Chapter One Hundred and Eight - Trapped

"Can you... I dunno, punch the door down or something?" Sam asked Eden.
Eden disappeared, reappearing next to Dean up the stairs. He backed away, watching her punch with everything she had, but to no effect. It didn't even cause a scratch.
"The warding's too powerful. Whatever they did, they've done it well." She sighed. "Damn it, I should've felt it."
"You're damn right you should've." The older brother growled.
"That's enough. We've gotta figure out a plan." Sam huffed.
Eden appeared next to him.
"Well, we'd have more time if there wasn't one extra person taking up precious oxygen." She looked to Toni.
"How about we put that idea on the back-burner. I'm sure you'd rather her death be slow and that means she needs oxygen. Plus, you can use her for a blood supply." The younger brother replied.
Eden shrugged.
"I'm no longer fussed about how she dies."
"Great..." Toni sighed as Dean came back down the stairs.
"Let's just... See if we can at least get some sort of light in here. We should spread out. Once we've got some light, we can figure out a way to get out of here." Sam suggested.

"Alright, the garage?" The younger brother asked, walking into the basement where the other three were.
"Doors are warded, likely the same sort of thing keeping your precious attack dog in." Toni replied, glaring at Eden. "Plus, the walls are re-enforced steel."
"Okay, um, maybe we can get out through the air vents." Sam suggested.
"You wouldn't get far. There are choke points in the duct system, not even we could squeeze through." Toni retorted, motioning again to the Dark Angel.
"Okay, I say we kill her now." Dean spoke up. "I mean, you heard Ketch and Vampy Pants – said we had about three days of air left, so if we ice her, it buys us an extra day-ish. Plus, we gather her blood beforehand, it saves us being eaten by Eden long enough for us to figure out a plan."
"See, told you." Eden shrugged.
"I assure you Dean, I'm an extraordinarily shallow breather." Toni put a hand to her chest.
"Alright." Dean spun the knife in his hand, walking towards her.
"If we ever get out of here, I am the one who programmed your mother, which means I am the only one who can undo it. And since I assume you want mummy back, you need me." Toni continued.
"Trust the Brit to find the only viable reason there is to keep you alive." Eden grumbled, crossing her arms.
"You're British too." Toni squinted.
"I happen to share your accent. It doesn't make me British." The Dark Angel sneered.
"Does anyone believe her, though?" Dean asked. "About mom?"
"I don't know." Sam replied. "If she's lying, sure, we take her out. But mom's still out there brainwashed, if she's telling the truth then we do need her."
Dean sighed.
"Alright, you're so smart, how do we get out of here?" He smirked to the Brit.
"The only way out is to pull the manual override." Toni stated.
"Is that a thing?" Sam frowned.
"Oh, it is." Toni chuckled. "But it's outside the Bunker, where we can't reach it."
"Awesome." Dean huffed.
"Is anyone else feeling a bit claustrophobic?" Eden asked breathily.
"Wait a second. We're in a giant vault loaded down with occult books and lore. There's gotta be something, somewhere in here that- some item or hoodoo or a spell that can reverse the lockdown." Sam pointed out.

Eden found herself in her and Sam's bedroom, taking a couple of deep breaths, staring into her own eyes through the mirror. Her hands were trembling and her body felt a little warmer than usual.
After getting changed into a corset and leather pants, Eden joined the others in the library, lit up by camping lanterns, reading through as may books as they could get their hands on.
"Great. We're gunna die, but at least Eden looks good doing it." Dean commented.
"Corsets restrict the body and thus, the lungs – makes for shallower breathing. So this outfit is tactile, thank you very much." Eden retorted, sitting down next to Sam.
"Are you okay? You look a little pale." Sam frowned.
"I'm always pale." Eden cocked a brow.
"You know what I mean. You look paler than usual. Are you hungry?"
"No, I'm fine. It's just... A bit stuffy in here."
"If you're sure..." Sam looked sceptical.

"Hey, I think I've got something." The younger brother said after a while, looking down at the book in front of him. "When the Romani people here forced to assimilate in Europe, the Roma used a spell, the 'Abrogation ritual,' as an act of rebellion against their persecutors. 'The Devla' turns back complex mechanical processes – resets equipment, machinery."
"What's it take?" Dean asked.
"Seems like pretty basic ingredients. Nothing we don't already have. Oh..." Sam frowned.
"What?" Toni pressed.
"The mechanisms must be anointed with the blood of virgins..." Sam sighed.
Dean looked to Toni, raising his brows.
"Not even close..." The woman scoffed.
"Alright, well then, I guess we keep looking." The older brother shrugged, looking back down at the book in front of him.
"Or we fake it." Sam thought aloud.
"Excuse me?" Toni frowned.
"We fake it." He repeated. "I mean, I've read half a dozen purification rituals in the last hour. If we used one of those on our blood..."
"What, like re-virginise it?" Dean leaned back in his chair.
"Maybe." Sam shrugged.
"So, we purify the blood and then do the spell." Toni clarified. "Two step hybrid magic."
"Do excuse me while I go to the furthest possible area of the Bunker whilst you do this." Eden sighed.
"I thought you said you weren't hungry." Dean said.
"I'm not. But I'm feeling really claustrophobic in here and adding blood to my panic isn't going to help the situation." She replied, holding out her trembling hand as a demonstration. "Spending the entirety of Human history in a cave was bound to leave some scars, but this is just getting annoying. I'm fine. I'll be fine. I just need to separate myself from this a bit."
"Stop saying that." Sam snapped. "Stop saying you're fine when you're not. God, you even said down in the basement that you were feeling claustrophobic and I just ignored you. I thought it was just another one of your random quips." He sighed, running his hand down his face. Then, he walked over to her, taking her hands. "I'm so sorry, Baby. I should've listened."
"Yes, this is all very touching, but I don't particularly want to die in here, so can we maybe save the teen romance novel angst for later?" Toni spoke up.
"Alright, you and I are takin' a walk." Dean huffed, getting up from his seat.
As they left, Sam looked back to Eden, still feeling her hands shaking in his.
"I'm so sorry." He repeated.
"It's okay, Sam. It's not like you can do anything about it. We just need to hurry up and get out of here." Eden shrugged.
"Isn't there? Anything I can do, I mean." Sam frowned.
"Yes, there is." She cocked a brow, releasing her hands from his to cup his face. "Get us out of here."
Sam smiled, nodding as best he could within her grasp.
"I promise. I will." He said, leaning down to peck her lips.