Part 26

Vijay somehow managed to reach the office in time and called for his Secretary to start the day as per the schedule and yes.. she was not there.

"what should i do with these good-for-nothing creatures" he fumes as his temper rising.

After and hour She entered into his Cabin "I'm Sorry sir.. Actually" she tried to explain before he cut her off.

"you are a whole bloody hour late. What the fuck do i pay for you? You are fired. Get the fuck out of my office now" he barked.

His veins were poping out of his neck and his face was slightly red as he was so busted.

After a minute A small smile spread over his face suddenly as he saw the notification of Priya's message.

He immediately opened her message. "I'm sorry I didn't prepared breakfast for you. Radha jii (maid) told me that you left without having breakfast.. Are you hungry? Should i send breakfast for you?"

He was literally blushing while reading her text "No priya I'm not hungry.. I'll order something after an hour.. I ll be late today as i need to attend a business party after six.. You just take care" he replied.

After lunch he called priya but she didn't attend his call and he continued with his work.

After the office time was over vijay called her again but she didn't attend his call. He hastily tried three more times, all went unanswered. "god damn Priya.. why don't you just pick my call" he muttered angrily.

Later he attend the party with Sana. After meeting the investors and associates of their new business he settled to one corner with none other than the Rogue Navdeep Khurana.

"It's been a while since we shared a drink.. Let's have some real fun today" said Navdeep and offered a glass to Vijay.

He wanted to know the truth behind his marriage with priya. He hopes to get some information from an intoxicated vijay..

Vijay took the glass from his hand. Navdeep watched vijay as he gulped his first shot, looking around the crowd, gauging the atmosphere and navdeep gave him another shot. Vijay took a sip of it and he just kept it there.

"what's wrong man?" asked navdeep.

"I don't feel like drinking" said Vijay.

"heyy.. Is it your wife's order? Biwi ho toh aisi" said navdeep teasingly.

"No.. Not at all.. Priya never tried to change any of my habits.." vijay said with a smile.

"ha.. Voh toh dikh raha hai.. Shadi ke baad bhi bada khush lag raha hai.. (even after marriage you look all happy)
You just suprised me with your marriage so she must be special i guess.. I do wanna meet her once" he said looking into vijay's eyes.

"yeah she is" said vijay to break Navdeep's heart into million pieces. He's boiling inside but he managed to control his rage.

Vijay's P.O.V:

This wild party suffocates me.
Honestly i want to go back to home.. Back to priya.. I don't know when it all started but i like being around her. I love to spend time with her, doing nothing but talking to her, eating her homemade food and I'm kinda getting restless thinking about her so i excused myself and left the party.

Author's P.O.V:

As soon as he reached the mansion, The maid informed him that Priya haven't eaten anything since morning.

He stromed into his room and his eyes fall on priya who lay on the bed wrapped in the duvet. He went near her and sat besides her, she looks so pale and weak.

The sweat on her forehead and the tears in her eyes showed that how much pain she is bearing.

"Priya.. You look awful. Are you okay?" he asked while tugging her hair strands behind her ear.

"I'm fine" she opened her eyes looked at him weakly.

"I don't think this is normal. Let's go to hospital" he said

"I don't want to go" said priya in a faint voice.

Vijay was worried as she didn't even had breakfast or lunch. So he go to kitchen to get something for priya.

He came back to his room with a glass of milk. He sat near priya and gently made her sit. He forward the glass to her and asked her to drink.

"But i don't like milk" she said.

"That i don't care, Just drink this" he said glaring.

somehow he managed to make her drink the milk.

Suddenly Priya clutch her stomach and tears comes out of her eyes. Vijay cannot see her in pain.. "What happened priya! It's ok" he wraps his arms around her giving her the most comforting hug.

"Priya go and get changed fast. We are going to the hospital" he said still hugging her.

"No I'm ok.. It's normal" said priya.

"Just don't make me repeat.. Do what i say, Get changed" he told her breaking the hug.

"Main teek hoon.. Please mujhe hospital nahi jana" she repeated.

"You are impossible.. Kyun nahi jana? Apni halat dekhi hai kitne pale hogayi ho.. You can't even sit properly and you're saying that you're fine.. Fine.. My foot.. Get ready now warna aise hi uthake lekar jaunga" He shouted getting irritated by her behaviour and priya flinched at his tone.

Vijay gets out from the room closing the door behind with a loud thud. He took his phone, dialled his family doctor's number. He informed her about priya's health and asked her to come ASAP.

Vijay come back to his room and went near her. Suddenly she leans on his chest and hugged his torso "Mujhe doctor ke paas nahi jana.. Woh injection lagaye ga.. Mujhe darr lagta hai" She pleaded closing her teary eyes and started sniffling.

He just don't know why she's affecting him so much and he can't see her crying.. He pecked her head, caressing her hair.

"listen.. Koi injection nahi lagayega.. I promise you.. Priya relax, I don't think this is just a cramp. you look so weak.. this is important.. Your health comes first and here you are behaving like a kid, our family doctor is on the way.. Tu tension na le.. Just relax" he said breaking the hug.

After sometime Dr.Anjali reached the mansion and examined priya.

"Vijay, I suggest you to do a blood test and ultrasound. Just get the tests done. It may be possible infection, endometriosis or Adenomyosis. Only after that we can say what the problem is. Now i will give her an injection for reducing the pain and some medicines too" said the doctor.

And priya looked at vijay panicked.

"Doctor Can you give tablet instead of the injection" asked vijay.

"Injection would be better but as you are asking, I ll prescribe a painkiller.. Make sure she get rest and drink plenty of water" said the doctor and left the mansion.