Part 6

Vijay still remember few conversations with priya when he returned back from states five years ago.. Priya used to visit his home.. she was a child at that time.. She was at her secondary school when he teach her..

Vijay was boiling inside. He felt trapped in some kind of cage. He felt like his dad is trying to control his life.

"How could dad even think of me marrying her?  Priya se baat krni hi hogi.. Usse baat karke usse manana hoga ki vo shadi ke liye na karde" vijay grumbled in disgust..

Priya couldn't sleep thinking of her fate.. As her last hope of getting a happy family shattered infront of her eyes.

"I'm so scared to even look at him how will i marry him krishna" she cried in front of lord krishna idol.

Just then Priya's phone started ringing and she went out to pick it. She attend the call but didn't know who was on the other line of the call.

"I'm Vijay" he said in a calm tone

"Sir aap.. kuch kaam hai kya" she started to panic.

"Oh.. so you remember me? What a surprise? He exclaimed in a sarcastic manner.

There was a silence and thinking for a moment she spoke

"Sir!" She stuttered.

"Priya" he said in his deep voice.

"I'm sorry sir.. maine kuch galat kiya hai kya?"

"Galat? Seriously? I'm in a mess that you created and I want you to fix it. Just Reject me. Say No to this marriage proposal. We don't have a future together and I just can't stand the thought of getting married. I can't turn down this proposal as my dad is threatening me. It's about his health, so i can't take risk" he said coldly.

"Sir but... " She started and vijay cuts her off saying "Do what I say" and cut the call.

Next day CS is happily making arrangements for vijay's marriage.

Vijay was getting ready for office and CS stopped him..

"you are getting married in a week and we have finish so many works in a short span of time so you don't need to go to office for a week i will manage everything. I want you to invite our close family members and office staffs.. You can invite your friends if you want to" he said to vijay.

"dad this ridiculous.. This whole drama of marriage is utter shit. I'm not into this. I need to go to office.. Also i want to talk to priya" vijay said mindlessly

"ohhh.. So desperate to talk to my bahu.. that's a good thing but don't try to change her decision.. Remember." His father warned him.

"why should i?? Who cares? If she's ok with my contract i don't have any problem. It's just a matter of one year so that I can get rid of your stupid marriage plans forever. At the end of the year she ll land up in trouble. It's just that i am feeling pity for her" he taunted

"that i will take care vijay.. you don't need to worry about that" CS said plainly.

"then go ahead with your plans dad.. don't tell me that i didn't warned you.. I'm leaving" he said with an evil smirk and left.

Vijay on his way to office go to priya's house to pick her and was ringing the calling bell.

In priya's home

Priya unknowingly spilled few drops of hot coffee on vidya's hand.. Vidya's mom vaani take the coffee cup and threw the entire cup of coffee on priya's hand.

You bitch you have taken advantage of your beauty in a great way by making a billionaire guy falling for you.. Now you are trying to burn my daughters hand she scolded her as priya winced in pain

Vaani opened the door and shocked to see vijay looking at her angrily..

Vaani greeted vijay to her house and made him sit.

"Where's Priya? Call her now" he ordered.

Vaani called priya and she came their wiping her tears and hiding her burning hand..

"look priya get ready in 5mins.. I wanna take you out" said vijay

"but sir i am getting late for office" she stammered.

"You won't be working anymore" he said sternly while she stared at him in disbelief.

"I don't have much time.. Get ready fast" he said.

His voice startled her but she blinked her eyes hiding her shaky hands. As she is already upset and not in a mood to say anything she gets ready to go with him.

"sir I'm ready" Priya came out wearing a simple salwar.

"ok fine we are leaving" Vijay said as he took Priya's hand and she winced in pain, struggling in his painful grip at her wrists.

He took her hand forcibly and checked her. Her hand is all burnt and reddish and his anger goes out of control. "What happened to you hand?" He asked her.

"It's nothing. Just a small accident sir" she lied.

"I hate liars. Who did this to you? Tell me" he almost shouted. Priya flinch at his tone and kept her gaze low.

Vijay already heard whatever vaani abused Priya but decided to remain silent. But after looking at her hand he couldn't control his anger. He felt a slight ache in his heart to see her in pain.

"How dare you touch priya" his eyes filled with rage.

"As i made up my mind to marry her, I can't see my women getting abused or bullied by someone. As you are getting paid for getting Priya married to me you don't have any rights to touch her anymore. If you dare to raise her voice against her ever again that will be the end of you" he warned vaani.

"Getting paid!" The word pricked her heart but Priya chose to accept it as it's the truth.

"I apologise please don't do anything. I spilled the coffee in her hands by mistake.. I didn't do it intentionally" pleaded Vaani trying to justify.

"If you hurt her ever again, you won't live long enough to apologise" he warned her giving a deadly stare much to Priya's surprise.

But the truth is Vijay don't want to marry Priya. He wanted to meet her, just to change her decision on marriage but he is hurt to see her in pain and somewhere he wanted to keep her safe as he felt pity for her.

Priya stood there in a shock. She couldn't believe her ears. Mr. Grumpy and she is in two minds whether she should be happy or not. Vijay is the first man who took her side. She couldn't believe what just happened. She stood there thinking.

Vijay snapped his fingers to get her attention and priya looks at him "Shall we move?" he asked her..

"yes sir" she said and turned to his step mom to ask her permission.

"no need" he said sternly and walked away holding Priya's hand.