Chapter Forty-Three - Game Over, Man

The weeks went by...
Dean had quickly grown tired of Elizabeth's constant complaining that she was hungry, so had tried to force feed her some random guy.
"I'd rather starve." She'd uttered.
Dean had shrugged.
"Suit yourself."
Crowley had resorted to zapping off to the local hospitals and blood banks to get her some blood bags whilst Dean was occupied with karaoke or the random hook up of the night.
Oh, the random hook ups... Elizabeth soon realised that she vastly preferred a soulless Sam when it came to the random hook ups. At least he picked his moments. Dean just walked by a girl and the next thing she knew, they were off screwing in the next room.
More often than not, he never even waited until Crowley and Elizabeth had left the room.
More often than not, he hadn't even bothered to cross the motel room far enough to have said random hook up in his bed.
More often than not, they'd re-entered the room to a sight neither of them wanted to see – especially Elizabeth. Demon Dean had a habit of wandering around the room buck naked.
The Vampire had given in, after a while – opting to go for the 'if you can't beat them, join them' philosophy and resorted to laughing along with them at their jokes, taking stupid selfies in stupid hats, playing referee to endless games of foosball with other patrons – the bet being that the loser buys the drinks... Anything, so long as it didn't involve anything of a sexual nature.
She wasn't blind, though. As soon as Dean got a little too antsy, he conveniently whisked himself outside and someone would magically end up dead with a First Blade-sized wound in their body - it was like an addiction he couldn't kick. He needed to kill. Crowley had assured Elizabeth that they were worthless Demons, but the Vampire still knew that there was a Human in there somewhere.
She couldn't deny that, whilst Demon Dean was an asshole of the third degree, he was chivalrous, to some extent.
One of his previous bed-mates had been approached and man-handled by a guy, so Dean had decided to intervene.
Elizabeth had to pull him off the guy before he beat him to death with his bare hands.
That was the beginning of the end of the party. Week six rolled in and, after that, everything seemed to change rather rapidly.
Elizabeth and Crowley were sat at a table in another bar when the King of Hell's phone rang. He got up as he answered it, but didn't walk far enough away before giving away who it was on the other end – most likely for the Vampire's benefit.
"You're... Dead." He answered.
"Nope. Just using a dead man's phone." Sam replied.
"Moose! Took you long enough. Your brother, girlfriend and I were beginning to wonder if you'd hit another dog." The King of Hell smirked. "You know?" That was when Elizabeth's ears perked up.
Though, she wasn't sure whether she should take over the call or not. Sam most likely hated her for not being in touch all this time and she couldn't take the possibility of hearing such distain in his voice aimed at her – especially when she had a reason for not doing so. She couldn't risk him being killed and she certainly couldn't risk him being killed by his own brother, of all people.
"My brother is dead, Crowley." Sam retorted. "I know you have some freaking Demon parading around in his meat suit and, trust me, you are gunna pay for that."
"Moose, I'm afraid you haven't allowed yourself to dream quite big enough here. Your brother is very much alive, curtesy of the Mark. The only demonised soul inside Dean is his and his alone. Wee bit more twisted - a little more mangled beyond Human recognition, but I can assure you, all his. There, now, feel better?"
"And the Abaddon supporters you've been sending to kill him?" Sam asked. "How does Dean feel about that double cross?"
"If that's what you think is happening, then you're more out of your depths than I thought." Crowley told him.
"I don't know how you did this – what kinda black magic stunt you pulled, but hear me; I will save my brother or die trying." Sam swore.
"You know what tickles me about all this?" Crowley frowned, wandering away from the table. "Is what's really eating you up. You don't care that he's a Demon. Heck, you've been a Demon, we've all been Demons - no. It's that he's with me and Elizabeth and he's having the time of his life. You can't stand the fact that he's mine and together, we've taken your girl to join the ride on the fun bus. The fact that you haven't even mentioned her name is enough proof of that last little pointer. She's fine, by the way - still a little pissed off about the whole 'being away from you' thing, but you know what they say about going cold turkey - it only gets better with time."
"They're not your pets." Sam spat.
"My pets? They're my best friends. Hell, I only wanted a night out with my little Bat, but your brother rather violently insisted she stay. He didn't want her going back to you and being able to zap you both back here to ruin our fun." Crowley shrugged.
"I am going to find you. I am going to have Elizabeth back in my arms and then I'm going to save my brother and finally, I'm going to kill you, dead." Sam seethed.
"Well, that's the operative phrase, isn't it?" Crowley mumbled. "'Find you.' Good luck with that."
He was about to hang up, but Elizabeth was now behind him and grabbed the phone from him.
"Sam? We're in a bar called the Black Sp-"
Dean came out of nowhere, ripping the phone from her fingers so hard she thought they might break, forcing her to drop the phone.
Crowley picked it up from the floor, giving the Vampire a glance as he walked away.
"He's not coming." Dean hissed in her face. "How many times do I have to remind you of that before it gets into that skull of yours?"
Dean released her with a violent jolt. Elizabeth cupped her other hand around her fingers – that Mark definitely gave him more strength than she was used to.
That was it. The small amount of trust he'd given her was gone and it was tense all over again.
"Crowley. A word." Dean grumbled, going towards the bar.
Crowley looked back over to Elizabeth.
"You should've stayed out of it, little Bat." He mumbled, walking away.