Part 47

Vijay breath a sigh of relief as Priya was back and infront of his eyes. He so wanted to hug her, taking her in his embrace after being missed her for week. But his Anger took over him in Seconds as she came back calm as if nothing happened.

"You came" she asked him, as no visible happiness evident in her face on seeing him after days. It surprised him as whenever he came back from office, her eyes twinkle with happiness.

"Where were you?" He asked her straight to the point. And priya is silent.

"Where were you?" he shouted. She flinched and still kept silence.

"Where was your damn phone? Why the hell were you not picking up my calls?" He asked controlling his anger.

She kept  quiet as she was anxious how to proceed and answer him. Her behaviour shocked him to the core.

"You are testing my patience. Tell me the truth. Where the fuck you have been?" He roared, shaking her shoulders.

"Went to met a friend of mine" she gulps looking down, not able to look into his eyes.

"Are you out of your mind? I don't know what has gotten into you. It's been two days, two fucking days I was worried. You were not even picking your damn phone. I was terrified thinking about you. Where the hell you are? Did you avoided my call purposely" he fumes at her.

Priya stood there numb, unaffected by any of his words. "Everything is finished" that's iwhat her mind keep shouting inside her.

He observed her face for a moment. Her cheeks are red, her lips bruised. She don't like fine to him.

"Priya, what's wrong tell me" he asked grabbing her hand.

"nothing" she whispered looking down.

"I know something is wrong.. tell me what's bothering you" he asked as he lifted her chin, made her look into his eyes.

"Say something, you are killing me" He didn't understand why Priya behaved like that. He was broken, disappointed and angry at the same time.

Gathering her courage she managed to speak "One year is over and i want a divorce"

"W-What?" Vijay's eyes widened as he stood there shocked. He look at her with shock visible in her face. And just hearing her say that his whole world stopped. He took a deep breath processing what she had said. He tried to keep his face void of any emotions he felt at the moment.

"What did you say?" He asked her in disbelief.

"I want a divorce".

"You really want a divorce? Are you sure of it?" He asked her, trying to keep his voice strong but failed as his voice breaks in between. He looked up to her to see her stiff in her place. She had a blank face the entire time

"Yes, i want a divorce. I want you to leave me alone forever" she stated plainly devoid of any emotions. He stood back flabbergasted by her outburst.

Priya painfully gulped the lump in her throat before she opened her mouth.

"we are done. I'm leaving. Our contract has ended. I need to go back to my home. You have done a lot for me. Thanks for everything. Now I think we should go back to our lives" Her voice barely audible. She felt like she would crumble any moment but she managed to say those words to him.

Vijay closed his eyes for a moment in shock. He was trying to process her words and finally lost his patience.For almost an hour he tried to deal to priya patiently. But not anymore. Endless questions appeared on his mind at the moment.

"Have you lost your mind? He growled as he took a dangerous step towards her. So you wanted to leave me?" He shouted at her.

Priya nodded and got up. Sign this for me and let me go, please?

She handed him the contract papers. Priya already signed those papers on the day of their marriage.

"Priya don't do this.. don't go" his voice sounded so broken.

"Just tell me what's your problem we'll fix this" He whispered controlling all the questions in his mind. Priya was surprised to hear him.

Layer of tears formed in her eyes seeing him this vulnerable. He was not ordering her instead, he's begging her to stay with him. He was not a man who beg at anyone in his life.

"I'm asking you one last time, Is this what you want? What happened in this two days that you are ready to leave this house?" He asked helplessly.

"I came here to say one last good bye. This is just a deal of marriage. A mere contact of one year. You are very clear from the start that we will be divorced in a year. and this relationship doesn't mean anything to you"

"You're not going anywhere. This relationship  ..means a lot.. It fucking means a lot me. You heard that. That's why i can never let you go. You're mine.. only mine.. in this life.. Next life and every life after that" he Stated locking her in his arm in a firm grip.

Unknowingly a few tears ran down priya's face.

"Do you love me" she asked as tears rolled down her eyes. She gave up to her feelings for a moment, forgetting the threats of Navdeep.

His eyes filled with a hint of intensity as their eyes met. He was about to confess his love for he when his phone rang. Seeing his secretary's name he recieved the call.

"Sir I've an important news to share with you" His secretary informed him in a serious tone.

"What it is?" Vijay asked without paying attention to the seriousness of her voice.

"Sir, Please check the message I've shared" she said.

Vijay opened her message to see the shock of his life.

                 ************

Friends,
Please do vote and comment your thoughts....