Chapter One Hundred and Seventy-One - Pure Bloods

A couple of weeks later, Eden's tiny little baby bump had started to blossom. Annoyed that she could no longer fit into most of her skinny jeans, she'd reluctantly opted for leggings unless wearing a dress. However, Dean had made it abundantly clear that he very much liked her in said leggings, so the dresses had made a full-time comeback for everyone's sake.
She and Sam were in the War room loading up for a hunt involving what local authorities were calling a Mountain Lion attack.
"Hey! Supply run is done." Dean barged through the Bunker door with a huge grin on his face as he came down the stairs with a full plastic bag in hand. "You know they make ghost pepper jerky?"
"Uh... You're not gunna like it." Sam replied.
"What are you talking about?" The older brother frowned, putting the road food down but keeping the pack of jerky in his other hand. "I like all jerkies."
"I've seen grown Demons eat ghost peppers and cry." Eden commented, sipping her blood with her feet up on the map table.
"Yeah, dude, ghost peppers are really hot." Sam added.
"Come on, they can't be that bad." Dean scoffed, sitting down at the table to rip the bag open.
He hummed in satisfaction as he picked one of the meaty treats out and bit off half.
Sam and Eden glanced to one another with an amused glint in their eyes, watching Dean chew with his mouth open.
He gave another hum and a half shrug, then turned around to release a pained breath.
The other two looked to each other again, stifling laughs.
"How is it?" Sam asked, making his brother turn back to them.
"It's good. It's really good. I like it." Dean stammered through heavy pants. "Good... Good flavour."
"Good. You should have another piece." The younger brother replied, pointing to the bag.
"Oh, no, that's fine." Dean shook his head, chipmunking the piece he still had in his mouth.
Eden leaned over, rummaging through the road food bag.
"Oh! Water. Sam, you want some? Need to stay hydrated, after all." She smirked.
"That's a great idea. Thank you, Baby." He replied, taking it from her to address Dean. "You mind if I..?" He gestured to the bottle.
The older brother waved a hand, looking as though he regretted every life decision up to this moment as he continued to chew. He then tapped the table, waving his hand again towards the bottle, swallowing a portion of the mouthful.
"What?" Sam asked nonchalantly as he unscrewed the cap.
"Water."
"Huh?" The younger brother pressed. "Oh, you want... Okay? Yeah, sure."
He screwed the lid back on and threw it over. Dean immediately began to chug it.
"I hear milk is better for that." Eden commented.
"Don't care." Dean gasped for breath. "Mountain Lion."
"What? I didn't really catch that." Sam frowned.
"The Mountain Lion. The case in Colorado with the Moun... The Mountain Lion." Dean elaborated between pants and more water.
"Say that again?" Sam teased.
"The case in Colorado with the Mountain Lion and the three dead. Where are we with that one?"
Sam turned to his laptop in the middle of the table with the article up on screen.
"Uh... We are at five." He replied.
"What?" Dean began to gag a little, making Eden giggle.
"We're up to five."
The older brother exhaled deeply, rubbing his eye with the ball of his palm.
"Then what are we doing here?" He chuckled, pouring the water from a height all over his face. "Oh, sweet mother... I'm gunna go get ready for..."
He trailed off, getting up and leaving the room.
"I'm glad I chose to procreate with the one with brains." Eden mused, smoothing her hand over her tiny bump, earning an amused hum and a wink from Sam.

On the drive to Colorado, Sam had fallen asleep in the passenger seat. When Eden and Dean noticed that he appeared to be having a nightmare, Eden scooted over so that she was behind him. She placed her fingers on his temples and closed her eyes, letting her magic do its work to take his nightmare from him.
But something pushed back. Like a shot of electricity, it jolted her back into the Impala's back seat.
"You okay? What happened?" Dean frowned, glancing back at her briefly.
"The spell didn't work. I don't know what's going on." She shrieked.
Sam awoke from his tortured sleep with a start.
"Are you okay?" Dean asked.
"Yeah, just, uh... Bad dream." He replied, pinching the bridge of his nose as he rubbed his eyes.
"Gee. Another one?" The older brother looked to Eden through the rear-view mirror, opting to keep the recent occurrence hush, at least for now. "Well, why don't you tell us about it? Come on, I'll Freud you. Keep me awake until we hit Colorado."
"You could always let me drive so that you can both get some sleep." Eden commented, leaning forward in her seat to give a weary side-eye to an oblivious Sam.
"I'm fine." He uttered.
Dean shrugged.
"Alright, Vampy Pants, you're up. I'm beat."
He pulled the car over and got out of the driver's seat, opening the back door and holding out a hand to help her out.