew." The Vampire shuddered.
"Is her being 'too available' bad?" Dean frowned.
"No, it's not bad, Dean. It's too good to be true." Sam shrugged.
Dean clearly took some level of offence.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Is it so hard to believe that an attractive, red-blooded, American female could be interested in someone like me?" He asked. "And besides, you can't judge me for my sexting habits. I've seen what you two text about when you're not together and it's disgusting."
"Yeah, it is." Elizabeth smirked.
"You realise there's no guarantee 'Shaylene' is even Shaylene." The younger brother air-quoted. "I mean, for all you know, it could be some... Canadian trucker named Bruce..." He trailed off as he looked over, seeing a brunette in a plum, low cut dress walking over.
She and Dean made eye contact and waved.
Dean looked back over, seeing the flabbergasted expression on his company's faces.
"That look like a Bruce to you?" He smirked.
"I want some." Elizabeth breathed, still staring at her.
Sam slapped her arm.
"We detoured eight hours so you could get laid?" He asked as Dean rose from his seat.
"Yeah. Yeah." Dean nodded, pulling out some cash to drop on the table. "You know what? Lunch is on me and don't wait up."
Sam slumped down in his chair and scoffed as his brother walked off.
"Unbelievable." He mumbled.
"You could get laid too, if it makes you feel better." Elizabeth smirked, leaning over the table towards him.
Sam's gaze trailed over her as he thought about it.
"Yeah, let's go." He breathed, grabbing her hand as he stood up.