Chapter Seventy-Four - She Made the Flowers Grow

Elizabeth woke up... Eventually. Two weeks later.
She still looked ill. Her eyes were encircled with bruise-like colouring, blue veins still visible all over her body, she'd lost a lot of weight - not that there was much to lose anyway. She'd also resorted to some state of madness. But she was feeding and she was awake and the boys took that as a win. Alexander, not so much. He suspected it was a 'calm before the storm' type situation. The Vampire had effectively been playing nurse to his friend and the Angel.
Speaking of which; Castiel had been in his room on bedrest, binging daytime TV reruns whilst the Winchesters went about their day to day lives, solving cases and following around suspected 'soulless people' clues that could lead to Amara.
Alexander was just getting back to the Bunker from a blood run when Sam called.
"Sam, I hope this call brings good news." He said as he closed the trunk of his car with a blood donation box hanging off his arm.
"It brings some sort of news." Sam replied. "We think we've found Amara. Or at least where she was. She's been with Crowley hauled up in some secret location. Crowley's had Demons cleaning up the soulless she's left behind."
"I see. Does that mean we can expect a visit from the Darkness sometime soon?" Alexander asked, walking down the stairs in the War room.
"No idea. The victim we spoke to said she looked about thirteen or so. So, she's growing fast. Though, we don't know how many more souls she has to consume before she's an adult." Sam sighed. "How's she doing?"
"Blabbering on about flowers and some enemy Vampire nests we took care of back in the day. I've just come back from stocking her up on the blood front. I hope from there we can hold a somewhat coherent conversation with her." Alexander replied. "I heard Castiel attempted to leave earlier today, but I think he gave up. It looks to me as though your Angel has some sort of post-traumatic stress from Rowena's spell - not that we can blame him."
"Right, thanks for letting me know. Well, keep me updated and I'll do the same this end." Sam told him. "And, Alexander, thank you for looking after them both. We really appreciate it."
"It's my pleasure. Elizabeth is family to me and Castiel is family to her." The Vampire gave a small smile.
"Right, bye." Sam said as he hung up the phone.

After Alexander had put away all of the blood bags bar two, he went to check on Castiel, who seemed to had finally plucked up the courage to leave the Bunker, as his room was empty and there was no other noise except for Elizabeth.
"Elizabeth, Flower? Are you hungry?" He asked as he walked into her and Sam's room.
"The birds were very loud last night." She replied with a deep, thoughtful expression on her face.
"Yes, my love." Alexander sighed, walking over to hand her a blood bag. "Here, drink up."
Elizabeth hadn't even fully acknowledged his presence yet, but took the bag and stuck the tube in her mouth all the same.
"Dean and Pigeon are so in love." She commented with her mouth full of plastic tubing.
"They seem to be the only ones who don't know that, Flower." Alexander sighed again, sipping from his own blood bag. And then he frowned. "Hold on, did you just imply that Dean and the Angel are the bir- you know what? Nevermind."
It was then that he received a text message. He pulled his phone out from the inside pocket of his suit jacket, seeing it was from Sam.
'Following a lead on Amara. Looks hopeful. Will update soon. SW'
Alexander gave a small smirk at the message.
"Looks like we might have you fixed up soon, Flower." He said.
"I'll be Eden again?" She asked.
Alexander's head jolted up to look at her.
"Dare I say that that was an actual response?" He cocked a brow.
"I want to be Eden." The girl said. "I miss Eden. She made the flowers grow."
"Yes, she did, my sweet." The Vampire smiled.

When the Winchesters finally returned, shortly followed by Castiel, Elizabeth had decided to go for a wander.
"'Liza, what are you doing out of bed?" Sam asked, walking over to hug her.
"She wanted to stretch her legs and see her boys." Alexander told them as he entered the War room. "We actually managed to have a conversation earlier - albeit a small one, but one nevertheless."
"That's great." Sam smiled, kissing his love's hair.
"I found Metatron." Castiel spoke up.
Elizabeth leaned out of Sam's grasp and hissed at the Angel.
"I don't like him." She frowned.
"No one does." Cas replied. "But he told me a few things about the Darkness. The most important being; she's God's sister."
"Aunty Amara, aunty Amara, aunty Amara." Elizabeth giggled in song.
"Well, I think that confirms the theory that God is the 'uncle' who locked Eden away in that cave." Alexander commented, taking a seat at the map table. "How did you boys get on finding Amara, anyway?"
"Well, we had her. But then Crowley showed up and it kinda all went to crap from there. We didn't even get to asking if she could fix Elizabeth." Dean huffed. "Cas, if you found Metatron, where is he?"
"I let him go." The Angel mumbled.
"You let him go?" The older brother exclaimed.
"He's not going anywhere." Cas retorted. "If he makes a move, if he draws the slightest attention, the full force of Angelkind will snuff him out. Look, you- none of you saw him, he is a Human - and a pitiable one at that. He's not a threat to us and, I mean, I put him in traction."
"Guys, bigger fish to fry here." Sam told him, going to release Elizabeth from his grasp, but she gripped his waist tighter, so he resumed hugging her. "Amara is in the wind."
"Yeah, God's freakin' sister..." Dean grumbled, clearly still quite unable to believe it.
"You said you were close. Dean, how did she get away?" Cas asked.
"I'm sorry, what part of 'God's freakin' sister' did you not understand? And like I said, Crowley showed up and it turned into a crap show. She overpowered me - end of story." The Winchester scoffed. He looked around, seeing bemused faces. "What's our plan here, fellas? You say you got everything you could outta Metatron, right? So, where on Earth are we gunna find an answer on how to stop her and fix 'Liza? I don't suppose God's decided to share any wisdom on the matter."
Sam's grip slightly tightened on Elizabeth at the mention of God, but settled quickly.
"I'll look into the lore." He said. "Can someone..." He trailed off, motioning to Elizabeth.
Cas moved around the table towards them, placing a hand on Elizabeth's shoulder.
She instantly unlinked her arms from Sam and replaced him with the Angel, who wrapped his arms around her shoulders.
"I wanna go see the flowers." She mumbled.
Cas and Dean frowned between each other.
"It's dark outside." The Angel told her.
"Is the moon out?" The girl asked.
"Yeah." Cas replied.
"Moonlight flowers." Elizabeth giggled, snuggling her face into his chest.
Cas sighed.
"I'll take her out. The fresh air might do her some good." He said.
"I'll get her some shoes." Alexander spoke up.
"No. No shoes." Elizabeth frowned. "I want it like the Garden."
Cas sighed again, shrugging to the man.