Part 12

Author's  P.O.V:

The next day Priya woke up in the morning with a huge smile on her face thinking about the events of the previous day.

"Kahnaji thank you for everything". She chanted some prayers and get up from bed and went to the bathroom.

While Priya was taking shower, Deepa comes to the room to see Vijay was still sleeping.

"Vijay wakes up" she is trying to wake him for the last fifteen minutes.

"Di just go. Let me sleep for five more minutes" he pleaded.

"Such a sleepy head you are. Get up Vijay" She urged him.

Vijay grumbled and tossed in the bed. Finally, his eyes fluttered open.

"Vijay It's getting late for the puja., It's her first aarti. Don't be late. And tell Priya to wear this saree. Bring her down faster" She placed the saree on the table and left.

Vijay is on a call when Priya came out of the bathroom wearing his bathrobe as she forgets to take her clothes inside. She is embarrassed to face Vijay and tiptoes to the dressing table. Vijay chuckled looking at her. She was about to close the door when he stopped her.

"hey wait wait, di asked you to wear this" He gave the saree and took a glance at her. She gets the saree and goes to change.

Priya doesn't know how to drape a saree and was trying.

"Oh kahnaji ab mein kya karu. What will I do now? In this way, only that beautician di had draped it. How perfect it was..! But look at what I did, why it is not coming to me"

Vijay gets ready for the pooja But she is nowhere to see.

"Priya come out. we are getting late for aarti" he said.

"Yeah I'm coming," she said in a sad tone
Vijay was waiting for 10 more minutes. Priya are you listening. Everyone is waiting for us.

Priya doesn't know what to say because she doesn't know how to drape a saree and is still in her inskirt blouse.

"Priya comes out, you don't have all day" urged Vijay.

"Priya is everything ok.. koi help chaiyee" he asked.

"Hmm.. no sir. But... She stammered.

As she didn't respond he assumed that something is wrong with her.

Vijay knocked on the door one more time "Priya I'm coming inside" he said.

Vijay gets inside the dressing room and finds her still not wearing the saree and understood what's the matter is" and he giggles looking at Priya who tried to hides behind the side of the wardrobe.

Vijay: Priya do you have any plan to attend the aarti? Everyone is waiting for us, come here I will help you.

"aap meri madat karenge" (you will help me? ) Priya asked in disbelief.

"Of course I will, Why can't I help you? Now come here, we are getting late"

Priya is too shy to move and she immediately tried to cover herself with the saree.

"It's ok Priya. Let me help you" he said while moving towards her. And she could already feel the nervous sensation building on the pit of her stomach.

Priya looked at him in aww while he worked on the pleats of her saree. He could visibly see the crimson blush on her cheeks.

He was constantly staring at her eyes which increased the tension between them.

she wears her jewelry and sindoor after that they go downstairs.

Vijay and Priya come downstairs. Everyone greeted Priya.
All assembled for puja. Priya performs the aarti singing a song as Vijay stands by her side as per the custom of the Chandrasekhar's family.
Then everyone did aarti.

Just as the puja ends. Priya touch the feet of CS and saritha to get blessings but they didn't let her touch the feet instead hugged her and said from the moment Vijay tied the knot, you are like our daughter deepa. We will never hurt you and our blessings will always be with you" Saritha said kissing her forehead making Priya emotional.

"You have got a wonderful voice Priya. I never thought you can sing this good"  vijay commended.

"You have so much left to know about my bahu. She is the best" said Chandrasekhar proudly.

After puja, they had breakfast together.

"Aunty I will prepare lunch today What do you want to have?" asked Priya

"beta you just got married yesterday We can't let you work at least for a month. After your pag phere you can cook if it's necessary" said saritha.

Vijay comes looking for Priya in the kitchen. "Priya you have got a call from vidya. You daadi want to talk to you. And by the way what are you doing here this early? Asked Vijay

"When will I come back after pag phere?.. How many rituals are yet to come aunty" asked Priya

"you will be staying in your father's home for 3 days. After you come back bas your pehli rasoi and suhaag raat ki tayari karni hai.. That's all beta" she said plainly and Priya's eyes widened.

"Today you take rest. If you want something, you can ask the maid anytime. She will make it for you" said saritha.

"So Priya mam enjoy your three days with daadi. At least I'll peacefully go to the office for these three days" said Vijay

Priya and Vijay come back to the room. Vijay goes to get freshen up. Priya is in deep thoughts. She sits on the bed thinking about Saritha aunt's words.

Oh, Krishna I never thought about this suhaag raat thing.. What if he kisses me on suhag raat". She murmured to herself.

Vijay comes out of the bathroom and gets ready for the office.

Priya was starring at him without blinking her eye. He went near and Snapped his fingers to get her attention.

"why are looking at me like this? Did you forget what buajii said? Still, more days are left for our suhaag raat. So stop staring at me like this" teased Vijay with a smirk and go to attend a call

"Chii. I was just looking at him" she muttered to herself.

Priya's P.O.V:

Vijay was about to leave the room but suddenly he came back to me. He was dressed in a black suit with a white shirt and was looking so handsome.

"Priya I have brought a dress for you. It's in my wardrobe" he said.

"Dress for me?" I asked
I will come back at 2 PM and take you home for pag phere you be ready ok" he said and left to office.

" He already brought so many dresses for me. I opened his wardrobe to find a beautiful golden suit. I loved it and going to wear it for my pag phere. He really had a good taste"

We all had lunch together. I got ready for the pag phere and was waiting for him to come. He's so punctual in his work.. like, to attend a meeting at 9 AM he will reach there one hour before at the same time he's quite opposite when it comes to family. He always makes me wait.

And yeah there he got home "you are looking gorgeous Priya" he commented.

Then we reached my home. My neighbors and family members surrounded our car to see me. And I am super excited to meet my daadi. She welcomed us both teary-eyed. And my friend Kriti gives me a warm hug and started pulling Vijay's leg.

Vaani's mom and vidya Behen welcomed me with a plastic smile and did the aarti and take us both inside. For the first time in my life vidya tried to be nice to me. My daadi and Kriti took me inside the room. They asked me how I feel about my new family.

"kahnaji had given me all the love I have been craving for. Through my new family. Uncle aunty Deepa di everyone loves me so much daadi. They take care of me like their own daughter"

Priya burst into tears while talking about the family.

And what about Vijay Priya? Asked Kriti.

"He is really good at heart. He treats me with respect. Daadi can't stop her tears, holding me.

Then Vijay sir come to meet my daadi.
"thank you so much beta Finally I have seen my Priya got a family she always prayed for," said daadi

"Don't embarrass me by saying thank you. Daadi I got this mobile phone for you. It's already activated. And our numbers are saved. You can talk to Priya anytime you want to and if you want to meet in her person. Just give me a call said, Vijay.