Part 50

Next day vijay woke up with a heavy head while holding a beer bottle on his chest. All thanks to the couple of bottles he drank last night. When he open his eyes, All he could feel was emptiness. "I love Navdeep" her words kept ringing in his ears. "I hate you Priya I hate you" he muttered as he stood up.

Priya reached the mansion while chanting prayers, not to break down infront of vijay. As she was moving upstairs, her eyes fall on the table that was piled up with empty alcohol bottles.

The house was a complete mess with the stinging smell of alcohol that made her nauseous. She instantly covered her mouth. She bumps into vijay on her way and stumbled backwards. With one hand he pulled her towards himself by holding her waist. While holding a beer bottle in his other hand. The moment she came to his embrace, he felt peace. It's like he survived this two days without her, but not living. He realised how much he missed her.

"Why the hell are you doing here? He asked , glaring down at her.

"Are you drinking liquor?" her eyes widened in shock.

"Does it even matter?" He muttered.

"Are you trying to break a world record or something" she asked as she tried to snatched the beer bottle from his hands.

"Don't touch me" he gritted his teeth in anger.

'Did you forgot what i said? I don't wanna see your face ever again. So get out now" he shouted.

"No you missed something. I don't wanna see your face ever again. Slut! that's what you said. I do remember everything." she whispered silently.

Then What are you doing in my house? Don't you feel uncomfortable here? Why don't you go to your boyfriend's place? He fumes in anger.

Some unknown pain covered her eyes. He wasn't able to read her emotions.

"I came here to take my certificates back as I am in need of a job." She said in a low tone.

"I don't care about what you need. You still have the nerve to come infront of me. Great! I wonder, from where did you got the guts to come in front of me and face me after everything you did". He taunted.

"I just came to take my certificates not to prove my guts" she muttered.

"I don't get a thing.. Hmm.. Though your boyfriend that prick is not so successful, he still can provide you enough. Don't he? Then why the hell are you here wasting my time?" He lashed out.

Suddenly Sana who overheard their conversation came from behind moved towards priya like a possessed woman.

"Maybe being with boyfriend Outdated. Priya, why don't you just do this? Trap a successful businessman and make another year of contract with him. Then you don't need to work. Life will be much easier." Sana yelled at priya.

And that's it. Tears welled up in her eyes and yes, her tears still affect him. On the next moment Sana started shouting in rage.

"Tumhari himmat kaise hui yahan aane ki" Sana slapped priya hard on the cheeks as soon as the words come out of her mouth. Vijay was extremely shocked by her behaviour. He managed to held priya before she hit the floor.

"How dare you touch her" Vijay grabbed her arms and pushed her on the floor. Get. out. now.. I mean it" he barked at sana while he held priya protectively in his arms.

"Vijay you pushed me for this bitch.. Do I mean anything to you?" She asked in disbelief, with tears in her eyes.

"You are nothing to me.. do you get that.. just get out now" Vijay exploded in anger. Neither Priya nor Sana expected this from Vijay. Sana's eyes popped out in shock and she was heartbroken. She glared at them for a few seconds and left the place immediately.

Priya clutched on to the back of his shirt tightly. His one arm wrapped around her waist, he held her tightly against his chest.

"Oh I'm sorry, you must be feeling uncomfortable now" he said as he released her from his embrace.

Priya couldn't control her tears after listening to his words. She felt terrible for hiding things from him. What if something goes wrong. She don't want to put his life in danger, because of her.
Vijay Snapped his fingers breaking her trance. "Get your stuff out and never come back" he said irritably. Soon she took her certificates and stromed out of the mansion.

Vijay's POV

My mind feels like it split into two. One side is telling me that she loves me and the other side is telling me that she loves him. Why do I want her back when she absolutely don't love me?

It's like every single breath of mine want to follow her command and She's my queen. She loved me don't she. I felt it in every breath of her, everyday. How could i be possibly wrong. She took care of my every needs both physically and emotionally. She would made sure i eat my meals. She was afraid to lose me. She can't even stay away from me for a single day. when i was at office, she used to miss me. If it's not love then what is it?

Then why she did this? All of a sudden, from where did Navdeep came from. If she loves me, then why would she say that she's in love with that Navdeep. If she loves me they Why would she wanted to get a divorce from me. And why would she try to tarnish my image by publishing the contract papers and gave interview with that Navdeep.

Priya never resist my touch. I never saw her getting uncomfortable when i touch her. But yesterday she made me feel it. And that's the moment i felt like i should gave up on her. Her words still ringing in the back of my head. I saw that disgust when she slapped me. For the first time in my life, Someone has the guts to slap me.

The priya i knew can never go to such shameless lengths. She don't even know how to be selfish. I never saw her talking to someone rudely. All she knew is to cry. Priya don't even know how to stand up for herself. Even if someone hurt her or treats her badly, all she can do is cry, she used to suffer in silence. Not even once i saw her raising her voice at anyone. She was good to everyone but why did she betrayed me?

What irritates me the most is she don't have answers for any of my questions. She simply told me that she loves him.
We had been pretty much inseparable for an year and all of a sudden she wanted to divorce me. How and why? i couldn't comprehend much.

Ever since Priya came into my life i stopped drinking as she don't like it. Now this is what help me going. Though intoxicated i couldn't get her out of my mind.

Suddenly i remember an immediate work which needed to be done so i called my secretary. "Arrange a meeting with Mr.Navdeep Khurana regarding the partnership of an upcoming project".