Chapter One Hundred and Sixty-Five - Welcome To The End

They appeared in a cemetery not far from town. Their first sight was Castiel, who was laying on the floor clutching his chest. They followed his horrified gaze to Jack, who was kneeling on the grass before Dean, who had the Equaliser to his head.
"Dean! Dean!" Sam yelled, breaking into a run towards his brother. "Dean, don't!"
"Stay back, Sam." Dean ordered.
"And you were right... All along." Jack continued his earlier conversation as Chuck walked up behind the Dark Angel and the younger Winchester.
"Decided to come after all, then?" Eden muttered.
"Decided I couldn't miss the fireworks." He shrugged. "And Willow hates me."
"Shocker..." She mumbled under her breath.
"I am a monster." Jack nodded, his eyes locked with Dean's.
"Do something." Sam whispered to the deity next to him. Studying his face, the Winchester frowned. "Wait, you're enjoying this."
Chuck, with a small, sly smirk, shushed him, not taking his eyes from Dean and Jack a few feet in front of them.
Dean cocked the gun, his hand shaking as his finger moved to the trigger.
Eden was about to step in and use her magic to take the gun from him...
But then he began to lower it.
Castiel staggered over in the background as Sam, Chuck and Eden took a step forward.
Dean uncocked the gun and threw it onto the grass to his left.
"No. Pick it up!" Chuck gasped, moving to Dean's side to point at the discarded weapon. "Pick it up."
"What the hell-"
"This isn't how the story is supposed to end." Chuck interrupted the older brother.
"The story?" Castiel scoffed as Jack rose to his feet.
"The story! The gathering storm, the gun, the father killing his own son! This is Abel and Isaac, this is epic!"
"Wait, what are you saying?" Dean frowned.
"He's saying he's been playing us..." Sam realised, earning a choked scoff from the deity. "This whole time."
"Come on." Chuck shook his head.
"Our entire lives! Mom, dad, this is all you because you wrote it all, right? Because... Because what? Because we're your favourite show? Because we're part of your story?"
"I can't bloody believe this..." Eden huffed, putting her fingers to her forehead.
"Okay, Dean? No offence, but your brother is stupid and crazy." Chuck said. "And that kid is still dangerous. So, pick up the gun. Pick it up and pull the trigger. And I'll bring her back - your mom."
Dean's expression was a foul one as he looked to Chuck with pure disgust.
"Low blow, Chuck. Even for you." Eden sneered.
The older brother took a step back towards Eden and Sam, shaking his head.
"No." He simply said. "No. My mom is my hero. And I miss her. And I will miss her every second of my life. But she would not want this. And it's not like you even really care, 'cause Sam's right. The apocalypse, the first go around, Lucifer and Michael. You knew everything that was going on. So, why the games, Chuck? Huh? Why don't you just snap your fingers and end it?"
"Look-"
"And every other bad thing we've been killing? Been dying for over?" Sam scoffed. "Where were you? Just sitting back and watching us suffer? So we can do this over and over and over again? Fighting? Losing people we love? When does it end? Tell me!"
Chuck paused for a moment before looking back to the older brother.
"Dean, don't do this."
"No can do. Because this? This isn't just a story. It's our lives. So, God or no God, you go to Hell." The older brother snapped, pointing an accusing finger at him.
Again, Chuck paused to think with a breathy chuckle.
"Fine. Have it your way."
He clicked his fingers and Jack cried out, slowly falling to his knees as white light poured from his eyes and mouth.
"Jack!" Eden yelled, running over and falling to her knees beside him, Castiel doing the same on his other side.
"Stop it." Dean's voice was low before it turned into a roar. "Stop it!"
He went for Chuck, who raised his arm and launched him backwards, only to crash into a gravestone.
"Jack, please, come on. You're more powerful than him, you can fight this!" Eden whimpered, her tears falling from her cheekbone to the boy's jacket.
"He's... Too strong. I can't." Jack groaned, the light still coming from his eye sockets and mouth.
Castiel put his fingers to Jack's forehead, desperately trying to heal him before it was too late.
"I can't do it. I'm not strong enough." He huffed.
"Let me." Eden shuffled forward, putting one hand on her abdomen and the other one replacing Castiel on Jack's forehead. "Come on, little baby, you can do this. Help me save your brother."
Black smoke flowed furiously out of Eden's hand, consuming the light from Jack's face.
In the background, Sam grabbed the Equaliser from the grass.
"Hey, Chuck!" He called.
Just as the deity turned around to face him, Sam fired, knocking Eden's attention.
"Sam, no!" She cried, her powers failing from the shock as the Winchester fell back with a bullet hole in his left shoulder.
Eden took her hand away as she glanced Chuck, who simply looked annoyed at the matching hole in his burgundy suit jacket.
"Fine. That's the way you want it?" He huffed, waving his hands out in front of him. "Story's over. Welcome to the end."