Chapter One Hundred and Sixty-One - A Plan Failed

When Eden landed, she saw Jack and Rowena crouched over the edge of the ash circle, looking like they were having some sort of argument.
"Jack..." She uttered, grabbing their attention.
"How... How did you find me?" Jack asked.
"Process of elimination." She replied. "Willow texted me. Told me you and Rowena had stopped by with the Book of the Damned to do some sort of spell. I only know of one spell in that book relevant to the current situation, so I concluded that you'd be here."
Jack didn't say anything, just turned back around to face a brass bowl he had in front of him, filled with spell ingredients.
"Perhaps you can shake the boy's mind." Rowena said, getting up. "The spell only works if there's a body. With what remains of Mary, it won't bring her back, especially in the state he's in."
Eden sighed.
"Squab, come back to the Bunker with me. We can talk about this."
"I'm not leaving without Mary. I won't." Jack snapped. "I have to make it right."
With that, he pushed out an arm, his hand outstretched towards the two women.
Rowena disappeared, Eden did not.
"Just, go away! I can handle this!" He shouted.
"You can't use your power on me, can you?" Eden frowned, her hand subconsciously falling to her abdomen.
"Your baby is overpowering me. I felt it." He mumbled. "I can't control you. So if you're not going to go away, help me."
Jack picked up a handful of ash and went to put it in the brass bowl with the other ingredients.
"Wait!" Eden huffed, approaching him. "If I can't make you stop this spell, I can at least help you to avoid bringing back something that definitely isn't Mary. Hold out your hands."
Jack did as asked, holding the ash pile in open palms.
"Thank you." He uttered.
"Don't thank me yet. I'm still not convinced this will work." She sighed, placing a hand over his. She then took a deep breath and raised her hand, separating the dirt and plant ash from Mary's, throwing what she didn't need back into the circle with her magic.
"Will it work now?" Jack asked.
"It'll stand a better chance, at least." Eden nodded, moving over to the ash circle.
She stretched out her hand again, over the circle, closed her eyes and raised the hand again. This time, it was the rest of Mary's ashes she'd summoned, throwing them into the bowl with the section Jack had picked up.
"Is that all of her?" The boy frowned into the bowl.
"Yes. Rowena said there needed to be a body for the spell to work? Well, that's technically a body. Or, at least, a body's worth of ashes." Eden replied as her phone rang. She took it from her pocket, seeing 'Impala 2' flash up on the screen. Sighing, she walked back towards the cabin. "Don't you dare start without me. I want this to go as smoothly as possible and I'm sure you do, too."
"Eden? Are you alright?" Sam asked as she put the phone to her ear.
"I'm fine."
"What's going on? Rowena said Jack was trying to resurrect mom but it won't work." Dean spoke up.
"I've tried stopping him, but he's dead set on this. So, I'm helping him." Eden sighed.
"You're what?" The boys exclaimed.
"I've got a theory. I used my magic, got every single speck of Mary's ashes so... Technically, there's a body... Of sorts. It should help the spell to work a little bit better." She replied. "Think about it, if we can bring her back, you'll be fine and it'll help Jack in the process. You should see him right now. He genuinely didn't mean to hurt anyone – least of all, your mother. This spell is a good thing."
"There's no talking either of you out of this, is there?" Sam uttered.
"Me? Probably. I'm still not entirely convinced. Jack? Not a chance." Eden replied. "Don't worry. If we don't manage to bring her back, we'll deal with whatever we do bring back."
"Fine. Just... Don't get yourself hurt. We're on our way." The younger brother told her. "I love you."
"Love you, too."
Hanging up, she walked back over to Jack, seeing him pull out a box of matches from his pocket.
"Ready?" He asked, earning a nod.
Jack nodded back, struck a match and tossed it into the bowl, making the whole thing ignite in a bright orange flame.
He then stood up, picking up the Book of the Damned in the process and began to recite the spell, circling the bowl.
After one and a half rotations, the burning contents of the bowl began to glow bright purple.
Above them, low, lilac clouds began to form, adjoined with the sound of thunder.