Chapter One Hundred and Seventy-Seven - Purgatory

"Eden!" Dean yelled through the Bunker. "Eden, get your ass out here, we've got a situation!"
The Dark Angel appeared in the War room.
"Jeez, you don't have to yell. I can hear you no matter what." She huffed. "What's going on?"
"Chuck happened. He's got Sam, Willow and Eileen." The Winchester replied, sitting in front of his laptop at the map table.
Eden's eyes widened, her heart skipping a terrified beat.
"He what?"
"I'm tracking Sam's phone." He continued. "Okay, here we go. Milford, Nebraska. At a casino. What the Hell is Chuck doing at a casino? Whatever, we need to go."
"To Purgatory..." Cas added as Dean got up.
"Chuck has Sam. I'm not leaving him." The Winchester raised his voice.
"Chuck's not gunna kill him. That's not the ending." The Angel countered.
"Then he'll torture him!" Dean defended, going to walk off.
"Dean, would you just stop? Stop being so stupid." Castiel ordered, making the older brother stop in his tracks and turn to face him.
"What?"
"If we attack Chuck now, we don't have anything that can hurt him. If we get that Leviathan Blossom, complete Michael's spell, build the Cage, that's our chance. That's the way we'll save Sam. And that's the way we'll save the world." The Angel told him.
Dean sighed, looking to Eden.
"What about you? What are you gunna do?"
Eden had accidentally put herself in a trance-like state as she tried to think her options over. She'd barely even registered Dean and Cas arguing.
"We can't involve her in all this. She's just going to go to try and save Sam and the girls and that could put the baby at risk." Castiel pointed out.
"Bloody Hell, if one more person insinuates that I am somehow vulnerable or incapable of doing something because of this pregnancy, so help me, I will hurt someone." The Dark Angel snapped. "I think... We should continue the plan and go to Purgatory. Between Sam, Willow and Eileen, they'll think of something. We have a time limit on our mission, they don't. Sam won't let Willow or Eileen die. If nothing else, we get the Leviathan Blossom, come back and then we can go and help. Not before."
Dean sighed again.
"Fine. But if my brother or my niece gets hurt because we weren't there, I will never forgive either of you. Ever." He pointed an accusing finger between his company before walking off.
"Believe me, I won't forgive myself..."  Eden mumbled, following him out.

"Hey, Vampy Pants." Dean called as he entered the study. "Remember this?"
The Dark Angel turned around, seeing him with a massive grin, holding up the makeshift obsideon weapon he'd forged during their last visit to Purgatory.
"Holy crap. You kept it." She chuckled.
"Hell yeah, I did. No way I was scrappin' this baby. Son of a bitch's got memories." He smirked, twisting it around in his hand.
"Not all great, if you remember." Castiel sighed, looking bored.
"True..." Eden pointed to him. "A year of Purgatory followed by two years in Heaven's jail wasn't exactly pleasant for me, I can tell you that much."
"Alright, that's enough of the trip down depressing memory lane." Dean huffed. "Let's go."

Through the portal, Purgatory was consumed by darkness.
"I mean, how the Hell are we supposed to even know what we're looking for here?" Dean asked, casting his flashlight beam through the trees. "You know, Michael could've done us a solid and drawn us a picture."
"At a guess, I'd say a flower that looks so repulsive, it reminds you of a Leviathan." Eden replied.
"You know, of all the time I've been in Purgatory, I've never seen a bloom of any kind." Castiel commented.
"Yeah, exactly." Dean nodded.
"Well, if we see it, we'll know. It's likely the only flower here." The Angel sighed.
"Alright, well, maybe we'll run into Benny. He's probably king of this place by now." Dean took out his phone, checking how much time they had left before the portal closed. "Okay, let's split up."
"What?" Castiel hissed through gritted teeth.
"You go that way, Eden goes that way, I'll go this way." The Winchester continued, pointing in several directions in front of him.
"You're joking, right?" Eden scoffed in disbelief.
"We'll meet back at the rift, alright? We'll cover more ground, better our odds."
"Yeah, we'll also improve our odds of getting lost or killed." Cas retorted, earning an almost playful glare from the man next to him. "Come on."
With that, he walked off.