Part 55

Vijay's POV

I'm shocked and bewildered after i came out of the doctor's cabin. I'm not truly able to comprehend the news of Priya's pregnancy.

How is that possible? Most of the time I have used protection and other days she was on pill then how is it possible? I should have been more careful. It's my mistake. But now the damage is done. What should I do now? What if i tell her to get the baby terminated? No. I can never do that. I love her so much.

Priya used to get hurt whenever i asked her to take the pill. I've seen it in her eyes. But why? Does she love kids? Or wants to have one in future. Fuck! We never discussed anything about it.

I've noticed Priya for the past few weeks, something was off with her. She was feeling giddy, tired, and was sleeping most of the time. Now everything makes sense. But now a days I don't understand her anymore. I don't know how long she will keep things hidden from me.

Whatever big or small the problem may be. Why don't she trust me. Priya would have trust me enough to believe that I won't hurt her and i will not let anyone hurt her. Afterall trust is the base of any relationship.

One day she's pushing me away and the next day she's pulling me towards her. I don't get it. It confused me. Whenever there is a problem she just refused to talk. No words come out of her mouth except for tears.

Even if i ask Priya a thousand questions everything remain unanswered. Why don't she just communicate like grown ups do? Most of the time she behaves like a silly teenager. It's literally eating my head, frustrating me when she had no answers for any of my questions.

I need to discuss with Priya. But how will she react to this? I'm feeling so sorry for her. She must have forgotten to take the pill. I do love her so much, but the idea of being a father? I never gave a thought about it because I have never planned to have one. But now I can't deny the fact. The fact is, practically I'm a father now.

What if she wants to have the baby? I don't think I'm ready to be a father, It's a huge responsibility. Definitely, It's not among one of my life plans. I've never wanted to get married but eventually end up falling in love with her. But now, A baby? A baby in our world! How does it work? I don't really like kids. I'm kind of less tolerant towards them. I have no idea how to look after a baby. and She's also too young to cope up with a baby.

I just couldn't make a snap decision. I need to talk to Priya to get a clarity. Afterall it's her body, she has to decide whether to keep the baby or not. Her Life is going to change and She has to go through so much pain. I just can't even handle the delivery scene in movies. I used to skip the part. It freaks me out. I can't even think about it. I don't want to see her in any kind of pain. Priya is only twenty-one years old. She can't even handle a single injection then How will she deal with it all?

Is she ready to be a mother to a child? I don't think I am ready. I was so lost in my thoughts when i got a call from my secretary. I told her to put down all the business calls on hold and cancel all the appointments for the day.

Keeping my thoughts aside, I slowly moved towards the ward and saw priya who was sleeping, unconscious not knowing what was happening around her. I sat in the chair next to her. I don't know why but my eyes soon fixed on her stomach. I can't believe a little human is growing in her flat tummy and that little thing is mine. I don't exactly know what I'm feeling right now.

"Why is she still unconscious? It's been more than a hour" I asked the nurse as Priya was showing no signs of waking up.

"Don't worry, she is expected to wake up soon. Her fever begins to subside but bp is still high and She needs to rest" The nurse said.

Author's POV

After a few minutes Priya slowly opened her eyes.

"How are you feeling now?" He asked as soon as Priya opened her eyes.

"What happened? Where are we?" Priya asked squeezing her forehead.

"You fainted and now we are in hospital" he said to her and suddenly Priya began to panic.

"Now I'm perfectly fine. I need to go home. Please take me home now" she pleaded.

"What's wrong with you Priya. Just calm down. You need rest and we have an appointment to meet the gynaecologist in an hour" Vijay tried to explain her.

"Gynaecologist? Why? I'm fine now. I should home now. Please take me to home" Priya was trembling and in the verge of tears and he stood there flabbergasted.

"Priya, Are you crazy? Now a days your actions doesn't make any sense. Just be calm. And listen, Now I need to talk to you and it's very important" He told her but she looks so stressed and restless.

"No.. no..no please i have to go now" Priya stood up from the bed, ready to leave making Vijay fumes in anger.

"Priya are you Even listening to me or not? I need to talk" Vijay said strictly and She gulp her throat in nervousness.

Vijay composed myself and began to talk to her. "Priya, you are Pregnant!" He said after a long pause and her eyes widen in shock.